Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

My subscription was suppose to stop yesterday but I still have access to floatplane. FYI

16 minutes ago, tehkei said:

My subscription was suppose to stop yesterday but I still have access to floatplane. FYI

You get a 6 day grace period to work around some PayPal issues - once that's over you should lose access.

HTTP/2 203

The fix did't work for me, still don't have access. Payed about a week ago .

EDIT: work fine now

• 2 weeks later...

Had to run script for a second time. Also emailed help email for a pay related issue

CPU: AMD R5-1600X @4.1 GHz/1.416v, GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb, RAM: 2x8gb Crucial, Mobo: MSI B350 Pro Mate, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 X, Case: Cooler Master Enforcer

Step 1: Subscribe 

Step 2: Pay

Step 3: No access :(

Step 4: Run Script (No luck :/)

Please help i have been billed and money taken through paypal :( 

Got it to work :D 

Edited by Pwoink Lominoid
Issue is resolved

19 minutes ago, Pwoink Lominoid said:

Step 1: Subscribe 

Step 2: Pay

Step 3: No access :(

Step 4: Run Script (No luck :/)

Please help i have been billed and money taken through paypal :( 

Make sure you are logged in to the correct forum account. If that's definitely the case, send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com and Luke will help you out. 

HTTP/2 203

I just used it. Still waiting for access but it's only been about 5mins.

I guess those developers you advertised for turned down the pay check so you ended up with PHP developers ^_^

failplane.png

4 hours ago, BigPoppaIsHere said:

I guess those developers you advertised for turned down the pay check so you ended up with PHP developers ^_^

failplane.png

The floatplane site doesn't use PHP, but the forum software that we are using here does, so the helper script has to use PHP to be able to interface nicely with the forum.

HTTP/2 203

10 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The floatplane site doesn't use PHP, but the forum software that we are using here does, so the helper script has to use PHP to be able to interface nicely with the forum.

I am seeing that same issue when trying to run the script.  Any thoughts on how to fix it?

2 hours ago, iiTenaciousG said:

I am seeing that same issue when trying to run the script.  Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Same here, though I'll check back in a couple of days.

7 hours ago, iiTenaciousG said:

You appear to have access to Floatplane. If it's not working correctly, follow the instructions on that page and send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com.

4 hours ago, Fronk the Fish said:

Same here, though I'll check back in a couple of days.

If you've definitely been charged, send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com.

HTTP/2 203

18 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Invision uses MySql (at least during my days in dealing with IPB), which isn't tied directly to PHP at all. I'm guessing it's a DB trigger/sync issue?

Anyway, that's not the point. The "fix" doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, BigPoppaIsHere said:

Invision uses MySql (at least during my days in dealing with IPB), which isn't tied directly to PHP at all. I'm guessing it's a DB trigger/sync issue?

Anyway, that's not the point. The "fix" doesn't work.

The script doesn't just access the database, it calls into the forum code.

Your account is set up to have Floatplane access. If you're having issues, send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

HTTP/2 203

I fixed my issue by refreshing my ltt forum account on the linked accounts page and all my stuff instantly appeared. worth a shot for others as it worked for me!

so the title bar or what you call it is supposed to have floatplane club and bitwit ultra right? Right now i only see floatplane club. Only reason i have access to bitwit ultra is because i had both subscriptions on separate tabs

Just now, GymBody said:

so the title bar or what you call it is supposed to have floatplane club and bitwit ultra right? Right now i only see floatplane club. Only reason i have access to bitwit ultra is because i had both subscriptions on separate tabs

Bitwit Ultra isn't currently in the nav bar, but it is at the top of the forum listing.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Bitwit Ultra isn't currently in the nav bar, but it is at the top of the forum listing.

I think thats what i meant. Its supposed to be right next to Floatplane club right?

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

My bad. found it again. Its under forums directly. Thnx for the reply either way man

Last 2 months I've been billed but I have lost access. Kinda shitty if you tell me ?

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

4 hours ago, Polarwindz said:

Last 2 months I've been billed but I have lost access. Kinda shitty if you tell me ?

You have access now, but if you would like to request a refund for the unused time you can send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com

HTTP/2 203

Don't know if it is just me but the floatplane section has disappeared even when I log out I can't see it and my shortcut to it doesn't work?

Edit: OK my bad, think the page on the first post worked, just presumed that even if I didn't have access to it I would still be able to see it.

8 minutes ago, Raz Ghost said:

Don't know if it is just me but the floatplane section has disappeared even when I log out I can't see it and my shortcut to it doesn't work?

Your account appears to be set up for it correctly (you won't be able to access it when logged out though). The videos are on the forum at https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/91-the-floatplane-club/

HTTP/2 203

Member wizards? 

I member. 

those are some good berries

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed support.  How long does an official response normally take?

Billing issues which are not my fault that take away my access is not a fun time.

Why, oh why, when I start a subscription on the 23rd of December would the subscription fee not be requested to be paid again until the 2nd of February?  Then, I lose access on January 28th.

Completely out of my hands as to the date paypal takes the payment, completely out of my hands as to which day my subscription expires.  There should really be a longer grace period, or there is a software hiccup in between LTT and Paypal as to what dates things are supposed to happen.

LTT Paypal no talkie.png

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450