Fast Booting

PRATAP

Dear Experts!

I was confused with NVMe or 2.5" SSD

in order to get fast booting.. where should i install OS? if i have both NVMe and 2.5" SSD in my PC

NVMe is just a communication standard and 2.5" is a form factor. You can have 2.5" NVMe SSDs. (just so you're aware). 

You should install the OS on the NVMe drive, assuming your PC supports booting from an NVMe drive. 

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

NVMe is just a communication standard and 2.5" is a form factor. You can have 2.5" NVMe SSDs. (just so you're aware). 

You should install the OS on the NVMe drive, assuming your PC supports booting from an NVMe drive. 

That's a waste of money.  NVMe drives have lightning fast sequential read and write speeds, but their random 4K read speeds (which is what matters for the OS, as well as most programs) is barely any faster than traditional SATA ones. Unless you're constantly handling large files, there's no real benefit to having an NVMe drive. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

@PRATAP KUMAR PANABAKA This has some of the fastest 4K read speeds, and it's relatively inexpensive. It's perfect for a boot drive, and had enough spare space to put some of your most used programs (such as a browser). 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440