rumor has it GTX 1080TI Founders Edition will be an nVidia exclusive

source: https://videocardz.com/66330/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-coming-mid-march

640px-GeForce_newlogo.png

First, we need to separate two words from each other. The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti announcement will take place on February 28th. The actual release date will likely be unveiled during that announcement, but it should be 2 to 3 weeks later. According to the information we gathered, the launch will happen “mid-March“.

The other interesting part of 1080 Ti launch is the availability of custom models. At launch, there might be a problem to find them. AIB partners that we spoke with, expressed their concern about Founders Edition, which as you can imagine will be available at launch. The market is also filled with whispers that Founders Edition might become exclusive to NVIDIA, which basically means NVIDIA would become the only seller of 1080 Ti at launch.

the 1st info, GTX 1080Ti won't launch on 28th but mid March - paper launch, nothing new

the 2nd bit of info .. well, that's where AIB partners will get real pissed if nVidia will fuck them over by not allowing them to sell Founders Edition - if memory serves, this will be a 1st

this is not the 1st time we hear chatter from AIBs regarding their displease with nVidia for Founders Edition cards - nVidia is eating their profits

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

source: https://videocardz.com/66330/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-coming-mid-march

640px-GeForce_newlogo.png

the 1st info, GTX 1080Ti won't launch on 28th but mid March - papaer launch, nothing new

the 2nd bit of info .. well, that's where AIB partners will get real pissed if nVidia will fuck them over by not allowing them to sell Founders Edition - if memory serves, this will be a 1st

this is not the 1st time we hear chatter from AIBs regarding their displease with nVidia for Founders Edition cards - nVidia is eating their profits

I would be very surprised if they did this. I think it would really hurt the sales of the 1080 ti if they don't work with AIB partners.

3 minutes ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

I would be very surprised if they did this. I think it would really hurt the sales of the 1080 ti if they don't work with AIB partners.

this won't hurt sales at all

but it will hurt AIB partners since they won't be selling shit until they have their own custom cards out

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

but it will hurt AIB partners since they won't be selling shit until they have their own custom cards out

I bet there would be people who would not buy a blower style card though. I personally would not want to get a blower style card for my ATX rig.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Imagine if because of this EVGA, Palit, Zotac etc. also start selling AMD GPUs...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

I bet there would be people who would not buy a blower style card though. I personally would not want to get a blower style card for my ATX rig.

you still did not understand a single word I said -_-

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Imagine if because of this EVGA, Palit, Zotac etc. also start selling AMD GPUs...

and!!?!? let them do it xD

but I doubt they will

a different GPU brand for their custom designs means new production lines, new HW and software engineers, new people for tech support - are they ready?

4 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Sappire Nitro+ 1080 Ti looks cool

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and!!?!? let them do it xD

but I doubt they will

a different GPU brand for their custom designs means new production lines, new HW and software engineers, new people for tech support - are they ready?

That'd be a good thing, imagine just in theory that Vega is great and has a great ACX 4.0 cooler on it with an EVGA warranty...

I also doubt they will, but Nvidia is directly affecting their sales by quite a bit here so I wouldn't completely rule it out! Not saying it's gonna happen this gen or something, but sooner or later...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

you still do not understand a single word I said -_-

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My point was that Nvidia would not be selling as many cards overall, because they would not sell any to AIB partners. Although I do agree that reference or founder card sales would stay mostly the same.

6 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

If they did this Nvidia might pull the dick move again like XFX and drop their chip priority. Essentially making it harder for these companies to get Nvidia chips or the best binned ones, making it less worth it for them to sell them due to smaller sales volumes and lower margins.

While the customer would love it, Nvidia has the big stick ready to keep all their little people in line. We wouldnt want too much competition would we?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I think it will hurt sales. Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My point was that Nvidia would not be selling as many cards overall, because they would not sell any to AIB partners. Although I do agree that reference or founder card sales would stay mostly the same.

let's get this straight out the box

nVidia is the sole manufacturer of Founders Edition cards

sales can't be hurt as you can't sell something that doesn't physically exist somewhere

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

I think it will hurt sales. Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia.

again, you missed the point by a solar system and found a new exoplanet NASA missed 

the only thing that will be exclusive to nVidia, as rumored, are just the Founders Edition cards - not the whole GTX 1080Ti lineup

do you understand now?

They've already done this Titan XP.

Even before this they've had cards only sold with nvidias reference cooler, not counting waterblocks(Titan, Titan Black, Titan X, Titan Z)

They're really not going to lose sales, they'll probably make even more money truthfully. The only thing they will lose in this situation is 3rd party respect.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

16 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Would be nice IMO

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

again, you missed the point by a solar system and found a new exoplanet NASA missed 

L.M.F.A.O

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

the only thing that will be exclusive to nVidia, as rumored, are just the Founders Edition cards - not the whole GTX 1080Ti lineup

do you understand now?

I get it now, sorry I was confused.

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

do you understand now?

Ya think I was talking about the partner cards? 

Because that's where you're wrong.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Ya think I was talking about the partner cards? 

Because that's where you're wrong.

what am I wrong about?

make me understand, because I was very clear this was only about Founders Edition

12 minutes ago, zMeul said:

what am I wrong about?

make me understand, because I was very clear this was only about Founders Edition

So am I.

Let's rephrase then:

"I think it will hurt sales (of the reference FE cards). Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia."

Am I missing something here?

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So am I.

Let's rephrase then:

"I think it will hurt sales (of the reference FE cards). Especially now that the consumer is knowledgable with the reference 1080/70/60 cards which are known for not performing very good, being loud and hot and having sub-par power delivery. That's going to linger on in people's minds when they see a 1080Ti can only be bought from nVidia."

Am I missing something here?

people have bought and will continue to buy blower style cards for couple of reasons

1. they don't care
  2. they will SLI and blower is the way to go
  3. they will put a waterblock on it

20 minutes ago, zMeul said:

people have bought and will continue to buy blower style cards for couple of reasons

1. they don't care
  2. they will SLI and blower is the way to go
  3. they will put a waterblock on it

A waterblock doesn't solve horrible VRM components.

Ye ole' train