Peter Moore to leave EA as ESports head

CGurrell

Peter Moore, currently the head of EA Games ESports division, will be leaving the company this summer to join Liverpool Football Club as CEO. The news broke last night after Liverpools 3-1 loss to Leicester City. He will replace long standing CEO Ian Ayre.

As a fan of Liverpool Football Club myself, Peter has not only realised his own dream of working for his beloved team, in his hometown, but also mine and many of my fellow fans dreams too. I sincerely hope he does a terrific job at LFC. 

From a gaming perspective, EA have recently been stepping up their ESports presence, with more competitive modes added in this year's releases of FIFA and Madden than any previous years. 

Source: KitGuru 

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/eas-esports-head-has-left-to-run-liverpool-fc/

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Talk about an unexpected job change. Wish him all the best. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yup, Liverpool's season looks pretty much over now. Hopefully they can pull it back and get Top 4, I quite like Klopp.

24 minutes ago, JediFragger said:

Yup, Liverpool's season looks pretty much over now. Hopefully they can pull it back and get Top 4, I quite like Klopp.

Yeah, after the shambles last night I'm not holding out much hope. But if Moore can make some good moves in the transfer market this summer (offloading Can and buying a couple of young holding midfielders for depth would be a good start), then who knows what will happen.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor