choosing a name for my youtube tech channel

Abhinavp
hey everybody! i am actually making a youtube tech channel on mostly computers and phones and other kind of tech stuff! i am confused for a channel name i am probably be using "DAWN OF TECH" is this name fine or shall i change it??

Sounds like a good name.

3 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:
i am using this name so dont try to copy it! copy righted stuff u know!!(;

Honestly, My name on youtube is "Ya Mum' there are Several "Ya Mum's" I don't think you can do anything much about it.

EDIT: Didn't wanna seem rude but Jed M basically Summed it up. 

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

6 minutes ago, Jed M said:

You use improper grammar and you're asking for advice for your tech channel's name on another Tech channel's website... you're not going to go far.

thats kind of rude..how do u know that his channel will be an english channel. and plenty of youtubers give advice to other small wannabe youtubers...there is nothing wrong posting here.

Just now, Hunter06 said:

thats kind of rude..how do u know that his channel will be an english channel. and plenty of youtubers give advice to other small wannabe youtubers...there is nothing wrong posting here.

I never said there was something wrong with it?

2 minutes ago, Hunter06 said:

There is nothing wrong with it but the name is English so I think his channel will be English, too.

22 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:

i am using this name so dont try to copy it! copy righted stuff u know!!(;

Just to inform, your channel name is not at all copyrighted.

To have a copy right on the name, you'll need to apply for a trademark which also costs money (A fair bit probably).

However, any content you create on your youtube channel (even with bits of content used in fair usage) is legally yours. Any content you make is automatically protected from copy. Whatever it may be. Video, audio, picture, sculpture, writing. If any is re uploading your content, you are entitled to file a DMCA takedown against them. Note this only applies on REAL-LIFE items. Ideas (Never) and work done as a task (Generally) are not copyrighted to you. In the case of a task, the contract you make with the one who assigned the task, must stipulate the transfer of legal custody of the copyright. Otherwise it's yours. Yet most tasks are handled this way. 

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Probably the most important aspect of a created name is how easily people can relate to it and how easy it is to remember. "Dawn of Tech" seems quite ok.

On the topic of grammar, it is quite easy to judge people without knowing the background. You should have seen how I wrote in the early years of foruming.

PS! Not saying my grammar in English is any good now...

25 minutes ago, MrKickkiller said:

Just to inform, your channel name is not at all copyrighted.

To have a copy right on the name, you'll need to apply for a trademark which also costs money (A fair bit probably).

However, any content you create on your youtube channel (even with bits of content used in fair usage) is legally yours. Any content you make is automatically protected from copy. Whatever it may be. Video, audio, picture, sculpture, writing. If any is re uploading your content, you are entitled to file a DMCA takedown against them. Note this only applies on REAL-LIFE items. Ideas (Never) and work done as a task (Generally) are not copyrighted to you. In the case of a task, the contract you make with the one who assigned the task, must stipulate the transfer of legal custody of the copyright. Otherwise it's yours. Yet most tasks are handled this way. 

You don't have a copyright on it then either. You have a trademark though.

I think you can keep that channel name ;)

In case in future you deicide to change your channel type from tech to anything else you will not face the problem of losing subs;)