Pc starts, but no beeps, no monitor image

Datenshi

Hello guys,

I convinced my boss to let me build my own desktop with the parts most important to my job. (i work in software support sector)

I've only build a handful of systems and obviously this one also yields an issue.

When testing the components on a Ghetto testbench and booting from the case, the fans of PSU, cpu cooler start spinning. Mobo leds fire up and when connected with ethernet cable, they also give lights. (tried that to see if it would show up on my Teamviewer account, obv not). Though when testing monitor connection through both VGA & DVI straight on the mobo, the monitors give no display and no BIOS is available to me. I'm very sure those monitors work since they're used daily in the office. I also tried plugging in the GTX 1050 and connect thru only DVI, but to no avail.

I boot from an SSD 850 EVO which comes from my old workstation with W10 installed, so i'm sure that one works aswel.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/S7Studio/saved/KmpVnQ

Anyone have any ideas what i can try next?

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

Test the monitor first. Make sure the correct input is selected as well. Remove the dedicated GPU and boot into integrated graphics. If you still aren't getting any image, read the no post topic in this section. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM! 

1. Start it.

2. turn it off

3. unplug cpu power

4. start it

5. wait 15 sec then turn off

6. plug in power for cpu

7. turn on

This worked for me, step 4 / 5 were crucial for me.

1 minute ago, AI3X said:

I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM! 

1. Start it.

2. turn it off

3. unplug cpu power

4. start it

5. wait 15 sec then turn off

6. plug in power for cpu

7. turn on

This worked for me, step 4 / 5 were crucial for me.

Don't unplug the mobo power though...

23 minutes ago, AI3X said:

Don't unplug the mobo power though...

Sorry mate, i didnt really have high hopes for this, but it didn't work for me. I took the comp home now & plugged in an ssd of my second comp, still no difference. 

I also just tried moving the RAM stick to the second slot, no diff.

59 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Test the monitor first. Make sure the correct input is selected as well. Remove the dedicated GPU and boot into integrated graphics. If you still aren't getting any image, read the no post topic in this section. 

Hello, i'm not sure if you even watched my pictures. But yes i did try to recreate those steps. It's not really helping. I'm probably by now mainly looking at the component which has likely arrived dead. Figuring that out will allow me to claim warranty.

27 minutes ago, Datenshi said:

Sorry mate, i didnt really have high hopes for this, but it didn't work for me. I took the comp home now & plugged in an ssd of my second comp, still no difference. 

I also just tried moving the RAM stick to the second slot, no diff.

Sorry, I hope you figure this out! Good luck!

58 minutes ago, AI3X said:

Sorry, I hope you figure this out! Good luck!

Thanks,

seems i'll be scrapping my moms pc for parts & start testing what works & what not.. sigh.

You're running a 7700 on a 100 series motherboard.  You need to update the BIOS first before it will even POST.

17 hours ago, Evanair said:

You're running a 7700 on a 100 series motherboard.  You need to update the BIOS first before it will even POST.

Okay that's very useful info, can you tell me how i would be update this BIOS when i can't even seem to boot it into any image?

Or does that mean just throw in a skylake first to get the update done?

3 hours ago, Datenshi said:

Or does that mean just throw in a skylake first to get the update done

I read your Motherboards manual, there isn't an option to flash without CPU like some higher end motherboards.  You will need a 1151 processor pre-7000 series.  Anything will work, so purchasing an inexpensive 2nd hand Pentium might work.

11 hours ago, Patrick3D said:

Requires BIOS 3016: https://www.asus.com/us/support/CPU/1/50/4/18/hhipmzfnyiRcLlui/C20161229152511/

You will need a SkyLake CPU to do the update.

9 hours ago, Evanair said:

I read your Motherboards manual, there isn't an option to flash without CPU like some higher end motherboards.  You will need a 1151 processor pre-7000 series.  Anything will work, so purchasing an inexpensive 2nd hand Pentium might work.

Thank you so much guys, i never woulda thought of that myself. I'll scrap my moms computer, she has an i5 6500 something. Thanks!