*URGENT* New build going to shit.

BRiiTASH

1st problem.

Windows wont let me install itself onto my SM951 as the boot drive.

It is registered as drive 6 partition 1. 

This is the drive i want to be my boot drive.

How do i fix this?

1487800184234835205010.jpg

2nd problem.

The Ram in my A1 slot isnt being detected in my bios.

Someone shoot me please.

-Thread moved to Troubleshooting.

How many drives do you have plugged in?

Reseat your RAM. If it still isn't being detected, the slot is dead, and you should RMA your motherboard.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Try formatting the drive and reseating the ram.

How many ram sticks do you have? Two or four?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Try formatting the drive and reseating the ram.

How many ram sticks do you have? Two or four?

4×4gb

Corsair dominator platinum DDR4 16KIT

too me it sounds like the motherboard is bad but before that check ALL conectors both PSU side and where they go side, re instert your RAM, delete and reform the drive partition and clear CMOS in whatever order you feel like but i would recomend the orded i said

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

4×4gb

Corsair dominator platinum DDR4 16KIT

Okay, try reseating the one in slot A1.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

remove all other drives when installing Windows fresh on a new dive (SSD)

check that RAM slot by putting a different RAM stick in it, if it still not detected - mbo fucked, RMA

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

remove all other drives when installing Windows fresh on a new dive (SSD)

check that RAM slot by putting a different RAM stick in it, if it still not detected - mbo fucked, RMA

Bought it off ebay from a guy who sold it because he couldnt get it to work with his Xeon processor and ECC Ram. So im fucked for returns. Plus it was only £250.

4 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

Bought it off ebay from a guy who sold it because he couldnt get it to work with his Xeon processor and ECC Ram. So im fucked for returns. Plus it was only £250.

you spent that much on a faulty board?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

too me it sounds like the motherboard is bad but before that check ALL conectors both PSU side and where they go side, re instert your RAM, delete and reform the drive partition and clear CMOS in whatever order you feel like but i would recomend the orded i said

I just remembered ive got 2x 512gb 850SSD's and a SM951 512gb M.2SSD and it was the m.2 i wanted to install on but i couldnt tell the difference between the 3 drives.

Fuck it, i'll install windows and hope ive installed it onto the right one. Ive a 1/3 chance.

As for the RAM, if the A1 slot really is faulty could i stick the RAM module in another slot like A2 and leave the rest in B1, C1, D1, or would I have to move them all into the A2, B2, C2, D2 slots, or would that not work?

9 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

then sell / return the 4x kitt and get a 2x kitt - I always tell people: buy the god damn 2x kitts, people

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

then sell / return the 4x kitt and get a 2x kitt - I always tell people: by the god damn 2x kitts people

I was planninh on buying 2 pairsof corsairs 32gb (2x16gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB kits, but if the A1 slot is fucked, is there even a point.

1 minute ago, BRiiTASH said:

I was planninh on buying 2 pairsof corsairs 32gb (2x16gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB kits, but if the A1 slot is fucked, is there even a point.

it should work in the other channel

the mobo already boots with a fucked slot

*UPDATW* So windows is installing i think, just waiting on it to boot. 

Going to attempt to fix this RAM fault now somehow?

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it should work in the other channel

the mobo already boots with a fucked slot

Is there going to be any performance issues running A2, B1, C1, D1. If not i may attempt this as a work around solution.

Is there going to be any performance issues running A2, B1, C1, D1. If not i may attempt this as a work around solution.

wait .. what!?

what mobo is it? model

18 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

I just remembered ive got 2x 512gb 850SSD's and a SM951 512gb M.2SSD and it was the m.2 i wanted to install on but i couldnt tell the difference between the 3 drives.

Fuck it, i'll install windows and hope ive installed it onto the right one. Ive a 1/3 chance.

take out all other drives but the one you are installing windows on, when it has to restart, power off and install the drives or let it restart and finish and then power down and install them. that way you make sure you get the right drive

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

wait .. what!?

what mobo is it? model

ASUS X99 E WS

18 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

ASUS X99 E WS

does it boot if you put the RAM in A2, B2, C2, D2?

my original assumption is that is was a dual channel board and not a quad-channel - this complicates stuff

Praise Linus, 16384MB (DDR4 2133MHZ) on BIOS finally. Now to sort out this OS again.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

does it boot if you put the RAM in A2, B2, C2, D2?

Got it to boot with em all in #1 slots fortunately.

have you figured out the problem?!

Just now, BRiiTASH said:

Now im trying to see if my OS was installed on the correct M.2 SSD.