NVIDIA 1080 Ti Launch Event Countdown

Shadow Bullet
1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Probably cost you one testicle and a kidney

Well I wasn't going to buy it, I rarely even use nVIDIA hardware, but I'm always curious. Heck I still have nVIDIA subbed on Youtube, but that's about it.

If the GTX 1050ti had come out a few weeks earlier I may have possibly gone with that over the RX460, but my HD8350 needed to be replaced really badly and nVIDIA didn't mention anything in entry level at the time.

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Isn't that the current price of the 1080 already though?

1080 is $599/$699. I can see a $50 price drop like the 980 did before it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Ti $799/$899. Then again it makes me wonder if they'll try to price it that high with Vega looming. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

This gives AMD time to optimise Vega (if they're even going after the Ti/Titan XP market) silicon.

Ye ole' train

5 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

1080 is $599/$699. I can see a $50 price drop like the 980 did before it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Ti $799/$899. Then again it makes me wonder if they'll try to price it that high with Vega looming. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Doubt it, it'll cannibalise Titan XP sales if it's prices substantially lower than an XP since a Ti will get custom coolers/PCBs allowing higher overclocks and more performance (unless nVidia still puts up with that power limit BS that limits overclocks going anywhere over ~2050MHz).

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Doubt it, it'll cannibalise Titan XP sales if it's prices substantially lower than an XP since a Ti will get custom coolers/PCBs allowing higher overclocks and more performance (unless nVidia still puts up with that power limit BS that limits overclocks going anywhere over ~2050MHz).

They've done it before with the 980ti, undercutting the titan seems to be the high end ti's job

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

At this point I don't think they care too much about cannibalizing TXP sales. It would be out for ~8 months by the time the Ti comes out. 980 Ti came out just 3 months after Titan XM.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I have a 1080 already and it's more power than I need in most games at 1440p max settings. At least I have a 144hz monitor to use the extra frames I'm getting.

1080ti would be overkill in current system. Might consider when I build my 4K HTPC Superbeast if Volta isn't out by then.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

1 hour ago, Shadow Bullet said:

I bought a 1080, going to sell it to grab a 1080 Ti :D

I hope you are joking. I really never understood why people do it , with phones, with PC parts especially, every year.

Do people feel better having the greatest toy on the block, eeven if they pay more and never use the extra power or features.

I just bought a GTX 1080 and only did that cause I find it second hand off a store at 400$, and if it wasn't ASUS Strixx i wouldn't have bought it in the first place. And i don't plan on changing that for a few years, cause truth be told i don't need even that.

So seriously why do you people do it, tell me i would really like to know...-_-

1 minute ago, JamieOlive said:

I hope you are joking. I really never understood why people do it , with phones, with PC parts especially, every year.

Do people feel better having the greatest toy on the block, eeven if they pay more and never use the extra power or features.

I just bought a GTX 1080 and only did that cause I find it second hand off a store at 400$, and if it wasn't ASUS Strixx i wouldn't have bought it in the first place. And i don't plan on changing that for a few years, cause truth be told i don't need even that.

So seriously why do you people do it, tell me i would really like to know...-_-

Bragging rights

55 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

OMg omg omg omg hype!

Ryzen 1800X + Ngreedia 1080 Ti =  We%2Bre%2Bstill%2Bthe%2Bmaster%2Brace_9a4391_5030933.gif (400×178)

If only the Ryzen chip was named 1080X then you could pair it with 1080ti and play games on 1080p.

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

Yep. I'm extremely happy about that, but I still have a lingering fear that intel has something up their sleeves. there's no way they're going to take this sitting down, and if ryzen doesn't earn enough for a ryzen 2 before intel quashes it, then AMD CPUs will be in trouble.

well its seems they didn't beleive ryzen would deliver, and it takes time to react

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

It is that time of the year when nVidia makes every one who paid the overprice of the Titan X feeling bad [:

I don't think anyone that has money for Titan X feels bad they bought it ~6 months ago.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, Ryzen just stomped Intel, so they do have that just in case Vega decides to be mediocre :P

I'm rooting for amd but plz tell me how ryzen stomped intel?

'TIME' should have looked like TI ME. That would have gave me goosegumps.

OR

'TI' fades in before 'ME' and 'ME' fades out first leaving the 'TI' alone.

EDIT: Oh, 'ME' does fade first; didn't initially watch to the end.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

21 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I'm rooting for amd but plz tell me how ryzen stomped intel?

The 1800X is their highest end CPU, with 8 cores and 16 threads. From AMD's own benchmarks (as seen by all the techy channels) have shown that it can outperform the 6900k, which is Intel's 8C/16T CPU. What makes it so special? The 6900k is $1000, whereas the 1800X is $499.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, Scionyde said:

I was really hesitant to believe Nvidia would cannibalize sales of their own non-Titan flagship without action from AMD, but that 'Ti' hint really makes me wonder... I'll still probably wait for Vega though, in case some price drops are incoming. I still remember when the AMD caused Nvidia to drop their GTX 780 from $650 to $500 :/

Yea... i was kinda pissed when the 780ti came out im still rocking my 780 waiting for this or vega

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

14 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The 1800X is their highest end CPU, with 8 cores and 16 threads. From AMD's own benchmarks (as seen by all the techy channels) have shown that it can outperform the 6900k, which is Intel's 8C/16T CPU. What makes it so special? The 6900k is $1000, whereas the 1800X is $499.

benchmark or benchmarks

are those independant?

didnt amd show the same crap with fx line though on release?

all companies do that crap to hype up but can we at least wait for some well rounded independant reviews before anything is said, especially for someone that is a rep to this site?

If it's 699€ (which it isn't because that's 1080 pricing)  then RIP my 970. That POS can't handle my 4k TV nor my UWQHD. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'm guessing that people who want the Titan buy the Titan as soon as it's launched.  In my mind, you either can afford and do buy the Titan or you get an XX80 card.

eh, not like it is going to be good enough for me, but I could see 899$ as being the MSRP.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, pas008 said:

benchmark or benchmarks

are those independant?

didnt amd show the same crap with fx line though on release?

all companies do that crap to hype up but can we at least wait for some well rounded independant reviews before anything is said, especially for someone that is a rep to this site?

Linus and other techy youtubers were allowed to mess around with the testing rigs they used for the benchmarks with task manager and whatnot at the Ryzen demo. There was an all-out load test (Cinebench, handbrake and one other at the same time), Cinebench alone and battlefield 1, in all of which the 1800X beat the 6900k (and the 1700 beating the 6800k). I'm wanting to believe that those results will be reflected in independent reviews, but even if they perform 20% worse than shown, they'll still make for some very compelling CPUs.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

30 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

That's the problem right there.

Wait for legitimate benchmarks.

Ooh, I might be able to snag a second 1080. That would be a pretty baller setup, too.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.