are there still laptops like the Asus EEE pc?

so iv been thinking of after highscool getting myself something similar to the old Asus EEE PC 1080 i had. it was total crap, Atom 550, 2GB RAM, 786p shit screen, boken joint, ect... but it was nice because it was a 10.1" laptop with a large keyboard for the size and it was easy to take everywhere. i was wondering if there are things like it anymore, like with up to date Atoms that can use more then 2GB of RAM and are actiually decent for lighter tasks.  would want the screen to be about 720p becuse thats fine for the size and saves battery life and i dont care for touch either. just want something at about the 10" size thats a laptop and not a tablet with a keyboard basically. i miss my eee pc even though it was shit and broken because i could take it everywhere easy and the keyboard was great and i dont really like the laptop i got from school because its huge(16.1" screen makeing for a 18" size...) and has pretty shit specs for doing anything more heavy then web browsing or light, low settings gameing on it anyway(I5 6200, GTX 660M equivlent GPU, 1080p screen)

tl;dr:

are there any laptops like the Asus EEE PC anymore at about 10" with keyboards and decent upgradeablity(HDD and RAM swap) that isnt a tablet thing? thats the only thing i want answered here.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@Eason85 your small ThinkPad for typing. Which model was that? 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

55 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

@Eason85 your small ThinkPad for typing. Which model was that? 

That was an e130 (11"). Not a great screen, but great for typing. My x230 has an even better keyboard, but it's 12" and actually it's a little less solidly constructed than the e130.

@Bananasplit_00 basically any of the 11in ThinkPad fit ur bill. I think there's a few other models that u'd have to research ur self, cause I'm not familiar with the size. Maybe @Dackzy would know. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

5 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

@Bananasplit_00 basically any of the 11in ThinkPad fit ur bill. I think there's a few other models that u'd have to research ur self, cause I'm not familiar with the size. Maybe @Dackzy would know. 

I can only think of a ThinkPad Helix and the ThinkPad 11e, which you can get as a normal laptop, a yoga laptop, Chromebook or a Chromebook yoga

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

thanks, took a look at the e130 and if there was on with an I5 id snatch it up lol but that laptop isnt available though. the 1e seemed pretty good too. its going to be a while untill i get either one, i just wanted to make sure that small laptops were not dead yet lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thanks, took a look at the e130 and if there was on with an I5 id snatch it up lol but that laptop isnt available though. the 1e seemed pretty good too. its going to be a while untill i get either one, i just wanted to make sure that small laptops were not dead yet lol

I had it with an i3. The performance was really just fine for everything browsing/work related.