dell vs dell

JoeNoIce

i am looking to upgrade to 2k and i was wondering which dell monitor i should get. the Dell S2716DG or Dell S2417DG they are the same monitor resolution but different sizes. which should i get?

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

2k is actually 1080p, you are talking about 1440p

lol i meant 1440p but i thought 2k was its other name.

1 minute ago, 10xephos01 said:

lol i meant 1440p but i thought 2k was its other name.

I also learnt it only a few days ago, a very common misconception.

I would go for the second monitor as it has a higher refresh rate and over here in the netherlands it is cheaper, but it is also a smaller monitor, which you may not like. it depends on your personal opinion really.

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

I also learnt it only a few days ago, a very common misconception.

I would go for the second monitor as it has a higher refresh rate and over here in the netherlands it is cheaper, but it is also a smaller monitor, which you may not like. it depends on your personal opinion really.

well the smaller one has higher DPI

well then it would be 2.7k... which no one uses excpt maybe the manufactures to sell their wares.

It is better known in the PCMR as 1440p

the question you need to ask yourself is weather or not you want a 27" monitor. it is literally a LOT of real estate to look at. I have a 4k 28" Samsung. while i am used to huge swaths of desktop to play with, i cannot imagine setting this thing in front of someone who's used to laptop sized screens.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

i have a crap ton of space on my desk but i am still leaning twards the 24 inch but the 27 is cheaper on some sites.

24 minutes ago, 10xephos01 said:

i am looking to upgrade to 2k and i was wondering which dell monitor i should get. the Dell S2716DG or Dell S2417DG they are the same monitor resolution but different sizes. which should i get?

24" with 1440p may require 150% scaling if you don't like to see small text.

No, 150% is WAY too big scaling.

To match Full HD at 24", it would require 125% Scaling, which is recommended by Windows.

I use 100% Scaling ( = no scaling at all) and prefer it. Because it gives much more space to work with. I can read everything, np^^

Just chrome is set to 110%.

If you should take 24" or 27"....

Depends on how far you're away from the Panel. Only 50-60 cm? Then 24" is more than fine.

70-100cm? 27".

Maybe around that~. Of course, it will be YOUR personal preference. try it out, and then decide.

I have the 24" model, because it fits better to my 2nd screen (previous lonely main screen, Dell U2414H. And 27" was a bit big, because i'm usually 65~ cm away. And it's fine.

Prices vary.. here in Germany, the 24" model is 450€, and i got mine as B-stock for 382€.

27" model is 580-599€~.