Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DocSwag

AMD Ryzen HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Hmm I think the i7 6800K is pretty much irrelevant now, 6 more threads at the same clocks from the Ryzen 7 1700X and 50 USD less! If the IPC gains hold it's pretty much dead at that price.

It is not just 50USD, think MOBOs will be much cheaper, and you want buy that much ram cause it is dual channel, could be 80-120 US easily and if the resultd are real well Intel, I am waiting your response.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing that concerns me is AMD is allowing preorders but no reviews until March 2nd. If they were confident in their product, why no reviews now?

 

I guess the saying goes, wait for benchmarks.


CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Intel responds:

 

Update Feb 22 @ 4:27am: An official Intel spokesman did respond to today's AMD news with the following:

Quote:
“We take any competition seriously but as we’ve learned, consumers usually take a ‘wait and see’ approach on performance claims for untested products. 7th Gen Intel® Core™ delivers the best experiences, and with 8th Gen Intel Core and new technologies like Intel® Optane™ memory coming soon, Intel will not stop raising the bar.” ­
 

That is some grade A BS-ery right there. Either they have a devious plan or (hopefully) are freaking the hell out


Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Only thing that concerns me is AMD is allowing preorders but no reviews until March 2nd. If they were confident in their product, why no reviews now?

 

I guess the saying goes, wait for benchmarks.

they are probably giving all the reviewers cpus now at the event but are giving them some time to do reviews that way its not a race to see who can release a review video the fastest. i would say that preordering the 8 core wouldn't be a bad decision if you are in need of that may cores see as the intel equivalent is twice as expensive not factoring in the motherboard costs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

That is some grade A BS-ery right there. Either they have a devious plan or (hopefully) are freaking the hell out

If anything, they notice. And hopefully that will make Intel push harder. :) I hope so bad that AMD pulls through. The industry needs it. But, I'll remain skeptical until reviews are out.


CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Only thing that concerns me is AMD is allowing preorders but no reviews until March 2nd. If they were confident in their product, why no reviews now?

 

I guess the saying goes, wait for benchmarks.

To give reviewers a fair chance. You'll see articles and videos going up simultaneously. The NDA prevents "first!" mentality. And the pre-order thing is optional. My go-to shops don't have any pre-orders up for instance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

To give reviewers a fair chance. You'll see articles and videos going up simultaneously. The NDA prevents "first!" mentality. And the pre-order thing is optional. My go-to shops don't have any pre-orders up for instance.

 

Makes sense. At least it gives them a chance to test the most they can in the given time and hopefully give true initial reviews and results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

To give reviewers a fair chance. You'll see articles and videos going up simultaneously. The NDA prevents "first!" mentality. And the pre-order thing is optional. My go-to shops don't have any pre-orders up for instance.

I don't think he's arguing against the NDA, but rather he's wondering why the NDA isn't lifting sooner. However, I believe the rumor is that the NDA lifts on Feb 28, before the March 2nd release? Personally, I think that as long as the NDA lifts sometime before release, that's perfectly fine.

 

So until that NDA lifts, remember: No preorders. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is all true, I might build an AMD System.

 

 

First time ever I'll own an AMD system. :o 

 

 

 

 


CPU: i5 4690 |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 20" Dell  | OS: Win 10 Pro

 

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer | Neewer® NW-700 Microphone | Behringer PS400 Micropower Phantom Power Supply

 

Networking gear:  Dell OptiPlex 390 Domain Controller | Dell PowerEdge R210 II Exchange 2016 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5505 VPN  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ.

Those prices are absurd. I was hoping for a $750-800 8-core part, but they're pushing one out for $330?!

I'm really excited to see how this stuff performs, because that's insane.


"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Jesus Christ.

Those prices are absurd. I was hoping for a $750-800 8-core part, but they're pushing one out for $330?!

I'm really excited to see how this stuff performs, because that's insane.

why would you hope for a higher price?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

XFR range of just 100 MHz? Seems a little low innit?

I was wondering that too, hopefully it's not an indicator that the silicon is already close to it's frequency limits :P


MSc Advanced Computer Science

B.Eng. EE Engineering

I ❤️ Data

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been an I7 guy however with the common argument being an i5 is fine and many people hanging onto sandy bridge for years there really shouldn't be much problem with zen performing adequately? Unless that predictor instruction set just goes balls up or issues with pcie lanes the chipset should work fine as a vehicle for graphics cards getting the work done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is amazing i have no idea what intel will do pricing wise after this and am very intrigued to find out. Now i just want to see the full mobo lineup and lets get this show on the road already. 


Video drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

I don't think he's arguing against the NDA, but rather he's wondering why the NDA isn't lifting sooner. However, I believe the rumor is that the NDA lifts on Feb 28, before the March 2nd release? Personally, I think that as long as the NDA lifts sometime before release, that's perfectly fine.

 

So until that NDA lifts, remember: No preorders. ;)

What I said is why the NDA isn't lifting sooner. Let's assume reviewers have had samples for less than a week right now. Some reviewers like Anandtech do like 15 pages of in-depth analysis. They need more time. The NDA gives them the opportunity to avoid being left behind by a YouTuber doing a 5 minute video that took a couple of hours to put together.

 

NDA lifts March 2nd on launch day. It's pretty standard these days. AMD has an event on February 28th but I think it's more Vega related than anything else (as far as actual news goes). It's not like the NDA lifts a week after launch day. The reviews are available before you purchase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

XFR range of just 100 MHz? Seems a little low innit?

I believe that's just the guaranteed turbo but it works like GPU Boost on Pascal: The actual clock will be way, way higher than that but since it depends on cooling solution they do not commit to sell it as a "4.8 ghz" chip and instead expect the cooling solution to determine that ceiling.


-------

Current Rig

-------

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when Ryzen 3 series are to come out? I'll be building a budget PC in the next few weeks so, if you have any clue, please let me know !

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

What I said is why the NDA isn't lifting sooner. Let's assume reviewers have had samples for less than a week right now. Some reviewers like Anandtech do like 15 pages of in-depth analysis. They need more time. The NDA gives them the opportunity to avoid being left behind by a YouTuber doing a 5 minute video that took a couple of hours to put together.

 

NDA lifts March 2nd on launch day. It's pretty standard these days. AMD has an event on February 28th but I think it's more Vega related than anything else (as far as actual news goes). It's not like the NDA lifts a week after launch day. The reviews are available before you purchase.

Even with NDA you can see the difference between the Linus video and Paul sitting on his hotel room reading off his notes from a piece of paper and stumbling through it.


-------

Current Rig

-------

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Prysin said:

look at you all. Swarming around this as if it is the second coming of christ.... Oh how you all going to be disappointed in due time.

I expect it to be close to intels offerings at a lower price.

 

Where is disappoint? AMD is god. Ryzen is christ. Vega is holy ghost. Praise be upon thee


Main PC:  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM: Amd R9 Gamer 32gb 2400mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF X Case | Storage: Amd R7 480gb, 2x Crucial M500 240gb, Toshiba 5TB | PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 1200 | CPU: Amd FX-9590 | GPU: Asus Amd Fury X | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Razer Leviathan | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Display: Dell u3415w | Cooling: Apogee XL, Heatkiller Fury X w/ Back Plate, 720mm Rad

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I expect it to be close to intels offerings at a lower price.

 

Where is disappoint? AMD is god. Ryzen is christ. Vega is holy ghost. Praise be upon thee

amen to that. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tenchev said:

Any idea when Ryzen 3 series are to come out? I'll be building a budget PC in the next few weeks so, if you have any clue, please let me know !

Some people have stated march 2nd (citing AMD said they would launch all sku's at once) others have said it would be later into march/april. 

9 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The most important question is: IS IT HOT??

Well with a 8 core that has a 65w TDP, probably not


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×