Intel Box Fan Vs Other CPU Cooling Fans

PRATAP

Dear Experts

What are the differences between Intel Box Fans & Other CPU Cooling Fans? Why are they required?

I have used i3-i7 K series in HTPC's, i did not find any difficulty with Intel BOX fans.. of course my usage is only for Browsing, YouTube Videos & Skype

So when are the Other CPU Cooling Fans Require?

4 minutes ago, PRATAP KUMAR PANABAKA said:

Dear Experts

What are the differences between Intel Box Fans & Other CPU Cooling Fans? Why are they required?

I have used i3-i7 K series in HTPC's, i did not find any difficulty with Intel BOX fans.. of course my usage is only for Browsing, YouTube Videos & Skype

So when are the Other CPU Cooling Fans Require?

When you feel that the Intel Box Fan is not enough to cool it, then the other CPU Cooling Fans will come in after that.

More details information would be if you want to OC your CPU to higher clock speed by injecting more voltage into it which will result in higher temps and those temps will be beyond the likes of included Intel fan to handle.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Coolers are required to prevent the cpu from overheating and throttling or shutting down. 

Aftermarket coolers are usually for better cooling, lower noise, or aesthetics. 

When overclocking, using more voltage can result in more heat and require better cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You don't need anything special for aftermarket coolers. Most come with all parts included. Heatsink, fan, mounting and even small tube of thermal paste or some pre-applied.

For most cases stock coolers are just fine. I've seen pics from systems where stock cooler on i7 with some heavier software running (3D modelling, video editing etc.), stock can't quite keep up. Not to dangerous levels, but bit toasty. For i3 and i5 stock is just fine. Some CPUs can even do 100-300Mhz OC with stock cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Other fans are for people who like spending money. Intel fans can run for a good length of time before the bearings get noisy. Cooling fan is something I put at the end of the shopping list.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

26 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You don't need anything special for aftermarket coolers. Most come with all parts included. Heatsink, fan, mounting and even small tube of thermal paste or some pre-applied.

For most cases stock coolers are just fine. I've seen pics from systems where stock cooler on i7 with some heavier software running (3D modelling, video editing etc.), stock can't quite keep up. Not to dangerous levels, but bit toasty. For i3 and i5 stock is just fine. Some CPUs can even do 100-300Mhz OC with stock cooler.

Yea that's what Iv seen. Its when you go quad core and above you get thermal throttling and noise

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_