Ethernet Connection Not Appearing

So, I just finished my PC build and now, I'm setting up Windows. First thing I did was try to set up my Ethernet connection but when I plugged it in to my motherboard the computer didn't recognize it. Nothing even appeared. Everything else seems to be working fine. I'm on Windows 10 by the way.

Check your cables! 

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

Check drivers, pretty often after a fresh install it wont have network drivers. You will need to get them on another computer from the motherboard manufacture's website.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

9 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Check drivers, pretty often after a fresh install it wont have network drivers. You will need to get them on another computer from the motherboard manufacture's website.

Fuck... I have a Wifi Adapter but it's slow AF. 

First check your lighting on the network port.  This should be lit no matter the OS, as long as there is a hardware connection.  

19 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

when I plugged it in to my motherboard the computer didn't recognize it

By "plugging into motherboard" I'm going to assume this is an onboard chipset rather than expansion card.   What motherboard are you running?

8 minutes ago, techdookie13 said:

Fuck... I have a Wifi Adapter but it's slow AF. 

Yeah I've run into the issue a ton with custom built computers, and pre built. The manufacture website will have all the drivers for it, the CD has out of date ones if you have a disk drive, but no one does anymore xD 

The wifi adaptor may need drivers too.

If you know the cable is good, and it is getting connection from the router/modem, ,make sure the cable is firmly seated in the port. if none of that works, drivers.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

7 minutes ago, Evanair said:

First check your lighting on the network port.  This should be lit no matter the OS, as long as there is a hardware connection.  

By "plugging into motherboard" I'm going to assume this is an onboard chipset rather than expansion card.   What motherboard are you running?

Yes there is an LED on the chipset. The MOBO is ASROCK H100M Mini-ITX

21 minutes ago, Evanair said:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-ITX/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

It does have an Intel chipset, but worth installing the drivers.  Also should check your BIOS to make sure it's enabled.

I checked BIOS and LAN was enabled. I downloaded the LAN driver off of the website you linked me as well to my laptop and then used a USB to get it to my PC. Still nothing :(

3 hours ago, techdookie13 said:

Still nothing

What does device manager say under network adapters?