BF4 March 26th Unveiling.

GPUXPert

BF4 is currently rumored to be revealed during the EA press event in March the 26th, now this isn't the exciting news.

The exciting news is that AMD just tweeted these two teasers .

"What do GPU compute performance and the latest DirectX 11 games have in common? Find out soon!"

"Today’s lucky number is “8.†Are you ready? Do you have any guesses?"

AMD has been working very closely with EA on Crysis 3 for AMD CPU & GPU optimizations as well as advanced SMAA anti aliasing which utilizes AMD's advanced MLAA technology along with high quality alpha to coverage HDAO settings and a bunch of other goodies including AMD CPU optimizations.

There is no doubt that AMD has also been working with the developers on Battlefield 4 , and the teasers sent out today by AMD indicate native 8 core support along with high compute utilization for things like particle physics and destructible objects.

Stay tuned, AMD 7000 series owners are up for a hell of a ride.

Can't wait!

PC Spec/ Peripherals: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (OC @ 3.8GHz) - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Heatsink - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB 240-Pin - Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950 3GB - Western Digital 1TB HDD (Caviar Black) - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CoolerMaster Storm Scout Case - Razer Naga Gaming mouse - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard

Sounds great :)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

With the announcement of micro-transactions and the huge DRM fiasco that happened with SimCity I'll just be staying on BF3 and not buying BF4 unless it's THAT amazing

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Nice! Need something to stress my new toy!

CPU:i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz | GPU: 2 x GTX 980's | Mobo: Asus Maximum Hero VII | RAM: 16GB's ARES GSkill @ 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair AXI 760W | OS: Win 8.1 Professional 64-bit | Monitor: 27" 1440p IPS panel | Heatsink: H100i

now if only amd chipsets supported pcie 3.0 and they fixed that darn ipc issue.
Gotta love AMD's logic. "We were the first to release 28nm GPU's and PCI-E3.0 GPU's, yet our other AMD Hardware do not support it!"

I'm not hating on AMD. They are good if your going on a budget.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Having PCIe 3.0 doesn't really matter, no cards out there are bottlenecked by PCIe 2.0

Even though I only have a quad core, I really hope that games start to take advantage of more cores. I plan on upgrading my processor in a year or two so it would be nice to get a processor with 8 (or more...?) cores to really step up the game in terms of enemy AI, physics, and other fun stuff like that. I suppose we'll just have to see how well developers take advantage of using more cores or if there will only be a few select games that use more than 4 cores.

*cough only quad-core? Man you guys are lucky, I've been stuck with single core celeron and atom laptops for my entire life!

Wow...sounds awesome! Great day to be an AMD owner! :)

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Track record suggests that BF4 will not be an AMD Gaming Evolved title or whatever its called, just like we saw with BF3 and BFBC2, DICE will work with both AMD and NVIDIA very closely to get the most out of BF4 and their cards.

Here we go, another FPS franchise hits the assembly-line model. Get ready for a new Battlefield every 2-3 years like CoD.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Here we go' date=' another FPS franchise hits the assembly-line model. Get ready for a new Battlefield every 2-3 years like CoD.[/quote']

After the resignation of EA's CEO, I'm not so sure this trend will continue, people have had enough of these huge publishers pumping out mediocre games.

If this trend continues, people will just end up spending their money on Kickstarter game projects.

That's bad for big publishers like EA & they know it. All I'm trying to say is that I'm hopeful .

Sweet! Can't wait! Hope they will integrate Nvidia Physx.
You want AMD to integrate a competitor's proprietary physics engine in their supported game? -_- After they stated exciting news concerning GPU Compute ? -_- Which is what they use for their own physics simulations? "FACEPALM"

cant wait for this, by the time this comes out ill be upgrading to the new haswell processors and getting another 7950 to run in crossfire. Will be beastly

I think we're being a little hasty with what we can squeeze out of our current gen cards. I'll be waiting for a newer series before I get excited.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Sounds great! Nice to see that games are starting to natively support up to 8 cores!!

Sweet! Can't wait! Hope they will integrate Nvidia Physx.
oops sry didn't read the thread above...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

*cough only quad-core? Man you guys are lucky, I've been stuck with single core celeron and atom laptops for my entire life!
Sorry, I meant "only" in the sense that I wouldn't get any benefit from having the game threaded for more than 4 cores. I didn't quite mean for my post to seem so pretentious.

Here we go' date=' another FPS franchise hits the assembly-line model. Get ready for a new Battlefield every 2-3 years like CoD.[/quote']

Cod (Children's Online Daycare) shits out a game every year. Hence why their games suck so much. 2-3 years is a lot of development time compared to cod. As much as I hate EA and they're known to fuck things up, I know that BF4 will at least be enjoyable, and the BF series will never droop below cod.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Here we go' date=' another FPS franchise hits the assembly-line model. Get ready for a new Battlefield every 2-3 years like CoD.[/quote'] Cod (Children's Online Daycare) shits out a game every year. Hence why their games suck so much. 2-3 years is a lot of development time compared to cod. As much as I hate EA and they're known to fuck things up, I know that BF4 will at least be enjoyable, and the BF series will never droop below cod.

There were two separate developers for CoD Infiniti Ward (or what's left of it) & Treyarch, so they actually had 2 years to develop each game, which is no where near enough to make a great game, and that's why their single player campaigns were so short & their multiplayer experiences were almost the same.

Cod (Children's Online Daycare) shits out a game every year. Hence why their games suck so much. 2-3 years is a lot of development time compared to cod. As much as I hate EA and they're known to fuck things up, I know that BF4 will at least be enjoyable, and the BF series will never droop below cod.

Not really defending CoD, but you got something wrong. The games are developed on an engine that has been around for a long time. Also, they alternate studios so each studio as ~2 years to develop a game.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

PCIe 3.0 helps in XFire/SLI

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers