Server Room Vlog Series

13 hours ago, DarthVader1022 said:

Linus this is just a suggestion and if you ever want to change your server room to something better you should have went with something like this.

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/acousticfoam/acousticfoam.html

It would have been a better solution for sound proofing and you would not have to worry about dust or have to use any other material to cover it like you did to cover the jean insulation.... This is similar to what they use in music recording studios..

Also when it comes to hanging that insulation you hung up I would have used these instead of nails..These nails have a washer on them that gives a better hold and support which would not pull through as easy as nails do..

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Security-Inc-W4005BX125-Polyhead/dp/B005TE3A5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489292361&sr=8-1&keywords=insulation+nails

Not to mention they could have 3D printed those washers or gone to the hardware store to get them... lol

14 hours ago, DarthVader1022 said:

-snip-

They know about acoustic dampening foam, they use it in a few of their setups if I am not mistaken.  They did not use the foam for a reason though. Cheaper to buy bulk, thick, insulation denim foam, also more effective for full sound isolation.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I never heard a man moan and groan and gasp and bitch so much in my life. is that what happens when you have a vasectomy?

Can anyone please show a link to that black cloth that Linus used to cover the blue jeans insulation ???

Thanks in advance.

On 11/03/2017 at 8:35 PM, DarthVader1022 said:

Linus this is just a suggestion and if you ever want to change your server room to something better you should have went with something like this.

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/acousticfoam/acousticfoam.html

It would have been a better solution for sound proofing and you would not have to worry about dust or have to use any other material to cover it like you did to cover the jean insulation.... This is similar to what they use in music recording studios..

Also when it comes to hanging that insulation you hung up I would have used these instead of nails..These nails have a washer on them that gives a better hold and support which would not pull through as easy as nails do..

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Security-Inc-W4005BX125-Polyhead/dp/B005TE3A5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489292361&sr=8-1&keywords=insulation+nails

Acoustic foam isn't designed for soundproofing, it's made to kill reflections but it won't absorb the sound waves like the insulation will.

• 2 months later...

Where can you buy some of those cable combs that Linus is using at the beginning of part two? Would love to buy a 3D printer, but I don't really have any other use for it. 

Been searching online but I can only find them in 3mm used for organizing cables from the PSU, cannot find them for Ethernet anywhere. 

Thanks!

- T

• 1 year later...

Is that a water main running over your rack?

Is that also a piping joint right smack over your rack?

brave man

watermain.png

7 hours ago, Hav0k said:

Is that a water main running over your rack?

Is that also a piping joint right smack over your rack?

brave man

It is a sprinkler line not a water main.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER