My pc failed after i moved the parts to a new case

chivley

When ever I boot the system and login it says welcome then i get a multicolored screen. After that i force reset my computer and then it says disk C is being repaired so i repaired and still the same thing happens. I get frustrated and looked stuff online the best solution i found was to reset my harddrive and so i do that. After i reset my hard drive it boots up and the same thing happens again i still get the multicolored screen and i cant do anything pls help

What do you mean "reset my harddrive"?

Have you also tried going through integrated graphics (if you have it)?

are you using igpu or vga? sounds like a gpu problem so if your using a vga try igpu and if you're using igpu try using a vga no matter how shit. the repairing is probably because of the hard reset.

if it was doing a repair. the operating system might have gotten corrupted. you should have let it finish.

also, did you plug it into a different sata port when you installed it in another case?

No didnt plug it in wrong and i have already reinstalled windows but i still am getting the same problem.

i can run the pc in safe mode though so is there any more tips you can give

27 minutes ago, LabRat said:

if it was doing a repair. the operating system might have gotten corrupted. you should have let it finish.

also, did you plug it into a different sata port when you installed it in another case?

check the disc for errors.

didn't drop it or bang it while you were moving stuff around?

Any tips on doing that im fairly new with all of this

Any tips on doing that im fairly new with all of this

maybe click computer. and when c drive pops up you right click/go to properties. and then you can look through the options and familiarize yourself with them. ( might be checkdisc ) do a disc scan and repair if the options are available.

I tried doing it but after that nothing happened said all was normal

IMG_2682.JPG

it says repair. so it did find problems. when you did the scan wasn't there an option to also do a repair automatically after the restart? maybe you need to put a check mark in a box and restart?

you should have checked both boxes.

There wasnt an option i could only run the pc in safe mode i tried typing check disk and found some errors but i dont know how to fix it

image.jpg

if this is windows 10 you'll have to google it. I don't run and may never run W10.
do you have another drive?

No. I do not it in googled the $i30 and found a hotfix ill try it out via usb to see if it works ill be back when i try it out

Tried everything i contacted a couple of friends to take a look at it i may need to get a new hard drive

On 2/22/2017 at 9:08 PM, chivley said:

There wasnt an option i could only run the pc in safe mode i tried typing check disk and found some errors but i dont know how to fix it

image.jpg

Boot into recovery mode (you may need to create an installation DVD/USB), open up command prompt, and type the following:

chkdsk c: /f /r /b

When you say you "rebooted" your hard drive, do you mean you formatted it and reinstalled Windows, or do you just mean you turned your computer off and on?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I finally fixed it by reformating my drive again i figured out the reason why it happened. Whenever i connect to our wifi my screen gets the flashing lights but right now im connected to my neighbors wifi and its perfectly fine. I dont know why it happened any tips on how to fix this? If i change out password and username would it fox it?