Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colonel_mortis

If the support wizard isn't able to solve your problem, please send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for assistance. Support cannot be offered in this topic, and you will just be directed to the email.

Message added by colonel_mortis

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

In floatplane.com, click the cog in the bottom left, next to your name, then click "settings". In the tab nav that appears, click "Connected Accounts", then click the refresh icon next to Linus Tech Tips. (The steps are mostly similar to https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/976027-how-to-link-discord-to-your-floatplanecom-account/). If that doesn't work, or it would be easier, you can also log out, then log back in using the LTT forum, as this will also force a resync.

 

If you're on mobile you'll need to access the desktop version of the site to see the refresh option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

-sorry fixed it-


Main Machine:  27inch iMac 5k Retina (Mid 2017), Core i5-7600, 1TB Fusion Drive, 8GB DDR4-2400MHz, Radeon Pro 570 4GB, MacOS Mojave

Network Gear: Dell PowerEdge T110, TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, Sky Router, Asus Wireless Access Point.

Mobile Machine:  15inch MacBook Pro (Mid 2010), Core i5-540M, 240 GB SSD, 8GB DDR3-1067MHz, nVidia GeForce GT 330M 256MB, MacOS High Sierra

Other Tech: iPhone XS Max, Series 4 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods, PS3, Xbox 360, 20inch iMac G4

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.


CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 32GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB, SanDisk 120GB ssd, 3 TB Toshiba HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Raw,  Headset: Logitech G35, OS: UnRaid with two WIN10 VMs and Plex 
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieselWeasel said:

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.

You need to login to PayPal to cancel the recurring subscription. It's stupid, but that's why we spent the last year building a better system :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselWeasel said:

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.

https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/

If you select the yearly one from there, you don't have "suspend" and "cancel" options at right top corner?


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, DieselWeasel said:

I'm on the old 30$/year plan that expires tomorrow, but I don't want to renew it. I don't see any options to cancel the agreement. Is that because the option for yearly subscription is gone? Will my agreement expire automatically without being renewed or am I missing the cancel subscription button.

If you have already cancelled it within PayPal, you're already sorted, and the cancel buttons won't show up on the forum. You will retain access for a few (~6) days after it was due to expire though.

If you haven't cancelled in PayPal, and the buttons still aren't showing up in https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/, then that sounds like a bug - please let me know if this is the case so I can investigate it further.


I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

 

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 6:09 PM, colonel_mortis said:

In floatplane.com, click the cog in the bottom left, next to your name, then click "settings". In the tab nav that appears, click "Connected Accounts", then click the refresh icon next to Linus Tech Tips. (The steps are mostly similar to https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/976027-how-to-link-discord-to-your-floatplanecom-account/). If that doesn't work, or it would be easier, you can also log out, then log back in using the LTT forum, as this will also force a resync.

 

I was having this exact problem, and that seems to have fixed it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/

If you select the yearly one from there, you don't have "suspend" and "cancel" options at right top corner?

 

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you have already cancelled it within PayPal, you're already sorted, and the cancel buttons won't show up on the forum. You will retain access for a few (~6) days after it was due to expire though.

If you haven't cancelled in PayPal, and the buttons still aren't showing up in https://linustechtips.com/main/clients/billing-agreements/, then that sounds like a bug - please let me know if this is the case so I can investigate it further.

I've already canceled the payment within PayPal, but this page didn't change. It's as I remember it from yesterday... no buttons http://prntscr.com/l704zy . Ofcourse now that I've already canceled my subscription the buttons shouldn't be there, but there was nothing there before.


CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 32GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB, SanDisk 120GB ssd, 3 TB Toshiba HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Raw,  Headset: Logitech G35, OS: UnRaid with two WIN10 VMs and Plex 
Link to post
Share on other sites

im having the opposite issue from the gentlman above.. I Had the 30/year plan that expired 11 days ago but apparently it got "insta" canceled on the day i subscribed... its unfortunate for me bc i prefer to pay yearly and the new floatplane dosent allow yearly payments

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did I have to cancel my sub all of a sudden and resub?  I tried to follow the link to support under the invoices tab in settings and it did nothing. A heads up if this was planned would've been nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to hear that your having issues too @JPTechGrind  if I'm not mistaken their old payment system was suuuupper messed up... but the switch to the new one screwed me over too still haven't heard a satisfactory answer about my getting my yearly subscription back. @Slick

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/25/2018 at 1:08 AM, JPTechGrind said:

Why did I have to cancel my sub all of a sudden and resub?  I tried to follow the link to support under the invoices tab in settings and it did nothing. A heads up if this was planned would've been nice.

 

On 10/25/2018 at 6:30 AM, Bugboy94 said:

sorry to hear that your having issues too @JPTechGrind  if I'm not mistaken their old payment system was suuuupper messed up... but the switch to the new one screwed me over too still haven't heard a satisfactory answer about my getting my yearly subscription back. @Slick

If you were originally subscribed on the forum, no changes have been made, though PayPal has been known to randomly cancel the recurring payments, which is outside of our control.

If you were subscribed on floatplane.com, I'm not aware of any changes like that, but you would need to contact floatplane support for authoritative information about that.


I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

 

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting this issue below? I am unable to play the video and the play button is in the wrong place. Floatplane.com is working fine so I'm using that, just a little odd...

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

 

If you were originally subscribed on the forum, no changes have been made, though PayPal has been known to randomly cancel the recurring payments, which is outside of our control.

If you were subscribed on floatplane.com, I'm not aware of any changes like that, but you would need to contact floatplane support for authoritative information about that.

as you have mentioned, I have contacted the floatplane support as well as the forum support. yes i did have the subscription through the forum.  as far as i can tell from talking to paypal regarding this, "the company providing the subscription canceled it"  from PayPal's  perspective  unfortunately both forum and floatplane support have no way to authorize/re-establish a full yearly subscription. even one with no discount. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all,

 

I just subscribed to LTT on Floatplane - I did it directly through the Floatplane website so I can't use the wizard to fix my problem (D'oh!). I can watch Linus' videos on Floatplane.com, but I don't have access to the floatplane section of the forum. My Floatplane account is definitely connected to both my Discord and this forum:

 

image.png.aefd04ff7048158981d7ac3e7a1ac71b.png

 

I did only just buy this like 10 minutes ago, so could it just be a matter of waiting a bit longer? The payment has definitely been taken because I checked my Paypal and my bank account. I have pressed the refresh button on both of the connected accounts too.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Hey all,

 

I just subscribed to LTT on Floatplane - I did it directly through the Floatplane website so I can't use the wizard to fix my problem (D'oh!). I can watch Linus' videos on Floatplane.com, but I don't have access to the floatplane section of the forum. My Floatplane account is definitely connected to both my Discord and this forum:

 

image.png.aefd04ff7048158981d7ac3e7a1ac71b.png

 

I did only just buy this like 10 minutes ago, so could it just be a matter of waiting a bit longer? The payment has definitely been taken because I checked my Paypal and my bank account. I have pressed the refresh button on both of the connected accounts too.

If you buy through website, you don't get forum access. Yes for all other features, if Discord integration is already working.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you buy through website, you don't get forum access. Yes for all other features, if Discord integration is already working.

LOL that explains that 😩🔫 And nah nothing else is working, so I'll just wait and keep refreshing every few hours

 

EDIT: I just bought it through the forum instead and everything's fine and working. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Floatplane stopped working (subbed through the forum when it first started). After struggling with the website and searching for help threads, I finally managed to find the support wizard, which said it was a Paypal problem, and I should cancel the subscription and try again. There's no Cancel option, but I assume Suspend is what it meant, so I did that.

 

But now, when I try to re-purchase, the price is $2.99 per month, instead of the $29.99 per year I had been paying. Has the price just increased, and I'm out of luck? Or can I renew my subscription at the original price somehow? I checked, and there's been no problems with my card or Paypal account.

 

As a bit of additional feedback, the whole process has been pretty frustrating. There's no help link on the Floatplane website whatsoever, and I had been searching through the website for a while before I finally managed to find this support thread. Trying to manage the subscription was frustrating, as I had to figure out you had to click on Store on the forum page, then to see subscriptions, then spot the faded gray button to Suspend the subscription, even though the Support Wizard says to look for a Cancel option.

 

EDIT: Emailed, as well.

Edited by brningpyre
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, brningpyre said:

My Floatplane stopped working (subbed through the forum when it first started). After struggling with the website and searching for help threads, I finally managed to find the support wizard, which said it was a Paypal problem, and I should cancel the subscription and try again. There's no Cancel option, but I assume Suspend is what it meant, so I did that.

On the forum? There should be a cancel button next to the suspend button. I agree that they aren't nearly visible enough, and will look into changing that in a future update.

If there definitely wasn't a cancel button, I'm not sure why that's happened but can look into it.

I'll also look at adding more help on unsubscribing to the support wizard - there is an option for it when you start the wizard, but it should probably be linked to during the process too.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, brningpyre said:

But now, when I try to re-purchase, the price is $2.99 per month, instead of the $29.99 per year I had been paying. Has the price just increased, and I'm out of luck? Or can I renew my subscription at the original price somehow? I checked, and there's been no problems with my card or Paypal account. 

The yearly subscription was removed, though I don't know whether it is going to be added back on the fp site. Floatplane support will be the best people to advise you further.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, brningpyre said:

As a bit of additional feedback, the whole process has been pretty frustrating. There's no help link on the Floatplane website whatsoever, and I had been searching through the website for a while before I finally managed to find this support thread. Trying to manage the subscription was frustrating, as I had to figure out you had to click on Store on the forum page, then to see subscriptions, then spot the faded gray button to Suspend the subscription, even though the Support Wizard says to look for a Cancel option.

 

EDIT: Emailed, as well.

The floatplane wizard is also linked in the site footer here; I would recommend mentioning the lack of support resources on the fp site to fp support.


I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

 

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×