75Hz IPS or 144Hz TN

LyricalRain018

Hey guys i jave a dilemma here. Should i get a 1080p 75Hz IPS Freesync Monitor or a 1080p 144Hz TN Freesync Monitor? I dont play competetive games, mostly single player aaa games. What should i get?

I'd suggest the IPS panel

I've owned both TN and IPS in the past, and the difference is immense. Since you're not playing stuff like CS:GO, the 75hz refresh rate will be more than enoughg

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Honestly I'd go for the 144hz TN.

As far as I'm concerned, there are two types of TN. The crappy kind that you find in almost all laptops and some really cheap monitors, and the actually okay ones used in midrange monitors like my LG 24GM77 monitors

I've used IPS before but the motion blur drives me nuts

What do you want? Faster smoother gameplay? 144 Hz > All.

a bit more Image quality? IPS.

Keep in Mind, you can have good IPS, you can have mediocre IPS.

You can have shitty looking TN (mostly the cheaper 144 Hz models), and you can have pretty good looking TN (more expensive ones).

My suggestion: You don't buy a Monitor all 1-2 years.  Spend more, take a 1440p Resolution, 144 Hz with Freesync or G-Sync.

Then you have a better Panel even if its TN, you have a sharper Resolution, and you have MUCH smoother Gameplay (believe me, 144 Hz and 60 Hz (or even 75 Hz) are VERY different things. You can notive it imediately, it's almost a bigger difference than 60 fps vs. 30 fps. And this is already a  new World.

This will be a Monitor, that you might be using even in 2025. Imagine yourself in 2025. Do you want to still look at 1080p? I clearly don't.

Edit: And before there ar e false informations: 144 Hz will make the motions smoother, even if you do NOT have 144 fps. Even with 60 fps, 75 fps, or 90 fps, you benefit from having more Hz.

Less input Lag, much less Tearing etc.

If you play FPS games more,and you have a powerful video card,you can select the 144Hz.  But I like ips more.You can have a good experience with ips  panel.

I have had IPS monitors but i now have  TN 144p 144Hz  Asus PG278QR the panel is excellent for gaming.