I/O Ports on Intel NUC acting as I/O ports of a Proxmox VM

Go to solution Solved by tt2468,
53 minutes ago, VE5LPL said:
So I was thinking about setting up some Intel NUCs (or any other Microcomputer) that would have a like Arch Linux set up where when you wake it up it shows up with a menu with VMs and real machines. So my problem when a family member would want to do some stuff on Windows 7 for making a photo book or whatever, they could open up their VM and Iit would be seamless for them. How would I add the capability to have USB ports on the NUC act like they were physically attached to the VM(i.e when she plugs in a usb into the NUC it automatically shows up on the VM) or any other I/O for that matter?

I have/will have the follwing
Dell Poweredge 2950 running Proxmox , with Intel NUC Clients running Arch Linux.

Virtualhere is pretty good. Not sure if it has a linux client or not though.

So I was thinking about setting up some Intel NUCs (or any other Microcomputer) that would have a like Arch Linux set up where when you wake it up it shows up with a menu with VMs and real machines. So my problem when a family member would want to do some stuff on Windows 7 for making a photo book or whatever, they could open up their VM and Iit would be seamless for them. How would I add the capability to have USB ports on the NUC act like they were physically attached to the VM(i.e when she plugs in a usb into the NUC it automatically shows up on the VM) or any other I/O for that matter?

Dell Poweredge 2950 running Proxmox , with Intel NUC Clients running Arch Linux.

Running Arch Linux on a Pentium from before you were born with 256MB Ram as a 2M Repeater Controller be like

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Yea!

53 minutes ago, VE5LPL said:

My native language is C++

3 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

"The VirtualHere USB Client runs on Windows, OSX and Linux." -VirtualHere

Thanks very much tt2468

Running Arch Linux on a Pentium from before you were born with 256MB Ram as a 2M Repeater Controller be like

Just now, VE5LPL said:

"The VirtualHere USB Client runs on Windows, OSX and Linux." -VirtualHere

Thanks very much tt2468

np. So you would run the client on the nuc, then run the server on each vm.

My native language is C++

1 minute ago, tt2468 said:

np. So you would run the client on the nuc, then run the server on each vm.

Yeah I got that, I was also planning on implementing the system for physical machines that (will) be in my rack, however how would I get it receive the command to connect to the server, would it just be a simple bash script (which I have done.) or something else... Anyway I would like to put this discussion on hold till I get a client computer working.