rumor has it GTX 1080TI Founders Edition will be an nVidia exclusive

4 hours ago, Carclis said:

I'm saying that it will probably sell worse as a result of only being available in Nvidias store at launch as opposed to retail stores. I say this because by the time AIB partners release their custom cards we will have Vega at our doorstep.

as I said, it can't sell worse as the only manufacturer for Founders Edition is nVidia

you can't sell cards you don't have

ps: that's the old design

even nVIdia's own product page for Titan X doesn't list it as a GeForce product anymore - Titan X is a big identity crisis for nVidia

vHHlGqD.png

as for double precision, not even Quadro cards has it anymore, only Teslas

18 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

I think it will hurt sales. Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia.

The point here is more that people won't necessarily wait for custom 1080ti to come out and then buy the FE edition, and therefore giving all their money to nvidia.

48 minutes ago, zMeul said:

as for double precision, not even Quadro cards has it anymore, only Teslas

Well. That's just stupid.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

as I said, it can't sell worse as the only manufacturer for Founders Edition is nVidia

you can't sell cards you don't have

You have to consider that Founders Edition cards being sold by Nvidia only makes them harder to obtain, delays their launch since you will have to wait for shipping, and whilst they already carry a premium over custom cards (for God knows what reason) they will cost even more with added shipping. Who would purchase these when all up these Founders Edition cards will only arrive perhaps a few days before custom cards land on store shelves? Furthermore you have the problem of the 1080ti launch being artificially pushed closer to the Vega launch by this Founders Edition tactic which makes a couple more weeks of waiting to make an informed purchase a more compelling choice. This will lower the sales of Founders Edition cards because they will be harder to get and custom cards due to them arriving too late, with the potential of needing a price cut when Vega launches.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

ps: that's the old design

even nVIdia's own product page for Titan X doesn't list it as a GeForce product anymore - Titan X is a big identity crisis for nVidia

vHHlGqD.png

Funny that. You might want to look up a little.

Convenient.png

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

5 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Funny that. You might want to look up a little.

and you still ignore the fact that it doesn't say GeForce in the Titan X name

nVidia themselves market this card as compute card whenever they can

as I said, the Titan X is an identity crisis for nVidia

34 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and you still ignore the fact that it doesn't say GeForce in the Titan X name

nVidia themselves market this card as compute card whenever they can

as I said, the Titan X is an identity crisis for nVidia

I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of here. The card is a GeForce product in every way but the name (used to be called a GeForce GTX Titan X). Looking through the support section, drivers, store and even the GeForce GTX SLI HB bridge you'll find it bundled with the GeForce products. My opinion is that the price puts it well into Quadro territory and the only way to justify that is by not calling it a GeForce card. It also helps that GTX Titan X is a much more pleasant sounding name.

I just hope they get their naming scheme sorted out so we don't end up with a 3rd Titan X. Even a change from GeForce GTX 1080 to GeForce 1080 as a whole for their products would be nice since it's not so unnecessarily long.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Do you even need a Founders Edition other than removing the shroud xD?

Groomlake Authority

6 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

That would be company suicide. I cannot see them doing something like that. It's one thing with TITAN, but with the flagship GeForce card? Not gonna happen.

Arrogance and Nvidia stinks of it.

4 hours ago, FratStar said:

There has never been an AIB Titan period to my knowledge.

Closest was a Gigabyte that came with a WF3 cooler in the box. ref board and ref cooler.

So I'm in teh market to upgrade my Maxwell X's to a set of 1080Ti's.  The founder's vs. custom is a really tough decision, because on teh one hand waterblocks are aplenty for standard reference cards, the custom cards give a lot better potential overall but waterblocks are a bitch to find and have dogshit resale value.

TBH I'll probably wait until some benchmarks come out to show how much potential the silicon has for overclocking.  If it's decent where a custom PCB might make a difference, I'll probably go that route.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

So I'm in teh market to upgrade my Maxwell X's to a set of 1080Ti's.  The founder's vs. custom is a really tough decision, because on teh one hand waterblocks are aplenty for standard reference cards, the custom cards give a lot better potential overall but waterblocks are a bitch to find and have dogshit resale value.

TBH I'll probably wait until some benchmarks come out to show how much potential the silicon has for overclocking.  If it's decent where a custom PCB might make a difference, I'll probably go that route.

I would just get Founders Edition. Custom cards aren't any better as Pascal tops out around ~ 2100MHz. If you're using water blocks, and the choice is simply the reference cards.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

AIB needs to stop acting like toddlers with tamper tantrum, just so they can sell the cards on launch day by slapping their stupid stickers on it!  I still remember a while back, a GTX270 or 280, with some AIB's stupid character on it. Then I noticed a bit of the sticker was peeling off. I peeled that ugly sticker off and under was the original Nvidia logo, etched into the plastic shroud. 1000x nicer than stupid AIB sticker.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Eh, If I were in the market, I'd just wait for custom cards.  The Founder's Editions cards are ugly as hell.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

13 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Nvidia should know that it would be company suicide-the only reason they ended up with 3DFX was because they decided that they'd be the only ones manufacturing video cards with the GPU

I knew somebody would say that!

But still, STB's manufacturing in Mexico wasn't as good compared to ones in Asia. Most of the OEMs went to Nvidia as a result of 3dfx decision to only allow STB to make GPUs.

1 hour ago, Bubblewhale said:

I knew somebody would say that!

But still, STB's manufacturing in Mexico wasn't as good compared to ones in Asia. Most of the OEMs went to Nvidia as a result of 3dfx decision to only allow STB to make GPUs.

My STB Voodoo2 12MB brought the memories back.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

AIB's sales of FE have always been poor and a bit of a loss leader, Have heard that there will be no FE cards from AIB partners and that they will come 1/2 week later AIB custom cards to launch 2/3 cards each

Regarding the reason why Nvidia doesn't sell Titan X pascal through AIBs is nothing to do with coolers. It destroyed NV sales in Quadro, lots of SI partners switched to them during Maxwell