144HZ not working

Kruxify

today I went to my friends house and I used his 144hz monitor and to me it felt so much smoother when playing games. At home I have a 144HZ but his felt smoother. He used displayport and I am using I think a dual link dvi and I was wondering if my cable doesnt support it or something because his felt like a much smoother experience

DVI-D is designed for 1080p at 60Hz

You would need Display port to run 144Hz

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

5 minutes ago, Kruxify said:

today I went to my friends house and I used his 144hz monitor and to me it felt so much smoother when playing games. At home I have a 144HZ but his felt smoother. He used displayport and I am using I think a dual link dvi and I was wondering if my cable doesnt support it or something because his felt like a much smoother experience

You need to use DisplayPort, not DVI.

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Officially single link only goes up to 60Hz and dual link goes up to 85Hz.

Where does it say that? Display interfaces don't have any limit on refresh frequency, any resolution/frequency combination within the maximum bandwidth limit is allowed.

There are lots of monitors (like the XL2411Z or the GN246HL) which can only use Dual-Link DVI to run at 144 Hz.

27 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Where does it say that? Display interfaces don't have any limit on refresh frequency, any resolution/frequency combination within the maximum bandwidth limit is allowed.

There are lots of monitors (like the XL2411Z or the GN246HL) which can only use Dual-Link DVI to run at 144 Hz.

Alright, I retract my statement.

45 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Right I have a XL2420TE and its 144hz over Dual link DVI.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

2 hours ago, Kruxify said:

Under Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Settings -> Monitor, is it set to 144 Hz?