Excited for Ryzen or not

Excited for Ryzen or not  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for AMD Ryzen processors?

• Yes, I am excited for Ryzen!
    • No, I am not
    • Meh., I am in the middle

I was hoping for a cheap $150 cpu, and they are all around $400. Not affordable.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

2 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

I was hoping for a cheap $150 cpu, and they are all around $400. Not affordable.

Still better than Intel $1000 CPUs. I don't think the cheaper ones are going to launch yet. 

1 minute ago, BloodyWaters said:

Still better than Intel $1000 CPUs. I don't think the cheaper ones are going to launch yet. 

It is but for the people with other priorities its not good. Plus the motherboards and ram (Upgrading from FX) it could easily be a $800 upgrade.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

5 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Yeah, I know

Hello, I like computers

1 hour ago, nobiggieBIG said:

It is but for the people with other priorities its not good. Plus the motherboards and ram (Upgrading from FX) it could easily be a $800 upgrade.

Still better than intel since the mainstream chipset supports overclocking.

I have to admit, that I'll be more excited once third party benchmarks and reviews are released in a couple of weeks... That'll be the point in which we will know if Intel is going to get a kick to their rear and have to do work again or not.

3 hours ago, jappypack said:

Still better than intel since the mainstream chipset supports overclocking.

Does that matter if they don't overclock? You'll need that 370 board, so you don't really save anything. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

48 minutes ago, App4that said:

Does that matter if they don't overclock? You'll need that 370 board, so you don't really save anything. 

There is also the B350 and X300 (Mini-ITX) boards that will support overclocking.  These boards will probably not overclock as well as the X370 since they look like they have less VRMs and less capacity to keep the VRMs cool, but it should be interesting to see what all the benchmarks and configs people are able to make.

29 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

There is also the B350 and X300 (Mini-ITX) boards that will support overclocking.  These boards will probably not overclock as well as the X370 since they look like they have less VRMs and less capacity to keep the VRMs cool, but it should be interesting to see what all the benchmarks and configs people are able to make.

Already been said they won't overclock well, the B350 and X300. Gamer Nexus covered that. 

Ryzen is being hyped as a production CPU, when the vast majority of people don't do production. Most people game, yet no gaming benchmarks. 

6 hours ago, nobiggieBIG said:

there will be cheaper CPUSs coming later :)

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

Already been said they won't overclock well, the B350 and X300. Gamer Nexus covered that. 

Ryzen is being hyped as a production CPU, when the vast majority of people don't do production. Most people game, yet no gaming benchmarks. 

AMD did Battlefield 1

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, Mihle said:

AMD did Battlefield 1

You mean the time they used a Titan X and had hitching issues? 

Please try and understand manufactur benchmarks do not matter, they all lie. We need 3rd party benchmarks. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

You mean the time they used a Titan X and had hitching issues? 

Please try and understand manufactur benchmarks do not matter, they all lie. We need 3rd party benchmarks. 

What hitching?

AMD benchmarks didnt lie about Polaris, they was just selective :)

I know third party benchmarks is the thing, I dont need to understand something I already know :)

Its just that you said:

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Most people game, yet no gaming benchmarks. 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

What hitching?

AMD benchmarks didnt lie about Polaris, they was just selective :)

I know third party benchmarks is the thing, I dont need to understand something I already know :)

Its just that you said:

You do know what a benchmark is, verses gameplay footage right? 

For a benchmark you need all the specs of the test bench, the OS, the version of the game, and the settings used. You also need at least the fps, but idealy also the frametime and frame pacing. 

At the New Horizons press release the 1800x playing Battlefield 1 had pretty bad hittching issues. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You do know what a benchmark is, verses gameplay footage right? 

For a benchmark you need all the specs of the test bench, the OS, the version of the game, and the settings used. You also need at least the fps, but idealy also the frametime and frame pacing. 

At the New Horizons press release the 1800x playing Battlefield 1 had pretty bad hittching issues. 

Yes I know what benchmark is.

you cant really call it a benchmark, you are right, my mistake, but still.
you do not need to know what the version of the game is, as long as it is the same in the two tests.

They showed the battlefield 1 setup today too :)
I havent looked that much in to it :)

-Stephen Hawking

2 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Yes I know what benchmark is.

you cant really call it a benchmark, you are right, my mistake, but still.
you do not need to know what the version of the game is, as long as it is the same in the two tests.

They showed the battlefield 1 setup today too :)
I havent looked that much in to it :)

The game version and driver version is some of the most important information. That's how biased site load the dice to get the outcome the fans want, and how AMD, Intel, and Nvidia cheat.

The game version and driver version is some of the most important information. That's how biased site load the dice to get the outcome the fans want, and how AMD, Intel, and Nvidia cheat.

I understand driver version, but game?

-Stephen Hawking

I understand driver version, but game?

Commonly called builds they impact when a game was optimized. The vast majority of games shipped unoptimized, and through customer feedback and other work are improved over time. Fallout 4 is an excelent example of this. I could make a 1060 look better than a Fury X. 

So any benchmark that ignores that, I have to ignore. 

I'm excited for it dropping on the doormat in seven days, yes...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

I built my PC in November 2016, so even if I am excited for Ryzen, I don't have the opportunity anymore. :$

Even though I have a non-K Intel i7 in my build, my gaming GPU is RX480, and plan to have an AMD workstation GPU.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

1 minute ago, Aereto_Compuru said:

I built my PC in November 2016, so even if I am excited for Ryzen, I don't have the opportunity anymore. :$

Even though I have a non-K Intel i7 in my build, my gaming GPU is RX480, and plan to have an AMD workstation GPU.

Cool

Hello, I like computers

20 minutes ago, rjfaber91 said:

I'm excited for it dropping on the doormat in seven days, yes...

Please tell me you didn't? You realize pre ordering hardware is one of the seven horns that signal the end of our hobby? Right?

Please tell me you didn't? You realize pre ordering hardware is one of the seven horns that signal the end of our hobby? Right?

Now I'm curious what the other six are... :P 

I'm afraid to say I did, yes. Then again, I'm coming from a Phenom II, so regardless of what post-launch benchmarks might conclude, Ryzen will represent a major improvement for me either way. In that knowledge, I was fine with preordering, even though I ordinarily would be very cautious with that just like you are.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --