so we are going to SAY GOODBYE TO INTEL ?

AMD’s $499 Ryzen 7 1800X Beats $1700 i7 6950X

-http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-overclocking-performance/

yes will miss intel

but for 500 $ I will have 6950x amd version

I'm so excited

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

I think a lot of people will be switching to Ryzen. Me included once I decide to upgrade. The price points alone make it worthwhile.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

In nz the prices are not as impressive, I was quite disappointed after calculating the import duties. I think you can say goodbye to locked overclocking on the mid to high end range

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

I'm so excited

You and I both, Also going to be building a 1800x system soon to replace an i7 3770, I got crucified not long ago for saying that in every way the 1800x is superior to the 6950x due to its performance being so close at the same time costing less than half, we will be able to build the 1800x full system for the price of a single 6900k.

I wish I had this link to show before, because this guy simply wouldn't quit making the most drama ever because the "6950x" was still a superior CPU, well no any more as it seems...

“It seems ironic yes, but with an auto-overclock the 1800X has no competition. Not even Intel’s 10 core 6950X can keep up with it.”  this is music to my ears.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

People need to calm down with the hype, because once reality hits it could potentially get nasty.

Wait for the bloody benchmarks. It's less than a week to go.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

You and I both, Also going to be building a 1800x system soon to replace an i7 3770, I got crucified not long ago for saying that in every way the 1800x is superior to the 6950x due to its performance being so close at the same time costing less than half, we will be able to build the 1800x full system for the price of a single 6900k.

I wish I had this link to show before, because this guy simply wouldn't quit making the most drama ever because the "6950x" was still a superior CPU, well no any more as it seems...

“It seems ironic yes, but with an auto-overclock the 1800X has no competition. Not even Intel’s 10 core 6950X can keep up with it.”  this is music to my ears.

I have to ask the age of amd haters. Anyone who remembers the last 15 - 20 years knows how much both companies bring competition to the x86 market. Maybe in a few years apple, Samsung, and nvidia will produce products that turn these bipolar flame wars into a pentagonal orgy

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

8 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Maybe in a few years apple, Samsung, and nvidia will produce products that turn these bipolar flame wars into a pentagonal orgy

Are you suggesting that intel is going to licence X86 to other companies other than AMD (and VIA I think) while AMD is going to licence X86-64 to others and not just Intel (and VIA, I think)?

That would be incredibly stupid for them to do that as although Intel has the bigger market share compared to AMD, they are still the only people (and VIA I think) who are allowed to use X86 and X86-64 as they are the respective "owners" for dem patents and what not where they technically have a "monopoly" in the X86 market segment :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I am not sure how relevant the x86 market will be though.  If mobile devices, cloud servers and super computing is the future, from a computing standpoint, RISC will probably gain traction, if the market supports it. 

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

People need to calm down with the hype, because once reality hits it could potentially get nasty.

Wait for the bloody benchmarks. It's less than a week to go.

Benchmarks covered in intels blood. I hope someone can properly explain and test the new features of zen architecture. I can't seem to find anything decent explaining their new branch prediction but I guess amd will shoot anyone with that knowledge 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Intel's not dumb. They're gonna lower prices to compete. They aren't dumb enough to go, "Hurr durr AMD is beating us for half the price but we'll just let them keep beating us and potentially bankrupt us instead of lowering prices! Hurr durr."

And also, the 1800x only beats the 6900k in multi threaded tasks, but is still weaker than the 6950x, though this is expected.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Benchmarks covered in intels blood. I hope someone can properly explain and test the new features of zen architecture. I can't seem to find anything decent explaining their new branch prediction but I guess amd will shoot anyone with that knowledge 

Actually...

http://www.linleygroup.com/mpr/article.php?id=11666

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Intel's not dumb. They're gonna lower prices to compete. They aren't dumb enough to go, "Hurr durr AMD is beating us for half the price but we'll just let them keep beating us and potentially bankrupt us instead of lowering prices! Hurr durr."

And also, the 1800x only beats the 6900k in multi threaded tasks, but is still weaker than the 6950x, though this is expected.

yeah ill belive that when the 6900k is lower priced than the 1800x

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

yeah ill belive that when the 6900k is lower priced than the 1800x

They haven't lowered prices yet cuz Ryzen hasn't even launched. So you seriously think Intel is just going to sit there going, "Hurr durr Hurr durr AMD's beating us at half the price and less than 10% behind for 200% lower in price but we can definitely pull this off right guys Hurr durr Hurr durr."

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Are you suggesting that intel is going to licence X86 to other companies other than AMD (and VIA I think) while AMD is going to licence X86-64 to others and not just Intel (and VIA, I think)?

That would be incredibly stupid for them to do that as although Intel has the bigger market share compared to AMD, they are still the only people (and VIA I think) who are allowed to use X86 and X86-64 as they are the respective "owners" for dem patents and what not where they technically have a "monopoly" in the X86 market segment :P 

No I'm suggesting arm chips could compete with intel. apple are investing in their iPad chips and Samsung /chrome books are going to put a dent in the laptop market. Google is working on I think it's called fuscia; it's some sort of incestual relationship between android and chrome book. the app SDK and market place exists to topple the windows and x86 domination, the power consumption and price are in their favour. they are only missing that high end workstation performance

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, DocSwag said:

They haven't lowered prices yet cuz Ryzen hasn't even launched. So you seriously think Intel is just going to sit there going, "Hurr durr Hurr durr AMD's beating us at half the price and less than 10% behind for 200% lower in price but we can definitely pull this off right guys Hurr durr Hurr durr."

where did i say i belived intel????

i said ill belive it when intel effectively give significant prices cuts the the 6900k not something like £100 which is nothing really

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Is not like they are totally unaware, they know about ryzen and theyll do something about it or maybe there are so many Intel fanboys that they dont have to do nothing at all lol

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

where did i say i belived intel????

i said ill belive it when intel effectively give significant prices cuts the the 6900k not something like £100 which is nothing really

So basically you kinda doubt Intel will cut prices.

I highly disagree with that but we can agree to disagree :) 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

No I'm suggesting arm chips could compete with intel. apple are investing in their iPad chips and Samsung /chrome books are going to put a dent in the laptop market. Google is working on I think it's called fuscia; it's some sort of incestual relationship between android and chrome book. the app SDK and market place exists to topple the windows and x86 domination, the power consumption and price are in their favour. they are only missing that high end workstation performance

Fair enough however ARM really isn't that great of an arch for desktop based tasks...(as you've said) where I doubt we really want to be going one step back in terms of performance. 

Power consumption isn't really in their favour either as although x86 chips consume more power, they also perform a hella better where X86 tablet chips at the same TDP as ARM tablet chips perform more or less the same in benchies :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

11 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Benchmarks covered in intels blood.

...and there is the hype I was talking about. I swear, I'm probably part of the 25% of people who remain skeptical until the actual release.

Nothing is fact until the benchmarks from third-party reviewers are published.

I hope someone can properly explain and test the new features of zen architecture. I can't seem to find anything decent explaining their new branch prediction but I guess amd will shoot anyone with that knowledge 

There are plenty of articles about their new brand prediction, aren't there? AMD hasn't exactly been shy when it comes to showcasing the specifics of the Ryzen microarchitecture and I doubt it's under NDA.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

16 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

Just hope no Ryzen will be able to compete with my 6850k

:)

Ryzen 1800x compares to 6900k and 6950x it will destroy you measly CPU >:(

1700x is more on your level

19 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Right now in my opinion the Broadwell-E is a no go, Ryzen can give you enough for a greater pricing and even if Intel lower the prices of it Ryzen is newer and all... Intel might come to the market with Kaby-Lake-E with more realistic pricing to keep as the best pick in the market because honestly the 6950x is so overpriced that I would feel bad getting it even if I had the means to afford it... I think that people would be doing the market a favour by picking the 1800x over the 6900k 6950x right now to force this competition and by end result Intel getting smart again.

Like there are a little things I really appreciated was they making such nice stock coolers, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me that Intel's flagship CPU the 7700 came with the same old crappy and ugly stock cooler of always, would it hurt at very least try making a nicer cooler even if only as a marketing thing.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)