CNET coming up with fakeproblem for the switch

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Fake problem?

I actually don't even understand the point they're trying to make. That the kickstand doesn't have enough resistance? Sounds plausible enough

....watch the video, my laptop also has a problem with resistance because it falls over when i drop it.  

3 minutes ago, Robots (2005) said:

welcome to america, where if there is no real problem you make a problem 

And where you can sue and win with no actual evidence

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Man those dislikes tho

dgdfdfgdfg.png

yea most people can tell its BS. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yea most people can tell its BS. 

you can just tell they looked at the switch, and thought how can i make a quick few bucks nice and easily. And this bs is what they came up with it

21 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Fake problem?

I actually don't even understand the point they're trying to make. That the kickstand doesn't have enough resistance? Sounds plausible enough

I wouldn't say it's fake.  It's impossible to be sure without looking at it myself but it's entirely possible that the kickstand could be bad.

I had to comment on the video, but it's so cringe-worthy that even attempting to knock it over, resulted in the Switch withstanding some of it. All around, just dumb.

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I don't understand the need to make a fake problem, there's already enough to poke fun at that might actually be an issue or disappointment or other dumb shit that was done. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

I don't understand the need to make a fake problem, there's already enough to poke fun at that might actually be an issue or disappointment or other dumb shit that was done. 

what is to make fun of? 

what is to make fun of? 

Prap screen, potentially iffy performance when not docked, potentially bad battery life when playing on the go, cost, cost again, the accessories are kinda dear if pricing is to believed, the little joycons, they not exactly super comfortable looking, the cost of the games seems rather absurd for what they are, The entire idea of cannibalising DS sales and WiiU into one pool, that could pottentially stagenat, since the launch lineup, while a bit stronger now, is still rather underwhelming. 

Yours faithfully

6 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Prap screen, potentially iffy performance when not docked, potentially bad battery life when playing on the go, cost, cost again, the accessories are kinda dear if pricing is to believed, the little joycons, they not exactly super comfortable looking, the cost of the games seems rather absurd for what they are, The entire idea of cannibalising DS sales and WiiU into one pool, that could pottentially stagenat, since the launch lineup, while a bit stronger now, is still rather underwhelming. 

give me a break your joking right? 

- good screen we don't need 4k in a 6-inch screen for gaming

- its the most powerful- handheld to date 

-pricing is good, Zelda bundle is worth getting 

-joycons are awsome i used them  (looking what a joke use them than have an opinion)

- Wii u was not successful so what 

the launch is awesome, its not a bad device and an excellent handheld, no offence mate you can't expect a supercomputer for the price, all things considered its an excellent device. 720p 60fps or 900p 30fps or 60fps for most games is enough for me. the ds and the switch are in a completely different playing field, not really comparable. i hope the switch is successful. 

It's hard to tell from the video. However, I think the point they're trying to make is that the kickstand only has one angle and falls over easily. It would be nice to have multiple options for angles, and being able to push it over easily isn't a good thing.

I'm not gonna make a verdict on whether this is real or fake, but I'll wait until some reviews start popping up to see if it falls over easily for them too. I think that if you accidentally bump the console it should stay up so you can quickly move it back to where it should be.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

-joycons are awsome i used them(looking what a joke)

the launch is awesome, its not a bad device and an excellent handheld, no offence mate you can't expect a supercomputer for the price, all things considered its an excellent device. 720p 60fps or 900p 30fps or 60fps for most games is enough for me. the ds and the switch are in a completely different playing field, not really comparable. i hope the switch is successful. 

I assume your're* a fanboy right?

-Sure you don't need 2160p, but 720p is 2013 era, and the screen is 6.2", which is also pretty pathetic for a "tablet"
-Sure it's a little stronger, but it's castrated when not docked, but 900p @ 30 fps, for those graphics, isn't much to write home about
-Pricing is not good, €500+ for a decent set up, with a couple games and enough controllers for more than 1 person, is in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 territory.
-You can say that again about the WiiU sales lol

The launch, to someone not blinded by fanboy-ism, or nostalgia, is what is looking like Nintendo's slow exit from making consoles in general, and moving much more into software, since they're making more Money from Pokemon than the WiiU made them. 

The Question of it being successful, investors aren't so convinced, some tech sites aren't either, I'm observing, I have no real interest or reason to be a near a switch other than to laugh if it flops or clap if it flies, right now, it doesn't look so good, but it's getting better. There is tons of money to be made in the mobile gaming industry, you won't capture it by making what is like an android* tablet with a proprietary app market and games library, that costs apparently $70 or there about, the anti consumerism alone would put more savvi shoppers off. 

*Switch doesn't run android, that was just a euphemism.

Yours faithfully

18 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

The screen is very good for a handheld and certainly better than the screens in 3DS and Wii U gamepad.  The battery while not all day long isn't bad from what I've heard and assuming it can be charged with a battery pack like what Anker makes then it's 100% a non-issue.  They aren't getting rid of the 3DS so again not an issue.  Launch titles usually include only a few if any AAA offerings so don't whine about the available games just yet.  Last, the pricing is not different than Xbox One or PS4 games so not absurd at all.   

12 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-joycons are awsome i used them  (looking what a joke use them than have an opinion)

What Zelda bundle are you referring to?    I didn't know there was one.  

I assume your're* a fanboy right?

-Sure you don't need 2160p, but 720p is 2013 era, and the screen is 6.2", which is also pretty pathetic for a "tablet"
-Sure it's a little stronger, but it's castrated when not docked, but 900p @ 30 fps, for those graphics, isn't much to write home about
-Pricing is not good, €500+ for a decent set up, with a couple games and enough controllers for more than 1 person, is in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 territory.
-You can say that again about the WiiU sales lol

The launch, to someone not blinded by fanboy-ism, or nostalgia, is what is looking like Nintendo's slow exit from making consoles in general, and moving much more into software, since they're making more Money from Pokemon than the WiiU made them. 

The Question of it being successful, investors aren't so convinced, some tech sites aren't either, I'm observing, I have no real interest or reason to be a near a switch other than to laugh if it flops or clap if it flies, right now, it doesn't look so good, but it's getting better. There is tons of money to be made in the mobile gaming industry, you won't capture it by making what is like an android* tablet with a proprietary app market and games library, that costs apparently $70 or there about, the anti consumerism alone would put more savvi shoppers off. 

*Switch doesn't run android, that was just a euphemism.

-your dollar value sucks get over it

-720p 6 inch is perfect if you can have good games for it, i am assuming you don't understand chips and resolution. i am wondering why my laptop doesn't have 8k, or right battery and i can't run games at 8k with a mobile chip. 

-wii u sales are not good so get over it, i am not a wii u fan.

android tablets are dying as Chromebooks can run android apps. 

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

The screen is very good for a handheld and certainly better than the screens in 3DS and Wii U gamepad.  The battery while not all day long isn't bad from what I've heard and assuming it can be charged with a battery pack like what Anker makes then it's 100% a non-issue.  They aren't getting rid of the 3DS so again not an issue.  Launch titles usually include only a few if any AAA offerings so don't whine about the available games just yet.  Last, the pricing is not different than Xbox One or PS4 games so not absurd at all.   

What Zelda bundle are you referring to?    I didn't know there was one.  

yup there is a Zelda bundle, the main reason i am getting it is for Zelda, smash and other first party games for multiplayer LAN. 

screen is a good choice, i rather have 720 with good framerate than a game that can barely run 1080p.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The pricing in in line but the games aren't, no way. Most of Nintendo's core demographic are either kids or 30 year old's who like Nintendo (a rememnent of when they ruled console town), for which these games are too expensive for kids, and their parents will no doubt be less than happy to buy, and adults who could spend the same on a game with more depth (given how shit and shallow AAA games are I almost gagged as I typed that), so that raises serious qeustions about the viability of the console, the games aren't at the same technical level as the pisspoor and the Xbone. 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-your dollar value sucks get over it

-720p 6 inch is perfect if you can have good games for it, i am assuming you don't understand chips and resolution. i am wondering why my laptop doesn't have 8k, or right battery and i can't run games at 8k with a mobile chip. 

-wii u sales are not good so get over it, i am not a wii u fan.

android tablets are dying as Chromebooks can run android apps. 

I don't use dollars, I use Euro, and €1 = $1.38 CAN, so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
You don't need 4320p for a laptop, but 1080p would have made a lot more sense, 720p on a 6.2" screen will be noticeable. My phone from 2014 has a 5.7" 1440p screen, it isn't hard. I know a lot about chip architecture and PCB design, and if they had of made it an 8" tablet, they could have more battery and more heatsink area, meaning better performance. 
If you compare a phone with a 1080p screen, and 720p, you can see a difference. I compared my phones when I switched (lol) from a 720p to a 1080p in late 2013, and yes, there was a difference, even at 5". 

Yours faithfully

The pricing in in line but the games aren't, no way. Most of Nintendo's core demographic are either kids or 30 year old's who like Nintendo (a rememnent of when they ruled console town), for which these games are too expensive for kids, and their parents will no doubt be less than happy to buy, and adults who could spend the same on a game with more depth (given how shit and shallow AAA games are I almost gagged as I typed that), so that raises serious qeustions about the viability of the console, the games aren't at the same technical level as the pisspoor and the Xbone. 

no one buys zelda, smash or any first party Nintendo games for gfx,  games in the switch like Skyrim should run well in 720p. games are gonna sell if they make good games, the reason for buying Zelda because of story and attention to detail. if bf4 and Crysis 3 has switch gfx they wouldn't sell.

20 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup there is a Zelda bundle, the main reason i am getting it is for Zelda, smash and other first party games for multiplayer LAN. 

screen is a good choice, i rather have 720 with good framerate than a game that can barely run 1080p.  

Is it a Zelda branded console or just includes the game?

I'm looking forward to Skyrim, Disgaea, and I forget what if anything else.   

18 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

$60 USD for Zelda for example is identical to a new release PS4 or Xbox One.  Which is the same price PS3 and Xbox 360 games used to sell for.  So again you're wrong.

You're one of those jerk variety of PCMR people or butthurt about consoles for some other reason but it's clear your biased against consoles in general.  

Worse, you're too interested in whining about your made up Switch problems to care about what really matters: are people going to have fun using it.

With awesome games like Zelda and Skyrim already coming and more on the way there's plenty to make it worth getting and more than enough fun to be had.  

If all you want to do is complain then go bug Reddit and add to its internet cancer.

I don't use dollars, I use Euro, and €1 = $1.38 CAN, so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
You don't need 4320p for a laptop, but 1080p would have made a lot more sense, 720p on a 6.2" screen will be noticeable. My phone from 2014 has a 5.7" 1440p screen, it isn't hard. I know a lot about chip architecture and PCB design, and if they had of made it an 8" tablet, they could have more battery and more heatsink area, meaning better performance. 
If you compare a phone with a 1080p screen, and 720p, you can see a difference. I compared my phones when I switched (lol) from a 720p to a 1080p in late 2013, and yes, there was a difference, even at 5". 

Glass house? what a joke we still have free healthcare here , I travel to US occasionally for my job. my MacBook has 2880 by 1800 and has a 8 hour battery life, i don't need 2-hour battery life with a  mediocre 4k panel. shoving too much battery without breathing room seems safe right?

the performance is fine for everything. i also know lots about design because i am a mechanical engineer. 

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is it a Zelda branded console or just includes the game?

I'm looking forward to Skyrim, Disgaea, and I forget what if anything else.   

$60 USD for Zelda for example is identical to a new release PS4 or Xbox One.  Which is the same price PS3 and Xbox 360 games used to sell for.  So again you're wrong.

You're one of those jerk variety of PCMR people or butthurt about consoles for some other reason but it's clear your biased against consoles in general.  

Worse, you're more interested in whining about your made up Switch problems to care about what really matters: are people going to have fun using it.

With awesome games like Zelda and Skyrim already coming and more on the way there's plenty to make it worth getting and more than enough fun to be had.  

If all you want to do is complain then go bug Reddit and add to its internet cancer.

elitism pisses me off, an ugly "gaming" laptop with shitty screen and 2 hour of battery life that thermal throttling sounds like a dream for some people. i got a switch and legend of Zelda skin deal with the game on amazon for a percentage off, it was sold my Nintendo.