AMD Ryzen HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

DocSwag

looks like my 6660k after almost 1.5 years maybe sold for the lowest 8 core ryzen and then oced like crazy. well looks like I will only be getting 250$ for my board+CPU

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

This is what I was trying to say^^^

Ok then.  Maybe specifying that early on would have helped. ;)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

There were a lot of leaks about versions in the $100-$300 range.  Were those all just wrong, or are there more models lined up?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

For the record, ive seen people say AMD peeps are salty, when really most of use readily admit FX was alright at best. 

But the past few days ive never seen so much salt from intel peeps. Its like people are desperately trying to justify their expensive purchase. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

4 hours ago, Dietrichw said:

From Austin Evan's video which was taken down ;) showed LN2 overclockers getting 5.15 GHz on all 8 cores if I remember correctly. This shows hope for lower core count parts with lower TDP will be able to get above 4 GHz on air unless the chip in the video was very cherry picked to OC that much.

That is a prerelease beta BIOS with no updates. You can expect much better performance/stability a short time after release.

33 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

No it didnt, it per clock performed terribly compared to broadwell

I wouldn't say it's terrible compared to Broadwell. The single thread of the 1800x is about the same as the 6900k in single threaded benchmarks and since it's higher clocked I'd say Zen is around Haswell or so IPC. First of all, though, AMD showed that the 1800x beats the 6900k in multi threaded benchmarks, which shows AMD scales better in multi-core performance, which helps, and second of all, Zen is higher clocked. IPC doesn't matter if clock speeds are high and TDP is still reasonable. Afterall, performance is a function of IPC*clock speed* cores, so if IPC is lower if the clock speed is higher it's still fine. Zen seems to have higher clocks than Broadwell which makes up for the IPC differences and if it overclocks decently then it doesn't matter much.

The 1800x was probably running at around 4ghz in the Cinebench run and the 6900k probably at it's max boost of 3.7 ghz. They had the same single threaded performance so then 4ghz*Zen IPC = 3.7ghz*Broadwell IPC and we find Broadwell is only about 8% ahead in IPC in single threaded performance on Cinebench. Quite decent if you ask me. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Welp just ordered me a 1700X and ASRock X370 Killer SLI. almost 900 bucks lighter. The Canadian dollar is really shit these days....

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

There were a lot of leaks about versions in the $100-$300 range.  Were those all just wrong, or are there more models lined up?

Probably lined up. Since the cheapest 8 core is $330 I presume the 6 and 4 cores will be cheaper and so <$300. They just haven't been released yet.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TigerHawk said:

Welp just ordered me a 1700X and ASRock X370 Killer SLI. almost 900 bucks lighter. The Canadian dollar is really shit these days....

Honestly if I were you I woulda waited for launch day just in case it overclocks like shite but whatevs, either away it's probably a good purchase ;)

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, TigerHawk said:

You topped me. I got the 1700 this morning. I am holding off on the motherboard. Do you mind sharing why you chose that one?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Honestly if I were you I woulda waited for launch day just in case it overclocks like shite but whatevs, either away it's probably a good purchase ;)

My system is old and in need of updating anyways. I need a lot of cores cause I run 4-5 VMs for school. I wasn't gonna get that with a regular i7 and if I went X99 I would of ended up paying more for less cores. Cheapest X99 board is like borderline 400 moose dollars.

Honestly judging by how many people I've heard that might get Ryzen AMD's gonna have huge profits for Q1 2017. I have one friend who was talking about jumping from his 6600k to a 1700x and another is building a new PC and will probably use a 1700. And then there's all of you who are preordering.

Now I'm really glad I bought some AMD stock last year in February for $1.81.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Honestly judging by how many people I've heard that might get Ryzen AMD's gonna have huge profits for Q1 2017. I have one friend who was talking about jumping from his 6600k to a 1700x and another is building a new PC and will probably use a 1700. And then there's all of you who are preordering.

Honestly I wouldn't even consider jumping from haswell or later hardware for Ryzen. There won't be much of a performance boost if any at all unless you do massive amounts of multi-threaded work. If you've got ivy bridge or older, or heaven forbid an old FX chip its def worth the upgrade though.

Provided the "benchmarks" we've seen hold up.

Hey good news Vega is around the corner too so hold onto that stock till after Vega is released. I was thinking of investing but I didn't have any extra money for that.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

11 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

But the past few days ive never seen so much salt from intel peeps. Its like people are desperately trying to justify their expensive purchase. 

Yeah, like in the Troubleshooting forums "Helps, my $1,500 won't post!", like the dollar value means anything.

Awesome, I can performance like Intel, and still be able to feed my family and pay bills? Hell yes, let's do it.

3 minutes ago, TigerHawk said:

Honestly I wouldn't even consider jumping from haswell or later hardware for Ryzen. There won't be much of a performance boost if any at all unless you do massive amounts of multi-threaded work. If you've got ivy bridge or older, or heaven forbid an old FX chip its def worth the upgrade though.

The one getting the 1700 though was gonna do a large upgrade. He already has a 4790k and is building two new systems, one for himself, one for his brother, and one just as a family PC while recycling some of the components. He originally was gonna use a 4790k in his system and get a 4460 or something for his brother's but now it's worth it to get a 1700 and use the 4790k in the secondary build.

As for the other guy I'm not sure. Maybe he streams so idk. Though yeah, I agree that there's no need to upgrade from a haswell or later i5 or i7 unless you really need more cores.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Hey good news Vega is around the corner too so hold onto that stock till after Vega is released. I was thinking of investing but I didn't have any extra money for that.

Yeah man. I invested 100 shares and have already made over $1000! I'm really happy with that investment and I'm really hoping it'll reach as high as it did in the Athlon days ($40, I would be making almost $4000 if that happens!).

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, TigerHawk said:

I have one of those shitty FX chips and have been waiting awhile to upgrade to Ryzen. So I bit the bullet and pre-ordered a 1700 this morning.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

The one getting the 1700 though was gonna do a large upgrade. He already has a 4790k and is building two new systems, one for himself, one for his brother, and one just as a family PC while recycling some of the components. He originally was gonna use a 4790k in his system and get a 4460 or something for his brother's but now it's worth it to get a 1700 and use the 4790k in the secondary build.

As for the other guy I'm not sure. Maybe he streams so idk. Though yeah, I agree that there's no need to upgrade from a haswell or later i5 or i7 unless you really need more cores.

Yeah I'm looking forward to being able to stream some space engineers. I play it maxed out at 1440p with my 980 ti but it eats the heck out of my 3570k @ even 4.5ghz and streaming dropped frames like heck unless I dropped quality to potato, or my frames took a big hit if I let my GPU do it.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I have one of those shitty FX chips and have been waiting awhile to upgrade to Ryzen. So I bit the bullet and per-ordered a 1700 this morning.

The really neat thing though is now with Ryzen and Vega/1080ti coming soon a system that cost $2500-$3000 or so (5960x+980ti in 2015) 1 1/2 years ago you could now get for $1500. The price drops are HUGE. I can only imagine the huge amounts of people this could benefit.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I have one of those shitty FX chips and have been waiting awhile to upgrade to Ryzen. So I bit the bullet and pre-ordered a 1700 this morning.

Aye man. Im on a 9590. I didnt believe in the heat. 

Why didnt i listen. Lol. 1800x in an itx case. Im waiting in vega so while this is hype, i cant even enjoy it yet. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

To think that in 2015, I paid this for my i7 4790K not including $55 postage (as a replacement for an i5 4440):
cost of my 4790K.PNG

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Fuck it. If AMD pulls through in gaming+productivity benchmarks, my friend can have my 4790K+the rest of my DDR3.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It makes me really sad and depressed to see so many people pre-ordering.

This forum often prides itself in not pre-ordering a game for like 60 dollars, but pre-ordering a motherboard and CPU for 600 dollars, despite not having a single third party (aka trustworthy) benchmark to look at?

Pure idiocy. It is really that hard to just wait a week and see what the performance is like before throwing money at your screens?

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

No it didnt, it per clock performed terribly compared to broadwell

First of all, the IPC is basically identical to broadwell.

Second of all, it performs exactly as well as they said it would. I really don't see what your point is at all.