Should i buy Fallout 4?

Totallycasual

Its on sale right now for $40 USD for Australians but $30 USD for Americans, i really want the game but the fact that Steam is charging Aussies extra really bugs me lol

I have never purchased anything from these other key sites, a bit scared of handing over my credit card details to them if they're a bit shonky. 

Up to you. I have 200 hours in it, and while I don't play it anymore I definitely had fun. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

Up to you. I have 200 hours in it, and while I don't play it anymore I definitely had fun. 

Pls because mods I have 769

My life

It's only 23 AUD on Kinguin (quick conversion from British pounds).

Very reliable site, have bought many games and programs from them, never any problems. 

Does you mum know you're here?

I wouldn't be saying that they are changing you more. It's just that the USD is worth more than the AUD. You could wait for a different sale that'll maybe have a lower price.

5 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I wouldn't be saying that they are changing you more. It's just that the USD is worth more than the AUD. You could wait for a different sale that'll maybe have a lower price.

No, i know how to do a basic currency conversion >.<  

On Steam right now its $40 USD for me as an Aussie but $30 USD for my American friends ( i had them check for me) 

15 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Get it off if Kinguin or Torrent the game. I bought it for full price and I hated it, literally got fucked out of $60. I always will play New Vegas though...

I would never torrent a game but i may check out Kinguin if its reputable ty. 

I bought it day one and have 182 hours into the game as of now. I haven't played it for nearly 9 months though.

That being said, is it worth $30 or $40? Definitely, provided you are willing to overlook the obvious streamlining (aka dumbing down) of the game and play it for what it is. 

In hindsight though, there is no way I would have spent full price on the game on day one, had I known how the game would be.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

46 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

No, i know how to do a basic currency conversion >.<  

On Steam right now its $40 USD for me as an Aussie but $30 USD for my American friends ( i had them check for me) 

Well I don't know why you would have to pay $40 USD but I can see you paying $40 AUD.

Screenshot_20170222-203940~2.png

2 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Well I don't know why you would have to pay $40 USD but I can see you paying $40 AUD.

I don't know how differently to explain this to you.... i quoted the prices of $30 USD for American customers and $40 USD for Australian customers in USD simply to illustrate the disparity. I'm well aware of the different values of currencies around the globe o.O 

6 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I don't know how differently to explain this to you.... i quoted the prices of $30 USD for American customers and $40 USD for Australian customers in USD simply to illustrate the disparity. I'm well aware of the different values of currencies around the globe o.O 

I understand what you are saying. You're American friends are paying $30 USD and you would have to pay $40 USD and I don't know why. It sounds like a rip off to me. I'd just wait for a better sale.

I liked the game, for me it is worth it. Have 150+ hours in it.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Of course you should. It has its downsides compared to 3/NV in case of Story/Roleplay, but its still a very good Game. And a modding paradise.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO