New PC Build

jetstrike

Budget $2500 to $3000
Aim is to build a strong gaming computer with with a minimum of 32gb for a piece of software that I cannot comment on at this time.

Monitors 2 Ultrawide 3440 x 1440 Monitors which are not a part of my budget.

I don't need peripherals or windows.
Here is the newegg list I have so far.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24609629

One of my smarter friends mentioned my ram might be slow and now I just want someone to take a look at the build to see any areas I could improve.

7 minutes ago, jetstrike said:

Budget $2500 to $3000
Aim is to build a strong gaming computer with with a minimum of 32gb for a piece of software that I cannot comment on at this time.

Monitors 2 Ultrawide 3440 x 1440 Monitors which are not a part of my budget.

I don't need peripherals or windows.
Here is the newegg list I have so far.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24609629

One of my smarter friends mentioned my ram might be slow and now I just want someone to take a look at the build to see any areas I could improve.

wait for ryzen benchmarks on march 2nd

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Actually, 3200Mhz RAM is pretty fast..... no bottlenecking will happen there.

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

Do you plan to use this build just for gaming or some content creation as well?

CPU: Ryzen 5600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360MM AIO | Motherboard: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | RAM: 16GB 3600MHz (2x8) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  | GPU: ASUS TUF 4070 Ti  | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | PSU: NZXT C650 | SSD: 1TB 970 Evo, 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro | HDD: 4TB Seagate BarraCuda, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, | OS: Win 11 Home | Monitor: LG CX OLED 55"

Current Laptop - Busted Razer Blade 14" 2015

Consoles - Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 and Xbox 360

VR - Oculus Quest 2

Primarily gaming but I want to be able to do video audio editing in a pinch at home.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mC8Fpb

That's what I was able to come up with.

CPU: Ryzen 5600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360MM AIO | Motherboard: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | RAM: 16GB 3600MHz (2x8) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  | GPU: ASUS TUF 4070 Ti  | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | PSU: NZXT C650 | SSD: 1TB 970 Evo, 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro | HDD: 4TB Seagate BarraCuda, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, | OS: Win 11 Home | Monitor: LG CX OLED 55"

VR - Oculus Quest 2

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DVBgKZ

Since your budget is pretty big I went over to the X99 platform. You'll have 2 more cores, 12 more PCIe lanes and an extra 1080.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3dryZ8

I also did a Ryzen build with the 1700X. Its a lil cheaper than the X99 platform and Ryzen seems to be abit better than Intel's X99 platform. But I'd wait to see the reviews on Ryzen when the embargo lifts in a few days.

Also since the 1080Ti looks to be announced on Tuesday at GDC. I'd recommend waiting to see if it might be worth picking up one of those or even AMD's VEGA lineup which is speculated to be announced at GDC as well.

VR - Oculus Quest 2

I didn't realize there were so many big announcements in march. Seems like a lot is coming out.

8 hours ago, jetstrike said:

Jeez looks like I am get 1080ti

Wait for an aftermarket version though if you go with a 1080 ti.

Just now, jetstrike said:

Why would I want an aftermarket one?

They have better cooling which means it won't throttle like the Founders Edition (Assuming it is the same as the GTX 1080 before).