Raspberry Pi Cannot SSH

Ryois
Go to solution Solved by brwainer,

My best guess is that something has crashed the kernel or is using 100% of the CPU, and your pings are succeeding because those are handled by a very low-level process. Have you power cycled it? (serious recommendation, not sarcastic)

Hello,

Recently I noticed I cannot SSH or access a webpage from my Raspberry Pi.

I can ping it: 

Spoiler

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 192.168.1.2

Pinging 192.168.1.2 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.2: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms

But whenever I SSH I get "Connection Refused"

Same for Chrome "192.168.1.2:32400 is unreachable ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

This server is running a Plex Media server. Plex says it cannot connect to the server.

The funny thing is I am connected to Plex from the server's ip.

they disable ssh with their latest updates so you need to connect it to a display and enable ssh in raspi-config 

1 minute ago, ssfdre38 said:

they disable ssh with their latest updates so you need to connect it to a display and enable ssh in raspi-config 

I have been able to ssh before and I haven't upgraded to that OS.

+ SSHing from the "Bash Ubuntu on Windows 10" dosent work too

Spoiler

ryois@RYOISASUS:~$ ssh 192.168.1.2
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.2 port 22: Connection refused
ryois@RYOISASUS:~$

Edited by Ryois

My best guess is that something has crashed the kernel or is using 100% of the CPU, and your pings are succeeding because those are handled by a very low-level process. Have you power cycled it? (serious recommendation, not sarcastic)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

SSH is disabled by default now. you need to manually enable it

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, brwainer said:

I am remoting rn will try

i had a rPI webserver for a while, then my ISP noticed and flooded it to the point where it crashed and closed the port lol. its still sitting under my desk with the ethernet plugged in but all other cabled removed :P i cant say i had any problems with SSH though, it all worked flawlessly

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You most likely need to power cycle it. The Raspberry Pi is extremely flaky when it comes to running 24x7. I used to use mine for network monitoring and tried every trick in the book to keep it online for more than a few days but none of them worked. I ended up having to switch to an ODroid device which has been going strong for a few months without a reboot.

-KuJoe

The Ethernet lights were Orange flashing and Green flashing. That's bad because of Orange flashing.

24 minutes ago, brwainer said:

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

4 hours ago, KuJoe said:

You most likely need to power cycle it. The Raspberry Pi is extremely flaky when it comes to running 24x7. I used to use mine for network monitoring and tried every trick in the book to keep it online for more than a few days but none of them worked. I ended up having to switch to an ODroid device which has been going strong for a few months without a reboot.

I have been running a pi for an ssh server for almost two years straight... Minus power outages, reboots, and internet going down.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?