External HD for an ipad

so this summer i'm going to sea for a month and a half with no internet access. I am not allowed to being a laptop but i am allowed a tablet. I own an iPad mini 2 (works great) and a Western Digital 2TB external drive. i want to be able to bring movies and shows with me. I was curious if there was a way to make them work together with dongles or apps or some other way i didn't think of. preferable without jail breaking because if there is an issue i can not reset the ipad.

I do not think there is a way to do this with or without Jailbreaking your IPad. IPads are not "compatible" with USB styled devices. As far as I know the WD 2TB external drive does not include a built in wifi module which is the only way for an IPad to import/export data from your external drive to your IPad.

On the side note, Im surprised the WD external drive you have is still working. WD drives are known to break down very quickly.

the drive is new and not been used but a minimal amount. is there any sort of adapter i can connect to the hard drive to make it wireless