Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:31 PM, dmonline said:

Same here - I've sent an email to ask for support

same with me.. sent a couple emails, haven't heard anything back yet. tried adding a new payment method but when i click on the subscribe button it says something went wrong and to please try again later.  and when i try and go to the FAQ section it keeps wanting me to log in and when i do it shoots me to the main floatplane page so i go back to the FAQ page and i have to sign in again.   im guessing something went really really wrong over at float plane and it screwed everything up.

glad i was able to find this to see that im not the only one and that its prolly floatplane that is not working correctly instead of it being because i clicked something unknowingly and screwed up my own crap B^)

15 minutes ago, Edzew said:

same with me.. sent a couple emails, haven't heard anything back yet. tried adding a new payment method but when i click on the subscribe button it says something went wrong and to please try again later.  and when i try and go to the FAQ section it keeps wanting me to log in and when i do it shoots me to the main floatplane page so i go back to the FAQ page and i have to sign in again.   im guessing something went really really wrong over at float plane and it screwed everything up.

glad i was able to find this to see that im not the only one and that its prolly floatplane that is not working correctly instead of it being because i clicked something unknowingly and screwed up my own crap B^)

Luke has posted a response elsewhere, which sounds like the same issue you're having

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Unfortunately PayPal has turned everything off for us at this time. We're working diligently to get everything turned back on - Seems like they aren't however so I have no ETA on when it will be working.

In the meantime feel free to subscribe with credit card through Stripe.

Thanks, sorry for the troubles 

HTTP/2 203

19 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Luke has posted a response elsewhere, which sounds like the same issue you're having

i actually typed that this morning, wasn't able to create an account on here till i got home. after posting it i saw that they added a notification on floatplane about it. came back to say if you added another pay option to your account that you need to switch the main payment option from paypal to the new payment. that fixed everything and i was able to resub.

Just saw, that there are problems with PayPal. My problem is, that the workaround doesn't work for me, because I don't have a credit card. I know over there in North America it's pretty standard, but here in Germany we're more reliant on cash and debit cards and many if not the most don't have a credit card. So please find an alternative that provides direct debit for German bank accounts or at least an option where you can do prepaid from an German account or so.

2 hours ago, Nordish Ben said:

Just saw, that there are problems with PayPal. My problem is, that the workaround doesn't work for me, because I don't have a credit card. I know over there in North America it's pretty standard, but here in Germany we're more reliant on cash and debit cards and many if not the most don't have a credit card. So please find an alternative that provides direct debit for German bank accounts or at least an option where you can do prepaid from an German account or so.

Debit cards can do online payments too. My both cards are debit, and older works fine with PayPal. And actually I've used it like CC on sites which support VISA cards.

Your bigger issue might be with German laws which are against auto-renewing subscriptions. You should contact to FP support to voice this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I want the option to pay more money for my subscription, I just don't think 3$ is enough for my LTT subscription I enjoy it enough to pay at least 5$ a month.

7 hours ago, Cyb3rBlitzX said:

I want the option to pay more money for my subscription, I just don't think 3$ is enough for my LTT subscription I enjoy it enough to pay at least 5$ a month.

Then you should get forum subscription. They are $5, $10 and $25 per month. With FP access included.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wish there was a forum dedicated to floatplane... when do we expect the official launch? :D 

5 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

I wish there was a forum dedicated to floatplane... when do we expect the official launch? :D 

There is forum, but it's only available for those whose subscription goes through forums. I would wish that there was few threads for bugs and suggestions, and other such things. Currently we get next to none info about what's been worked on etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There is forum, but it's only available for those whose subscription goes through forums. I would wish that there was few threads for bugs and suggestions, and other such things. Currently we get next to none info about what's been worked on etc.

Yes, little to no information. THere's no Twitter, or Facebook, or any other presence. Even here, it's hard to find topics related to Floatplane.

1 minute ago, PeterBocan said:

Yes, little to no information. THere's no Twitter, or Facebook, or any other presence. Even here, it's hard to find topics related to Floatplane.

Luke is over a year overdue with developers update blog post. Believe me, I've asking for more transparency, to at least subscribers for over a year now. But as you may have guessed, interaction with community is lacking on whole LMG.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Luke is over a year overdue with developers update blog post. Believe me, I've asking for more transparency, to at least subscribers for over a year now. But as you may have guessed, interaction with community is lacking on whole LMG.

Twitter status updates of 200 characters would be enough. :D Like that's a 5 minutes long task.

14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Then you should get forum subscription. They are $5, $10 and $25 per month. With FP access included.

I thought they separated the forum from floatplane

14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

But I did get the bronze membership so thanks for the tip. I just want to support what they do. 

15 minutes ago, Cyb3rBlitzX said:

11 minutes ago, Cyb3rBlitzX said:

But I did get the bronze membership so thanks for the tip. I just want to support what they do. 

Just Floatplane subs have been separated months ago. But forum subscribers are different. They support forum/LMG directly, and remain only subscription that only goes through forums, and gets all of the benefits. Like FP forum access.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Cyb3rBlitzX said:

The forum is (mostly) separated from Floatplane, but one of the benefits of the forum contributor tiers is that you get Floatplane access.

HTTP/2 203

22 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The forum is (mostly) separated from Floatplane, but one of the benefits of the forum contributor tiers is that you get Floatplane access.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

How do I get access back to the floatplane forum? I am logged into floatplane via my forum login but resubbing there has lost me access to the floatplane forum section. Do I have to subscribe via Bronze contributer in the forum store? If I can't get access back to the forum I'm going to cancel my floatplane sub all together, the website is still unusable in its current state.

41 minutes ago, usefuldiot said:

How do I get access back to the floatplane forum? I am logged into floatplane via my forum login but resubbing there has lost me access to the floatplane forum section. Do I have to subscribe via Bronze contributer in the forum store? If I can't get access back to the forum I'm going to cancel my floatplane sub all together, the website is still unusable in its current state.

Subforum is available only those whose subscription still goes through forums. So yes, if you want that, forum subscriptions are only way. At the moment, benefits are very slim. If you like to discuss on forum side, thats the only one currently. Or maybe download older videos. Embedding videos is still not working, so you would need to watch videos on actual site.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Please send an email to support@floatplane.com for support.

I talked to Floatplane Support regarding cancelled subscriptions and it's apparently cos Paypal is screwing up and not taking payment.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

hello i am a floatplane subscriber since it started but now i changed my credit card and when i hit the purchase button on floatplane an error pops up saying something went wrong any idea what might the issue be?

Is the forum side down? Or was my access revoked? The comments were a lot nicer on the forum, with embedded images etc. The new site has pretty comments but zero functionality.  

Also I hate having to manually rename the videos downloaded on floatplane.com, this was not an issue with the download button on the forum.

37 minutes ago, rwantare said:

Is the forum side down? Or was my access revoked? The comments were a lot nicer on the forum, with embedded images etc. The new site has pretty comments but zero functionality.  

Also I hate having to manually rename the videos downloaded on floatplane.com, this was not an issue with the download button on the forum.

If you read few posts before, this is been answered. The long and short of it, only those whose subscription goes through forum have access to subforum for Floatplane. Currently you would only have comment section on it as embedding isn't working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an issue, but I figured I'd still ask here.

Am I violating anything if I post somewhere (Reddit, for example) a screenshot of a video released in Floatplane but not yet in Youtube? It's just a meme.

1 hour ago, takagi19 said:

Not really an issue, but I figured I'd still ask here.

Am I violating anything if I post somewhere (Reddit, for example) a screenshot of a video released in Floatplane but not yet in Youtube? It's just a meme.

We take a pretty liberal stance on fair use of our content. I would consider a screenshot of a video that's been turned into a meme to be highly transformative and therefore covered under fair use.