xbox one vs pc Should I buy an Xbox One S or Upgrade PC?

Dang3r D3bbi3
Go to solution Solved by LucasDerpYT,

If you want to spend time with your moved away brother go for the xbox one s or the xbox one if you can find it cheaper. I personally own a Xbox One S and can say that it is really small and a bit smaller than the Xbox 360 S stored away on a shelf. If you want the communities that are bigger on xbox, go for it. If you want to be able to play with your brother, go for it. The xbox one s is very powerful and will handle what you want and need. I also have a laptop and PC and neither stack up to the on paper compute power of it. Getting the one S would be cheaper than getting a 6GB 1060 thats around $260, and the money you dont spend on the monitor and ram upgrade can go to some pretty decent games like BF1 or Doom. Personally if I was in your situation, I would stick mostly with what you have, though I would upgrade on the cheap from the 1GB GPU. The PC build is decent and will probs last a while if you just upgrade the GPU. Save on the Win10pro and save like $40. But in your situation I would get the xbox and some games to play.  Also it depends on your relationship with your brother and the distance. If he moves down the road just walk down and play.

I bought a One S because I wanted a 4k Bluray drive, unless you NEED an Xbox for something that CAN'T be done on PC (like playing with your brother, unless you can talk him into PC too) I say put the money in the PC, really this comes down to you, do you want BETTER game quality or to play with your brother? Whats more important to YOU?

26 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I bought a One S because I wanted a 4k Bluray drive, unless you NEED an Xbox for something that CAN'T be done on PC (like playing with your brother, unless you can talk him into PC too) I say put the money in the PC, really this comes down to you, do you want BETTER game quality or to play with your brother? Whats more important to YOU?

uhhhh i would say both...but to play with my bro is more important

-Threads merged to the newest thread created- Please keep it to a single thread per topic @Dang3r D3bbi3

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Tbh I would go with the Xbox if that's what the people you want to play games with are on. I know the one thing that I miss from having a console is playing with all my friends in the games that I like. It took a while to find people to play pc games with and I'd say during that time I would have rather been playing on console with my friends. 

If you want to spend time with your moved away brother go for the xbox one s or the xbox one if you can find it cheaper. I personally own a Xbox One S and can say that it is really small and a bit smaller than the Xbox 360 S stored away on a shelf. If you want the communities that are bigger on xbox, go for it. If you want to be able to play with your brother, go for it. The xbox one s is very powerful and will handle what you want and need. I also have a laptop and PC and neither stack up to the on paper compute power of it. Getting the one S would be cheaper than getting a 6GB 1060 thats around $260, and the money you dont spend on the monitor and ram upgrade can go to some pretty decent games like BF1 or Doom. Personally if I was in your situation, I would stick mostly with what you have, though I would upgrade on the cheap from the 1GB GPU. The PC build is decent and will probs last a while if you just upgrade the GPU. Save on the Win10pro and save like $40. But in your situation I would get the xbox and some games to play.  Also it depends on your relationship with your brother and the distance. If he moves down the road just walk down and play.