AMD Ryzen HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

DocSwag
9 minutes ago, nhatlam96 said:

its a bit off topic but...
22 days ago I bought RX 480 for 250 euro. so far I am pleased with the performance. but I wonder if it will last the next 2,5 years.
I am planning to get the gtx 1070 for 400 euro, is it worth the price? or should I wait for amd vega so the prices will maybe drop?

If you are pleased with your 480 then don't buy a new graphics card.

Buying a graphics card today, because you want it to last longer, is a really bad idea.

Just save your 400 dollars until you actually want/need to upgrade. When that time comes, you will most likely end up with a far better card than the 1070/Vega.

You should always buy the performance you need, when you need it. Don't buy performance today that you don't need, just because you might want it in the future.

So much salt, I think Bonneville will be out of business at this rate. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

29 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You should always buy the performance you need, when you need it. Don't buy performance today that you don't need, just because you might want it in the future.

^^this^^^

I have a 970 and while I'd love to upgrade to a 1060/1070, I'm only running at 1080p 144hz so it's just fine for now (technically I'm only getting around 100fps in most games but still)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

44 minutes ago, nhatlam96 said:

its a bit off topic but...
22 days ago I bought RX 480 for 250 euro. so far I am pleased with the performance. but I wonder if it will last the next 2,5 years.
I am planning to get the gtx 1070 for 400 euro, is it worth the price? or should I wait for amd vega so the prices will maybe drop?

if your playing at 1080p 60hz  probably not a huge point  if you want to play at 144hz or 1440p then yeah id say go for it otherwise you might as well use this one since the moneys spent and wait till you need another.  

1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

-snip-

I'm pretty sure 1.42v is fine, 1.5v is when you start to have problems.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I have a question. I saw a couple of mobos having dvi and hdmi on them, I thought ryzen didn't have a gpu in it, so why do some of the mobos have dvi and hdmi out on them?

Look at Gigabyte's gaming mobo for example.

1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

You are going to kill your cpu at that voltage unless you go sub ambient

1.4v is totally fine on Kaby lake. Anything under 1.45v is considered safe as long as you have good cooling. A 240 AIO is more than enough for 1.4v on Kaby lake.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, Darth Revan said:

I have a question. I saw a couple of mobos having dvi and hdmi on them, I thought ryzen didn't have a gpu in it, so why do some of the mobos have dvi and hdmi out on them?

Look at Gigabyte's gaming mobo for example.

Because AMD is building a unified platform where future Zen-based APUs will also be on the AM4 socket, so mobo's have display outputs for them. No more AM3+ and FM1, just AM4.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Because AMD is building a unified platform where future Zen-based APUs will also be on the AM4 socket, so mobo's have display outputs for them. No more AM3+ and FM1, just AM4.

Ok. Thanks.

2 hours ago, nhatlam96 said:

guys I dont know if I have make mistake or not.
22 days ago I bought: cpu i5 6600k, mainboard z170-a and ddr4 ram.
I still have 3-4 days left to give those 3 things back.

what I do:

I play games, record gameplay, edit with sony vegas, render with megui and upload to youtube.

I want to buy a cpu for sth like 250 euro. Will amd ryzen 5 be around that price? Is it worth to wait?

As someone blatantly hyped for ZEN, I think you're fine unless you plan to do all of that at the same time. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

rumor has it the desktop Zen CPUs won't have ECC memory support at all

this will be quite odd considering Intel's Pentiums have ECC support 

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

How often do you use ECC for Desktop and gaming rigs? ECC is mainly server based, and as far as I'm aware, this isn't the server oriented CPU.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

How often do you use ECC for Desktop and gaming rigs? ECC is mainly server based, and as far as I'm aware, this isn't the server oriented CPU.

gaming rigs?!

it's about workstation, all this time AMD's marking has pointed out how much better their CPUs are at rendering and other task - those are workstation workloads not gaming rigs

I bet you, people with workstation would want ECC RAM

gaming rigs?!

it's about workstation, all this time AMD's marking has pointed out how much better their CPUs are at rendering and other task - those are workstation workloads not gaming rigs

I bet you, people with workstation would want ECC RAM

Um yes it does Go to Gigabyte or Asus and look up mobo specs for x370 its listed right in memory compatibility that it supports ECC.

19 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Rumor has it that you are wrong. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.asus.com/gr/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/specifications/

Digging deep into the anti-AMD barrel this time around, aren't you?

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Just now, JDMFTW said:

Um yes it does Go to Gigabyte or Asus and look up mobo specs for x370 its listed right in memory compatibility that it supports ECC.

Just now, MageTank said:

Rumor has it that you are wrong. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.asus.com/gr/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/specifications/

Was gonna say something but I think zMeul has me on ignore.

23 minutes ago, zMeul said:

What rumor is that? Literally unheard of so far. All rumors suggest Ryzen will support ECC on desktop.

"But Intel pentium got it!!!" - and you refrain from putting the information that Intel gimp it on all their core processors (including extreme editions).

So the pentium is the quite odd one.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Below is the only link I can find that says no ecc. Every other link I find says it does.

At best it was likely the chipset that guy used. At worst its a lie. At middle range its a beta bios and ecc wasnt implemented yet.

http://www.realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=165321&curpostid=165369

12 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

+ @goodtofufriday

https://www.servethehome.com/amd-ryzen-7-parts-available-for-pre-order-now/

We did ask about a potential single socket Ryzen/ Zen part with ECC memory support and were told that AMD was not announcing such a product at this time alongside the Ryzen/ Zen launch.

2 hours ago, cj09beira said:

You are going to kill your cpu at that voltage unless you go sub ambient

2 hours ago, cj09beira said:

I mean it will stop being able to clock that high

It's good to see folks just making shit up as they go.  It shows that we're free to say whatever we want whether we can support our claims or not.  It's a great world we live in!

Besides that I dont see anything else that claims no ecc. However, I will admit to finding that ASUS' old specs page for the x370 pro listed ECC support, and now it doesnt.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.asus.com/gr/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/specifications/ - cahced old page

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/specifications/ - current page

5 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

People say February 28th or March 2nd. It's one of those two. I hope for the former one, but I doubt it.

No matter what of those two, that is too close to release imho. I was really hoping that they would come earlier than that

30 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Ehm...

I don't want to get into the whole "Ryzen supports/doesn't support ECC!" because quite frankly I don't care (I am not going to get ECC memory anyway). But I found it odd that you linked to a Google cache version of the website. So I went and looked at Asus's own website (not the cached version you linked) and it explicitly only lists non-ECC RAM.

So the website you linked contains outdated information which is most likely wrong, since Asus changed it.

I find it odd that you would look up an old page with outdated info and post that, instead of the current one. If it was someone else posting that link I would have said you were deliberately trying to mislead people in order to hype Ryzen. But since you have been reasonable so far with your opinions I just find it very odd.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So the website you linked contains outdated information which is most likely wrong, since Asus changed it.

I wonder why they changed it - the cached version was being passed around on Reddit since the page wasn't working, but I guess now we know why it wasn't working. Guess the motherboard isn't supporting ECC.

I wonder if the CPUs support it at all, unless AMD is going to only have the Zen-based Opterons or something support it.

I like how the CPUs look so far, but the current motherboards you can buy are bad, the best board is a mainstream board, where are the high quality 400$ boards? I will not buy a 1700x when the best board I can get is some mainstream shit to go with what is an enthusiast CPU. I am fine with the best board being a Hero when we talk 1600x and down, but not for the 1700,1700x and 1800x.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.