Unlocking an iPhone 6 (T-Mobile)

AlanAlan

How can I unlock an iphone 6 for cheap? I want to use it on AT&T. I was looking online and some services are $90 USD.

In holland it is regulated by law that it is unlockable for free by the original profider. you can ask the profider where it is locked at?

With some companies you can do it for free online, but some you have to pay for. See if there is a page on a

AT&T's website for it. Worked for me.

4G phones by law aren't locked. The rom chip might be, but that's it. All you literally have to do is swap the sim card. 

TMobile and ATT use the same type of network, this makes it even easier. If you were switching it to Sprint or Verizon, things are mote difficult. Thing is, iPhone 6's and higher have the best broad compatibility where even Sprint or Verizon will work with a simple sim swap. 

People who "unlock"  4G phones are scammers. The phone itself has to work with the carrier's band--if it doesn't have that particular band, not amount of "unlocking" will make it work. This is why you see unlocked versions of the same phone for global and US--it's because carrier's like Verizon use CDMA while the rest of the world is GSM. 

12 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

4G phones by law aren't locked. The rom chip might be, but that's it. All you literally have to do is swap the sim card. 

TMobile and ATT use the same type of network, this makes it even easier. If you were switching it to Sprint or Verizon, things are mote difficult. Thing is, iPhone 6's and higher have the best broad compatibility where even Sprint or Verizon will work with a simple sim swap. 

People who "unlock"  4G phones are scammers. The phone itself has to work with the carrier's band--if it doesn't have that particular band, not amount of "unlocking" will make it work. This is why you see unlocked versions of the same phone for global and US--it's because carrier's like Verizon use CDMA while the rest of the world is GSM. 

No, I want to unlock so I can use it internationally when traveling.

20 minutes ago, JPotze said:

In holland it is regulated by law that it is unlockable for free by the original profider. you can ask the profider where it is locked at?

15 minutes ago, Wrb said:

With some companies you can do it for free online, but some you have to pay for. See if there is a page on a

AT&T's website for it. Worked for me.

I checked on T Mobile and they do unlocking but I am not a customer anymore.

3 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

No, I want to unlock so I can use it internationally when traveling.

It's a 4G gsm device. You just sim swap.  There is no unlocking for an iPhone 6 to work internationally, it's already capable. 

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

It's a 4G gsm device. You just sim swap.  There is no unlocking for an iPhone 6 to work internationally, it's already capable. 

Wait so I can just put in a gsm international sim into the iPhone and it will work?

On 2/22/2017 at 10:32 AM, AlanAlan said:

How can I unlock an iphone 6 for cheap? I want to use it on AT&T. I was looking online and some services are $90 USD.

If your on T Mobile US then some devices you can unlock through you My T Mobile Account page. Or you can call T Mobile Customer service. As long as the Device is paid off they should unlock it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.