Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

For support with Floatplane, please send an email to support@floatplane.com. The forum staff cannot help with issues relating to the Floatplane site.

Please note that subscriptions have been migrated to the floatplane website, and service through the forum is being retired.

Edited by colonel_mortis
Migration to floatplane.com is almost complete

HTTP/2 203

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you have been billed for access to the floatplane club, but have lost access to the videos subforum, please visit https://linustechtips.com/main/floatplane_resync.php. This script will fix the most common issues, so you should regain access within about 10 minutes.

If you use it, please post in this topic (including whether it appears to have worked) so that I can track how frequently it occurs and whether the script is working correctly.

Oh, I guess I wasn't the only one with that problem, I wonder will it happen next month too....

Yours faithfully

Thanks for this! It's good to see you have a fix :)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Thankfully I haven't had this issue yet, but I sure will use this link if I do get that problem!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Been spamming this for the past day or 2 and nothing is working!!!

Ahahaha

And a payment has just been taken from my PayPal so I'm confused

We cri for @colonel_mortis

8 hours ago, DaGingi said:

Been spamming this for the past day or 2 and nothing is working!!!

Ahahaha

And a payment has just been taken from my PayPal so I'm confused

We cri for @colonel_mortis

Can you send me a PM with the error message that you're getting? On this end, it's not showing any attempted purchases at all for your account, successful or not.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using it, still nothing. I actually just had the FPC payment come out this morning as well.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

I tried using it, still nothing. I actually just had the FPC payment come out this morning as well.

It looks like it's fixed for you now - it takes up to 10 minutes for the changes to apply.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

Just used this script and it worked

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant even buy it it just keeps canceling the payment through paypal. 

• 3 weeks later...

Used the script and waited for about 10 minutes and it looks like it worked!

I was still billed the 2.99 today but i paid the 29.99 on april 15th

Just now, xillius said:

I was still billed the 2.99 today but i paid the 29.99 on april 15th

Can you send me a PM saying the same thing? I can't deal with it right now, but I will process it with the other people having the same issue at some point in the next few days, when I have time, so I will need a PM to remind me.

HTTP/2 203

Just worked for me as well. 

If I may make a suggestion, switch to Stripe instead of Paypal. Stripe was started by several engineers who left paypal because they don't have the greatest code practices. Paypal's api changes all the time without warning and then the customers get blamed for not using it right... (or that's how things were a ~year and a half ago when I was working with it).

Stripe seems to have much better practices, is easy to learn to work with, has good documentation, and lets you specify the api version you're using so you don't get blindsided by changes.

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

On 23/05/2017 at 6:56 PM, Elerek said:

If I may make a suggestion, switch to Stripe instead of Paypal. Stripe was started by several engineers who left paypal because they don't have the greatest code practices. Paypal's api changes all the time without warning and then the customers get blamed for not using it right... (or that's how things were a ~year and a half ago when I was working with it).

Stripe seems to have much better practices, is easy to learn to work with, has good documentation, and lets you specify the api version you're using so you don't get blindsided by changes.

From what luke said previously the plan is to offer both stripe and paypal as payment methods once the full site launches

On 5/23/2017 at 6:56 PM, Elerek said:

Once it becomes a proper platform, They are going to be open with more payment methods. They only use PayPal because of the simplicity and security it offers for buyers and themselves

Hello

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

lose access about 2 weeks ago. Didn't remember about it until i was going through my paypal and realised it was still paying. Run the script. Got email. Working again

CPU: AMD R5-1600X @4.1 GHz/1.416v, GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb, RAM: 2x8gb Crucial, Mobo: MSI B350 Pro Mate, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 X, Case: Cooler Master Enforcer

34 minutes ago, aarondatechguy said:

Hey,

lose access about 2 weeks ago. Didn't remember about it until i was going through my paypal and realised it was still paying. Run the script. Got email. Working again

Welcome back! Sorry for the hassle!

How will you guys approach this issue when floatplane becomes a standalone platform?

@LinusTech @colonel_mortis @CatBoiler (sorry if I tagged too many people/annoyed you dudes)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

How will you guys approach this issue when floatplane becomes a standalone platform?

@LinusTech @colonel_mortis @CatBoiler (sorry if I tagged too many people/annoyed you dudes)

Well, we won't be hamstrung by a fail-sauce, half-baked payment module that we hacked into a forum, so MUCH better :P