xbox one vs pc Should I buy an Xbox One S or Upgrade PC?

Dang3r D3bbi3
Go to solution Solved by LucasDerpYT,

If you want to spend time with your moved away brother go for the xbox one s or the xbox one if you can find it cheaper. I personally own a Xbox One S and can say that it is really small and a bit smaller than the Xbox 360 S stored away on a shelf. If you want the communities that are bigger on xbox, go for it. If you want to be able to play with your brother, go for it. The xbox one s is very powerful and will handle what you want and need. I also have a laptop and PC and neither stack up to the on paper compute power of it. Getting the one S would be cheaper than getting a 6GB 1060 thats around $260, and the money you dont spend on the monitor and ram upgrade can go to some pretty decent games like BF1 or Doom. Personally if I was in your situation, I would stick mostly with what you have, though I would upgrade on the cheap from the 1GB GPU. The PC build is decent and will probs last a while if you just upgrade the GPU. Save on the Win10pro and save like $40. But in your situation I would get the xbox and some games to play.  Also it depends on your relationship with your brother and the distance. If he moves down the road just walk down and play.

Hey guys, I have a new question on this topic. Should I upgrade my PC or buy an Xbox One S like the title says? Also BEFORE ANY of you start judging or are just like PC MASTER RACE crap, I ACTUALLY enjoy the Xbox One and the games I like to play have MUCH MUCH larger communities there. Also I have a more personal reason to ask this question, my older brother is getting married in about a year and I wont be able to play with him, he has an Xbox One already ( hint thats why I am asking this in the first place)...and I would like to play with him when he moves out, I know he wont have much time but it will still be fun for when i do play with him. Now the PC upgrade I would do is a GPU and/or Monitor Upgrade,( you can see my current specs on my profile), the GPU i want to get is either a GTX 1060 6GB or GTX 1070, I want to maybe do 1440p but 1080p is starting to look like the more tantalizing option considering its maturity and the amount of options. i am also interested in G-SYNC and if thats possible i might go for a monitor that has it for a reasonable price. The games i play are FPS's mainly like BO2, BO3, CSGO, Star Wars Battlefront, and then Rocket League...However I am looking at getting GTA V and Fallout 4 later/soon. Thanks guys!

Current specs?

What specs is your current PC?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What specs is your current PC?

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Current specs?

I said look at my profile for my specs

1 minute ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

i SAID look at my profile FOR MY specs

sorry i missed that part as your post has too much texts and hard to look. A 750 is a little bit on a low side. it can barely handle modern game at low/medium settings at good frame rate

2 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

BOI, I LITERALLY SAID AND TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHY!!! DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THE TOPIC FIRST????

No not normally.

The geek himself.

3 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

BOI, I LITERALLY SAID AND TOLD YOU EXACTLY WHY!!! DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THE TOPIC FIRST????

I would upgrade to a 1070 and 16 GB of ram.

The geek himself.

Upgrade your GPU. No need for XBOX One as you have an i5 which is the sweet spot for gaming.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

sorry i missed that part as your post has too much texts and hard to look. A 750 is a little bit on a low side. it can barely handle modern game at low/medium settings at good frame rate

yeah IK that with my current games I play, however they are still playable....just not very good looking

You'd definitely benefit from a gpu upgrade to a 480/1060 (I think they're the price of an xbox one S? they are in the uk anyways)

But as an argument for console. if thats what the majority your friends or family play it may be the better option, as you'd have people to play with on there.
Personally i have 3 friends who actually do PC gaming, but about 20 who are console peasants. As much as i love my pc gaming, it can get a bit boring when you don't have as many friends to play with or talk to when playing.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I would upgrade to a 1070 and 16 GB of ram.

Y 16 GB of Ram upgrade?

1 minute ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

Y 16 GB of Ram upgrade?

Because 8GB is the minimum

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

You'd definitely benefit from a gpu upgrade to a 480/1060.

But as an argument for console. if thats what your friends play it may be the better option, as you'd have people to play with on there.
Personally i have 3 friends who actually do PC gaming, but about 20 who are console peasants. As much as i love my pc gaming, it can get a bit boring when you don't have as many friends to play with or talk to when playing.

SAME dude thats also another reason why i was thinking about it

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Because 8GB is the minimum

damn thats a good point

Games are starting to use more than 8GB of ram so I at least recommend a 4 gb stick add on for 12 gb of ram.

The geek himself.

If the xBox is to play in one year when your brother gets married, might as well upgrade PC now and wait for Scorpio to come out on the Holidays and get that.

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

If the xBox is to play in one year when your brother gets married, might as well upgrade PC now and wait for Scorpio to come out on the Holidays and get that.

Thats the thing though....Scorpio is supposed to have the power of a PC graphical wise and they have to make money some how so its not gonna be cheap...at all...plus Do you think console people would pay $800+ for a console that can do 4K when their fine with their own stuff now?

31 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

Thats the thing though....Scorpio is supposed to have the power of a PC graphical wise and they have to make money some how so its not gonna be cheap...at all...plus Do you think console people would pay $800+ for a console that can do 4K when their fine with their own stuff now?

It will not cost $800+, it will be around the same $500 that the xBox One cost when it came out. Right now the S is $250 but it's 3-4 years old technology already. 

9 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

It will not cost $800+, it will be around the same $500 that the xBox One cost when it came out. Right now the S is $250 but it's 3-4 years old technology already. 

Ok yeah but I dont want to drop $500+ on this console..I would rather just upgrade my PC

54 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

why would you say buy a xbox one s :(

Because he wants to multiplayer with his brother, who is moving in a year.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

it really depends on you, how much money do you have? 

get a used xbox and a rx 480 for cheap, in a sale the rx 480 goes for low as 155 usd.