Can PCMasterRace be considered racist?

Go to solution Solved by Spork829,

Lol no. Even if it wasn't a joke and PCMR people refused to be friends with console players or whatever, that makes them childish assholes, not racists. Tell whoever was lecturing you they should learn a little about what they're talking about before they say it.

4 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Just ignore them.

this is literally my teacher. i might be suspended or something idk

1 minute ago, matrix07012 said:

I've heard this retarded argument before. The guy compared PCMR to white people and consoles to black people (this makes him the racist, because consoles are objectively inferior :) ).

Racism is prejudice over race/skin colour so it literally can not be considered racism make jokes solely about who plays in consoles instead of PC.

Now can this master race be a type of prejudice?, well yes if you get harsh making fun how you got more money and bought Titan XP sli and be that annoying bragging spoiled kid showing off on someone with a xbox, then yeah you are being an asshole.

Now talk to a friend how you love PC hardware is no different than car enthusiastics etc which is completely fine.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

Also infighting (AMD Nvidia murder thing)

That had nothing to do with AMD or Nvidia. It was two drunk lads that got into a disagreement.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

He/she/it/they shouldn't be teaching 

file a complaint then. get your parents involved. document, document, document, and above all, stay cordial. don't loose your cool and snap at the instructor. Bullying can work both ways.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

You can't and it's not your job to. The term 'PC Master Race" is meant to be a joke parodying the Nazi ideology but some people find those jokes to be in bad taste. Basically to some people there's very little difference in the term "PC Master Race" and a joke about the Holocaust, people can't be forced to like certain humor. All I can say is that if you want to continue using the term, understand it has a negative connotation for some people and the term was designed specifically to mirror the term coined by the Nazis.

ok, so im just gonna have to stop talking about pcmr then. yay

1458431063_Everyone-I-Don-t-Like-is-Hitler.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Also to clear up some confusion because I saw some misinformation up there

Race is not defined by skin color. It's defined by genetics.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

ok, so im just gonna have to stop talking about pcmr then. yay

If that's a legitimate problem for you then I envy your life.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

file a complaint then. get your parents involved.

It's not something that's really even that big of a deal, not worth it. 

I mean yeah the teacher is a fucking idiot. But he'll just get a warning saying hey, stop that. If he gets something more then I'd feel bad.. That's his job 

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yes, if you're completely aggressive towards console people and don't try to understand their side of the story. There are those people that mindlessly bash on console users and don't try to understand them at all. Those could be racists.

That,s not racist, racism is discriminating against someone or a group of people because of their race. The hating console players thing is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

file a complaint then. get your parents involved.

it was a speculation. she just said "if i hear this again therell be severe punishment"  or something of the like. ill just from now on call it the pc something somethiing

2 minutes ago, realSpoderman said:

That,s not racist, racism is discriminating against someone or a group of people because of their race. The hating console players thing is just stupid.

Well yeah, it's not racism, but it could be considered something akin to it. Gamerism maybe? :D 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Everything is racist in 2017. 

Rofl to this. Also if its Racist to think that PC's are better than consoles, which can be proved in many, many, many ways, then color me....colored? :D Also I am brown so I know what real racism is IRL. Everything just needs to learn to laugh and not take everything everyone says as serious.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

it was a speculation. she just said "if i hear this again therell be severe punishment"  or something of the like. ill just from now on call it the pc something somethiing

I'd say report it. If she actually intends on dealing out "severe punishment" over a topic she clearly knows nothing about then I think this needs to be brought to the attention of higher ups

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

How old are you again?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Instead of worrying about jokes about Nazis I would focus on school.

-KuJoe

Why is this even a thread? has fucking common sense totally degraded from the conceptualization of the fucking human species?

People need to grow some balls, accept shit happens, move on, together we are stronger as a SPECIES.

If we as a people put as much care into energy production, and other major world issues as we do in arguing over minor things we would have solved these problems a LONG while ago.

Instead, here we are arguing on some internet website about if a joke term is racist.

The ancestors of our respective countries must be turning in their fucking graves. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Well yeah, it's not racism, but it could be considered something akin to it. Gamerism maybe? :D 

The term is: prejudice

Personal Desktop":

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

If that's a legitimate problem for you then I envy your life.

i was joking, but it is kindof stupid

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

How old are you again?

Just now, DocSwag said:

It is just another type of discrimination like racism, but I wouldn't make the comparison because racism is an actual problem and hating on console players just means you're retarded.

saying master race anything is alluding to the nazis in a lot of peoples minds

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers