Safe HDMI Run Length?

What's the borderline of where HDMI begins to encounter loss?

I have a run that needs to be about 25ft worth of cable. 

Will that be fine and dandy or should I go with a converter and do it over cat6?

yea that will  be fine hdmi is digital not analog you could probably go for a hundred feet before you have problems

50 feet (15 meters) is the max.  You'll need a signal booster for lengths any longer.

4 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

yea that will  be fine hdmi is digital not analog you could probably go for a hundred feet before you have problems

HDMI often starts suffering from signal degradation at over 50ft, 100ft would be too long without an amplifier/booster. 

EDIT: The HDMI spec doesn't actually give a max length though. They can be any length as long as they meet the requirements to be certified. 

I would think the cables are offered in many lengths, and that any length sold is designed in such a way (sufficiently thick wires, good shielding, etc.) that it is actually functional at its length (otherwise that would be rather useless wouldn't it?).  Therefore if you find a 25 ft cable, especially if it clearly specifies that it works at 25 ft (though that seems redundant to me) you shouldn't have any problems.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

HDMI often starts suffering from signal degradation at over 50ft, 100ft would be too long without an amplifier/booster. 

EDIT: The HDMI spec doesn't actually give a max length though. They can be any length as long as they meet the requirements to be certified. 

The reason there is not a detailed spec is because appropriately certified HDMI can also pass voltage along with ethernet and audio signals.  Signal degredation "starts" to happen at 50ft.  Could it go longer, possibly and depending on the application.  However, mix all these items together, and you end up with bad attenuation over the length of the cable.  A thicker cable with shielding could even cause more issues, especially if voltage is applied.  More mass creates circuit resistance.  As the standard evolves, they tend to find ways of bypassing some issues, and might see better improvements and lengths.  If the standard hits a maximum point to where physics impede the progression, then a new standard will emerge.