What Monitor to buy?

ElectroGamez
Go to solution Solved by Sack,
8 hours ago, JPotze said:

zoals al verteld, ga IPS. een snelle refresh rate heb je niks aan als je geen snelle beeldwisselingen nodig hebt (zoals bij een 360 noscope move :P )

IPS is baas met zijn kleurechtheid en invalshoek.

Not trying to be down on the Dutch man, but keep it english on posts, and go nuts with the Dutch in PMs instead :)

Yeah I hate screeen tearing as well, but like you said, them g-sync monitors are expensive. Personally I'm on a shitty BenQ screen saving up for the day when the 144Hz, IPS, 1440p g-sync monitors become a little bit more affordable. Don't know what you mean by work well, but if you're worried about them ahving different resolutions then don't be worried, that will work just fine in my experience. A 970 should be able to run a 1440p screen, but you should know that you might have to turn down the details, it really depends what graphical goals you expect.

tl;dr get an IPS screen whether it's 1080 or 1440

Hey,

Im a new to this forum. but have a question.

I have a buget of around €0,- - €300,-

Im a basic gamer (not realy into FPS shooters.) and do some video making. (NOT prof! just some basic stuff)

I was wondering what monitor to buy? (Like go for 144Hz or a IPS pannel.)

If any more info is needed, tell me.

-Wouter

(Sorry for my bad english, Im from the Netherlands)

[PC Specs]

I5-4690K 3.5 GHz

MSI GTX 970 OC

16 GB DDR3

Since you said you don't play FPS a high refresh monitor is then useless for you, you'd be much better off with an IPS monitor, and depending on whatever else you may do maybe even 1440p. Some computer specs would be nice, and welcome to the forum.

IPS all the way if you can. 144hz won't mean much if you don't play alot of fast paced games.

zoals al verteld, ga IPS. een snelle refresh rate heb je niks aan als je geen snelle beeldwisselingen nodig hebt (zoals bij een 360 noscope move :P )

1 hour ago, Sack said:

Since you said you don't play FPS a high refresh monitor is then useless for you, you'd be much better off with an IPS monitor, and depending on whatever else you may do maybe even 1440p. Some computer specs would be nice, and welcome to the forum.

Yeah, I do play some GTA V and ARK Survival Evolved, and have some screen terring. I know G-Sync helps with that, but those are a little pricie. (Not under 350,-?) maby there is something els that helps with that?

1440p is a option, if it works well with a second 1080p screen.

P.S. I edited my post with some basic specs I think you wanted.

8 hours ago, JPotze said:

Not trying to be down on the Dutch man, but keep it english on posts, and go nuts with the Dutch in PMs instead :)

Yeah I hate screeen tearing as well, but like you said, them g-sync monitors are expensive. Personally I'm on a shitty BenQ screen saving up for the day when the 144Hz, IPS, 1440p g-sync monitors become a little bit more affordable. Don't know what you mean by work well, but if you're worried about them ahving different resolutions then don't be worried, that will work just fine in my experience. A 970 should be able to run a 1440p screen, but you should know that you might have to turn down the details, it really depends what graphical goals you expect.

tl;dr get an IPS screen whether it's 1080 or 1440