BYPASS BIOS PASSWORD ON ASUS LAPTOP (solved)

I just wanted to say thank you!! This worked on my ASUS 203MA I bought in 5/2019. The Rescue Password Repeat every 10 Years! If The Rescue Date is 1-1-2019 use the password listed for 1-1-2009.

Studying for Google IT Professional Certification

• 2 months later...

HI guys. 

please can someone save my ass here. 

ASUS UX360A. BIOS LOCKED. ctrl+r doesnt show the date, removed the battery still not showing the date. 

what can i do please? i just need some tips. 

i appreciate your help guys 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, zldurl said:

Hello

I have a problem with this..what if there is no recovery date after I pressed alt-r? Only "Enter Rescue Password", nothing else

I also had no date above the recovery password field. Take out CMOS batt, power the device & it goes to BIOS & shows date there. Then put back in CMOS & boot back to password, where you can use that date to find your recovery password from the list. In my case it showed 2010-11-01, & so AALCABLA worked for me. Pizza time.

• 2 months later...

So I have date: 2020/01/07.... ten yrs back is 2010/01/7 I tried the password for that date and the one before and after still no joy... eeek lol dont really want pulln this thing apart I am just wanting to re-image to give a way to a charity from my company I work for.

It worked on other ASUS previously until now.

Kind Regards

Kye

14 hours ago, KyeDJ said:

So I have date: 2020/01/07.... ten yrs back is 2010/01/7 I tried the password for that date and the one before and after still no joy... eeek lol dont really want pulln this thing apart I am just wanting to re-image to give a way to a charity from my company I work for.

It worked on other ASUS previously until now.

Kind Regards

Kye

All good people sorry I have managed to get it to work after trying again today... Maybe a typo or something or and issue with the keyboard for what ever reason but thanks for the post guys!!

Awesome :)

• 3 weeks later...

man you jast saved my laptop ! ;)

never had bios password

cmos died, after exchaneg even Win7 wasnt able to change it

after BAAB1BLA im in 

and one day i got in ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

ASUS T100TA   This is what I have and the problem I am having. The BIIOS/CMOS is locked, asking for a password. Date 01/01/2012. I have tried every password on the site that generates a password. I tried 2 years worth of passwords. I know, a lot of passwords to try - 731 to be exact. None of them worked. Once in a while, the date will change to 01/02/2012 - 1 day later than the 1st date it gives. There has to be on the board, 2 solder points to jump to reset the password. There is NO battery to disconnect to reset the BIOS, nothing to unplug to reset it. Like I said, sometimes after I hit alt+r, I get 01/01/2012 sometimes I get 01/02/2012. Any help any one can give me I will deeply appreciate it. I tried unplugging the battery and letting it die completely, then holding the power button to remove all current in the pad. I tried holding the power button plus the volume up button, then the volume down button, then both up and down buttons while holding the power button. I tried the F2 button on the keyboard while hold the power button, then I tried a USB keyboard and tried it there. Nothingwill let me in to the BIOS. I am about ready to change the motherboard. As I said, any help, any at all...

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2017 at 8:47 AM, Asusrescuepassword said:

Thanks for the post. I was unable to reset my system date, but I found a workaround and wanted to share for any future viewers. I found that the codes listed in the paste bin above (http://pastebin.com/L3c3rySj) had a pattern. Every month/day combination shares the same last 4 characters. So it's the year that changes the first set of characters, and these characters repeat.

For example:

• At the password prompt, press alt+r
  • Take note of the date displayed. For me it was 2017-05-11
  • Use Ctrl+F to search the paste bin for your month and date. I used "-05-11"
  • Use the codes you find until one of them works. Mine was the same code as 2007-05-11 from the paste bin.
  • It looks like the codes might repeat every 10 years. So I would suggest starting with the month and date combination from 10 years prior to whatever date is displayed after you press alt+r.

Thank you very much, I was checking the page for my date it was not there, till I saw your post.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:31 AM, pango3001 said:

THE STORY:

So a buddy if mine brought me a laptop that he had found from cleaning out an abandon house. Laptop was dirty as hell and looks beat up but still turned on. It was a ASUS model X55A (I think). I thought when he said he needed for me to remove the password he meant it had a password to get into windows. Easy enough. But when he brought it over and turned it on, first thing to pop up was grey text box that said ENTER PASSWORD. Damn this thing has a admin bios password. I had fixed a similar asus computer years ago that had a bios password. I just needed to google the list of recovery codes to remove the password. Jumped onto google found the list and damn again! This list only goes until 2012... It's 2017. Started thinking... 3 options... call asus and try to get a recent recovery password (I hate calling tech support when I am the tech support), google a bit deeper to see if someone cracked the algorithm to the recovery codes, or... open up this laptop to remove the CMOS battery to reset the internal clock. So about 20 minutes later and 3 missing screws later I had the laptop taken apart and back together. Turn it on and press alt+r to bring up the recovery password option and now the date is 1/1/2009. Awesome. Consult the list of recovery codes I found online. Type in the code for that date...and boom password removed. 

LONG STORY SHORT:

If an ASUS computer has a admin bios password at boot.

1) Open computer and remove the button battery on motherboard to reset clock

2) Check the recovery date by pressing alt+r at the ENTER PASSWORD screen.

3) Consult this list for the recovery password  http://pastebin.com/L3c3rySj

4) Enter recovery password at recovery screen.

5) Eat pizza?

This process requires another computer or at least your phone. (I assume you got one because you're reading this)

I know this process sounds simple but I saw tons of people talking about this online and there wasn't a simple guide to solve the problem. If this guide helps one person then mission accomplished.

Thank you, all work. Now I am on part 5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:01 AM, pango3001 said:

THE STORY:

So a buddy if mine brought me a laptop that he had found from cleaning out an abandon house. Laptop was dirty as hell and looks beat up but still turned on. It was a ASUS model X55A (I think). I thought when he said he needed for me to remove the password he meant it had a password to get into windows. Easy enough. But when he brought it over and turned it on, first thing to pop up was grey text box that said ENTER PASSWORD. Damn this thing has a admin bios password. I had fixed a similar asus computer years ago that had a bios password. I just needed to google the list of recovery codes to remove the password. Jumped onto google found the list and damn again! This list only goes until 2012... It's 2017. Started thinking... 3 options... call asus and try to get a recent recovery password (I hate calling tech support when I am the tech support), google a bit deeper to see if someone cracked the algorithm to the recovery codes, or... open up this laptop to remove the CMOS battery to reset the internal clock. So about 20 minutes later and 3 missing screws later I had the laptop taken apart and back together. Turn it on and press alt+r to bring up the recovery password option and now the date is 1/1/2009. Awesome. Consult the list of recovery codes I found online. Type in the code for that date...and boom password removed. 

LONG STORY SHORT:

5) Eat pizza?

This process requires another computer or at least your phone. (I assume you got one because you're reading this)

I know this process sounds simple but I saw tons of people talking about this online and there wasn't a simple guide to solve the problem. If this guide helps one person then mission accomplished.

So guess what, I found a work around for all of this, just check what is date today, then go 10 years or so back, then enter that password, it works. Like for example, if today date is 16-04-2020, check password for 16-04-2010, enter it and it works. Even if date is 16-04-2030, just go back 20 years to 16-04-2010 and it works

I have and Asus FX505GT and I tried using Alt + r and it never shows me the recovery date, it just types r on the password box

On 6/2/2019 at 12:55 PM, Buike said:

Mine is ASUS, All In One Desktop. Model: ET2013I IUTI. The 'ALT +R' Does not seem to be working on it. Can some one help me to unlock the bios password since I don't know how else to get to the date for the recovery password

I have the same problem 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning, greetings from Argentina, I have an asus X541SA, I update the version of the "BIOS" to 307, from that moment only the "BIOS" starts but not from the hard disk, I only see the blue screen with the "BIOS" options "many of them blocked, does not boot from the hard disk the option in the" BIOS "of easy flash is not available. try resetting the "bios" but it has no battery. alt + R option doesn't work. I put a pendrive with linux ubuntu and it starts from the pendrive and I see the hard disk that is, it is not disconnected. try doing a "freedos" to update the "bios" from there but don't recognize "freedos" in this update of the "bios" previous version yes. i need to solve the problem or way to install the above "bios" or solve the problem. It is my computer to study at the university. I don't have money to take it to a repair. Thank you.

• 7 months later...
On 2/28/2017 at 4:31 AM, pango3001 said:

THE STORY:

LONG STORY SHORT:

5) Eat pizza?

I made an account just to thank you for taking the time to post this. I might've never found a solution if it wasn't for you. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

My case is really wierd, tryed the paste bin document, tryed the webpage biosbug.com, tryed another bios page, in short...

the rescue pasword page shows me this day

2012/01/08

Acording with all the pages the code should be: ABDDO10D

Well, doesn't work for me, still says invalid pasword, and i am on a qwerty keyboard...the one on the transformer laptop, and even tryed on a USB keyboard

Is there another kind of code for an specific laptop?

The one i'm trying to unlock is an Asus Transformer T200TA

Update: today is another day, 2012/01/09 and the supposed code is BAAADAAB, and does not work, still says invalid pasword in the rescue password box

There must be another kind of tricky system here, other kind of encryption as the rescue passwords that are over the internet for asus does not work in an Asus Transformer T200TA

• 4 weeks later...

good evening. I need help urgently. bought an asus A541U. Help me please, I need a code to access the bios. help me please.

On 08/01/2021 at 12:34, jpls said:

Fiz um cadastro apenas para agradecer por dedicar seu tempo para postar isso. Eu poderia nunca ter encontrado uma solução se não fosse por você. Obrigado.

ajude-me por favor

On 03/02/2021 at 05:16, Shimazakid said:

Meu caso é muito estranho, tentei colar o documento bin, tentei a página biosbug.com, tentei outra página da bios, em resumo ...

a página de senha de resgate me mostra este dia

08/01/2012

De acordo com todas as páginas o código deve ser: ABDDO10D

Bem, não funciona para mim, ainda diz senha inválida, e estou em um teclado qwerty ... aquele no laptop transformador, e até tentei em um teclado USB

Existe outro tipo de código para um laptop específico?

O que estou tentando desbloquear é um Asus Transformer T200TA

Atualização: hoje é outro dia, 09/01/2012 e o suposto código é BAAADAAB, e não funciona, ainda diz senha inválida na caixa de senha de resgate

Deve haver outro tipo de sistema complicado aqui, outro tipo de criptografia, pois as senhas de resgate que estão na Internet para a asus não funcionam em um Asus Transformer T200TA

ahude-me sff

• 1 month later...

Thank's, it worked for me!

I followed the steps, just realized that the sequence given from the "pastbin" site is in upper case so I set the caps lock was set for my laptop keyboard and tried some sequences and finally worked!

• 2 months later...

HELP!  Have an Asus Q500A-BHI5N01 I'm trying to set up for a kid who needs it for school.  Has bios password, but if I hit alt-r all it does it the cursor starts flashing very fast in password box.  No date shown to look up in pastebin, even after 3 tries (screen just goes black).  Don't know windows password either, and bios is set to not allow boot off usb or cdrom.  Any ideas on how to find date to use in pastebin?  Or what to do?  Much appreciated.

• 7 months later...

My solution if "ALT+R" doesn't work.

First of all thank you to everybody in this forum for your tips.

I had also the problem that ALT+R not worked and my BIOS was up to date. So i thought about a BIOS downgrade.

Another problem - WinFlash does not allow downgrades normally.

Solution: open WinFlash with cmd and parameters

1. open cmd (Win + R then "cmd" enter)

2. type in the following: "C:\path_to_your\WinFlash.exe"/nodate

3. WinFlash opens and you can use older BIOS files

Next Problem: get an old BIOS file

In my case Asus just offers the Bios versions 311 and 313 and both were to new.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG ZEPHYRUS(GX501)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

So i hovered over the download button and right clicked. Then select "copy link address" and copy the link in a new tab.

example: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GX501VSK/GX501VSKAS313.zip

Now before you hit enter manipulate the last numbers in the url. I tried every number from 300 - 313 and i was lucky. I got the following BIOS versions: 306, 307, 309, 311 and 313

Then i flashed the oldest version (306) and hooray now the "ALT+R" worked and i  got the date 2022/1/20 and had to go two times 10 years back in the list and the recovery password worked.

I hope this helps somebody and sorry for my bad english

• 2 months later...

Thank you OP for this wonderful thread. @Asusrescuepassword 🤟 This works like a charm even in 2022. I used this trick for my ASUS Vivibook S510UN, and I was able to access my boot menu with the first trial password itself.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:17 AM, Asusrescuepassword said:

Thanks for the post. I was unable to reset my system date, but I found a workaround and wanted to share for any future viewers. I found that the codes listed in the paste bin above (http://pastebin.com/L3c3rySj) had a pattern. Every month/day combination shares the same last 4 characters. So it's the year that changes the first set of characters, and these characters repeat.

For example:

• At the password prompt, press alt+r
  • Take note of the date displayed. For me it was 2017-05-11
  • Use Ctrl+F to search the paste bin for your month and date. I used "-05-11"
  • Use the codes you find until one of them works. Mine was the same code as 2007-05-11 from the paste bin.
  • It looks like the codes might repeat every 10 years. So I would suggest starting with the month and date combination from 10 years prior to whatever date is displayed after you press alt+r.

• 3 months later...

Pls help anybody out there I have asus e410-b0725 when I click on f2 to enter bios I am asked for password. I have tried almost everything but stuck. I need to reset the bios pls help

• 3 weeks later...

I just created this account to thank the person who took the time out of their day to post this solution. I followed the directions exactly and ironically I got the same date 01/01/2009. Looked up the passcode (which is 1BLDABLA) and BAM! Unlocked BIOS! YIPEE!!!

Usually things are not that smooth for me so...many, many, many thanks for the post. You are my hero today.

I'm not really a tech person. I do however like to play around with computers and figure stuff out. Which is how I ended up with the Asus in the first place. Now if I can just figure out how to bypass the Windows log in password and remove the admin account.

With much gratitude to the poster(my hero) and the platform for making this kind of information possible. I've found other much needed information on Linus before. There are a lot of smart, awesome people that post here who are super cool to share their smarts.

Ok...enough sugary applause from me.

But seriously, THANK YOU!!!!!!

😁👍

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say thank you very much! This was the solution for me! It was a little easier because the older of the two updates on ASUS's website supported Alt+R. So I downloaded then, used the /nodate with WinFlash and it worked perfectly. This was for my GL703VD.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:05 AM, Dante91 said:

My solution if "ALT+R" doesn't work.

First of all thank you to everybody in this forum for your tips.

I had also the problem that ALT+R not worked and my BIOS was up to date. So i thought about a BIOS downgrade.

Another problem - WinFlash does not allow downgrades normally.

Solution: open WinFlash with cmd and parameters

1. open cmd (Win + R then "cmd" enter)

2. type in the following: "C:\path_to_your\WinFlash.exe"/nodate

3. WinFlash opens and you can use older BIOS files

Next Problem: get an old BIOS file

In my case Asus just offers the Bios versions 311 and 313 and both were to new.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG ZEPHYRUS(GX501)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

So i hovered over the download button and right clicked. Then select "copy link address" and copy the link in a new tab.

example: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GX501VSK/GX501VSKAS313.zip

Now before you hit enter manipulate the last numbers in the url. I tried every number from 300 - 313 and i was lucky. I got the following BIOS versions: 306, 307, 309, 311 and 313

Then i flashed the oldest version (306) and hooray now the "ALT+R" worked and i  got the date 2022/1/20 and had to go two times 10 years back in the list and the recovery password worked.

I hope this helps somebody and sorry for my bad english