rumor has it GTX 1080TI Founders Edition will be an nVidia exclusive

5 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

A waterblock doesn't solve horrible VRM components.

as far as everyone knows, no FE card blew up

so .. wtf are you talking about

I personally like blower style coolers, but they're often not available on the smaller form factor cards I would like to use.

$899 will be available direct from NVidia.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

this won't hurt sales at all

but it will hurt AIB partners since they won't be selling shit until they have their own custom cards out

It may very well if it turns out they can only be bought direct just like Titan X cards.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

13 minutes ago, Carclis said:

It may very well if it turns out they can only be bought direct just like Titan X cards.

not with Titan X 

AIBs didn't had permission to modify the Titan X (Maxwell) cooling / add their own

and current Titan X is not a GTX card anymore

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

not with Titan X 

AIBs didn't had permission to modify the Titan X (Maxwell) cooling / add their own

It does say GeForce GTX on the green logo as well as GeForce GTX TITAN X on the backplate.

They apparently forgot to take the GeForce off the card...

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

9 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

It does say GeForce GTX on the green logo as well as GeForce GTX TITAN X on the backplate.

They apparently forgot to take the GeForce off the card...

not anymore

the 1st batch of Titan X did had GTX on the side, the new ones don't

titanx-design_w_600.png

there's a new shroud design:

Nvidia-GTX-Titan-X-Pascal-Referenzk%C3%B

Maybe I missed something, but this looks like a good thing in the long run. You want an open-air video card to your liking? Get it from the AiBs. You want the standard blower design? Get it from NVidia.

I always found the concept of buying reference cards from the likes of Gigabyte and EVGA to be needlessly confusing.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

3 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

"I think it will hurt sales (of the reference FE cards). Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia."

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something too... I have a 1070 FE, chosen specifically to fit in a limited case size. I have no problems with temperatures, thermal throttling, stability, or anything like that. Noise is more subjective but it isn't the loudest thing in the case and I can't hear it.

While I don't have a 1080, I can't imagine it being a problem either. I do have a reference 980 Ti, so basically a FE before they came up with the name. That can run into thermal throttling under sustained heavy loads, but it is a 250W class card.

If the 1080 Ti follows Titan XP in also being rated at 250W TDP, that could be marginal. I believe the cooler in 10 series was supposed to be updated in design (not just cosmetic) compared to 9 series. I suppose what I can conclude from this is, 1080 Ti should be no worse than 980 Ti...

Side note: I run them stock (with factory OC), maybe the limits would be felt more if you're a heavy overclocker, but anyone that serious would go water cooling anyway.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

25 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Maybe I missed something, but this looks like a good thing in the long run. You want an open-air video card to your liking? Get it from the AiBs. You want the standard blower design? Get it from NVidia.

I always found the concept of buying reference cards from the likes of Gigiabyte and EVGA to be needlessly confusing.

The only reason I could see myself buying a Founders Edition card that's not sold directly by NVidia is EVGA, specifically their warranty / step-up program.

You mean just like every other founders card in the 10 series being an Nvidia exclusive?

4 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So am I.

Let's rephrase then:

"I think it will hurt sales (of the reference FE cards). Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia."

Am I missing something here?

I've seen a few reviews where the reference 1080 clocked higher than 2 and 3 fan AIB custom designs.

I'm finding it funny that Nvidia at times still behaves in a similar manner to the way 3DFX did before it got bought by Nvidia.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

I'm finding it funny that Nvidia at times still behaves in a similar manner to the way 3DFX did before it got bought by Nvidia.

So what you're saying is, Nvidia is going to buyout Nvidia?

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

So what you're saying is, Nvidia is going to buyout Nvidia?

No, Nvidia not allowing anyone else to manufacture their best graphics card, just the way 3DFX did after they bought STB.

PMSL

8 hours ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

I bet there would be people who would not buy a blower style card though. I personally would not want to get a blower style card for my ATX rig.

I buy blower style cards. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Be interesting to see what happens. A few youtubers have hinted that they have 1080ti's from their respective sponsor companies. Maybe they were just hinting at newer 1080s. Who knows. 

Would we put it past Nvidia to feed the market themselves and cut out the AIB's?

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

not with Titan X 

I'm saying that it will probably sell worse as a result of only being available in Nvidias store at launch as opposed to retail stores. I say this because by the time AIB partners release their custom cards we will have Vega at our doorstep.

Also:

NVIDIA-Titan-X_Official_2.jpg

I don't know how that does not count as a GeForce GTX card when even Nvidia calls it one. As I recall it doesn't even have any of the additional half or double precision compute that used to make it a Titan card, so it very much fits the GTX design.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

27 minutes ago, jasonc_01 said:

Would we put it past Nvidia to feed the market themselves and cut out the AIB's?

That would be company suicide. I cannot see them doing something like that. It's one thing with TITAN, but with the flagship GeForce card? Not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

That would be company suicide. I cannot see them doing something like that. It's one thing with TITAN, but with the flagship GeForce card? Not gonna happen.

Nvidia should know that it would be company suicide-the only reason they ended up with 3DFX was because they decided that they'd be the only ones manufacturing video cards with the GPU

PMSL

Either way I'm sure there will be aftermarket coolers that can be put on it. Waterblocks for sure.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Ppl.. The AIB partners WILL make the 1080ti cards with their coolers. Heck even EVGA reposted the NVidia tweet about their page. The only thing that MAY be exclusive to NVidia is the blower style cooler that resembles the FE cooler.

Everything else will stay the same (except the price - right now there are only speculations and we'll get the real price in about 5 days).

Just carry on until the announcement and then stretch your mouths without writing so much bullshit that are just rumors.

16 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

They've already done this Titan XP.

Even before this they've had cards only sold with nvidias reference cooler, not counting waterblocks(Titan, Titan Black, Titan X, Titan Z)

They're really not going to lose sales, they'll probably make even more money truthfully. The only thing they will lose in this situation is 3rd party respect.

There has never been an AIB Titan period to my knowledge.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240