What do you recommend for a large (7 foot+ length) desk?

shibbs

Just curious what to do for a large desk. I'd like 7 feet long, with at least 30" depth.

Wife and I just bought a house, and I finally have my own cave! It's a 20x14 room, and I want a nice long desk that doesn't look like a picnic table. ...I may or may not currently be using a picnic table. Don't judge.

I've been told to look for a Galant/Bekant system, but I'd rather have a single seamless surface. Plus, the Bekant isn't nearly what the Galant was, since I dislike rounded corners.

What do you use/recommend?

here's an idea

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I'd say a bit of cut to size wood from a hardware store (Home Depot/B&Q type thing) and some desk legs from IKEA. May want to coat/paint the wood to protect it.

8 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

here

I actually like that enough, but I worry about sag in the middle. Also it's a bit shallow at less than 26". I've actually considered picking up a solid top from a kitchen table and then attaching some of the Bekant sit/stand legs on it with some bracing underneath to prevent sag. Not sure what the weight capacity on the sit/stand legs are, though.