No display signal with new GPU (RX 480)

Boxto

I got my new RX 480 yesterday and when I try to plug it in I get no signal to my monitor. My computer turns on (I can even hear the windows sound) and my GPU lights up and it's fans start spinning. I'm using a DVI-D cable and my trusty old HD 6870 works using the same cable.

I'm using this setup:

GPU: XFX RX 480 4GB

CPU: Xeon E3 1231v3

Motherboard: MSI H97M PC MATE

16GB RAM, 650W PSU

I've tried the usual google answers. Triple checked that everything is connected and that I'm connected to the GPU and not the Motherboard, updated my BIOS, deleted old drivers, formatted and reinstalled Windows, made the integrated graphics the default in BIOS and messed with other random BIOS settings.

I'm gonna try another monitor using an HDMI tomorrow or the day after and hopefully test the GPU in my friends PC soon as well, but until then; does anyone have any suggestion for what I could do?

Reseat it and make sure all plugs are firmly in place. Happened to me too when i 1st installed my 390.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Reseat it and make sure all plugs are firmly in place. Happened to me too when i 1st installed my 390.

I've tried this maybe 30 times now so I'm fairly certain this isn't the issue.

2 minutes ago, Cuddlez said:

Maybe there's something internally wrong with the card...can you get a new one since u just bought it yesterday?

I'd think so, but that's kinda useless if there is something wrong with some other thing so its kind of the last option.

5 hours ago, Boxto said:

I got my new RX 480 yesterday and when I try to plug it in I get no signal to my monitor. My computer turns on (I can even hear the windows sound) and my GPU lights up and it's fans start spinning. I'm using a DVI-D cable and my trusty old HD 6870 works using the same cable.

I'm using this setup:

GPU: XFX RX 480 4GB

CPU: Xeon E3 1231v3

Motherboard: MSI H97M PC MATE

16GB RAM, 650W PSU

I've tried the usual google answers. Triple checked that everything is connected and that I'm connected to the GPU and not the Motherboard, updated my BIOS, deleted old drivers, formatted and reinstalled Windows, made the integrated graphics the default in BIOS and messed with other random BIOS settings.

I'm gonna try another monitor using an HDMI tomorrow or the day after and hopefully test the GPU in my friends PC soon as well, but until then; does anyone have any suggestion for what I could do?

I have the same card and had the same issue. What I did to fix it was before installing the card I downloaded the amd drivers and put the folder on my desktop. Shut down the computer and installed my graphics card.  Booted back up into safe mode and installed the drivers with the card installed. Then restarted and all was good in the world. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop