Asus motherboard VRM & PCH temperature spikes

Hey guys.

I've sent a message to Asus support, but they take ages to reply.

My motherboard is "Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha"

As you can see in the photo, the PCH and VRM max temperatures are very high (also the VRM min temp is 9'C)!

If someone could let me know if they are having the same issue, and / or what you suggest I do?

Also if Asus do come back to me and say it's a hardware fault and they want to replace the board, do I have to send the board back to them before they send me a new one? As I really don't want to be without my PC.

I have checked and compared the temperature readings across programs and they are the same.

(Note: ignore the high core temperatures, I was messing with speedfan. The VRM and PCH issue existed before I was using speedfan)f4k19e.jpgNOTE: Temperatures are in 'C

8 minutes ago, Benb96 said:

Hey guys.

I've sent a message to Asus support, but they take ages to reply.

My motherboard is "Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha"

As you can see in the photo, the PCH and VRM max temperatures are very high (also the VRM min temp is 9'C)!

If someone could let me know if they are having the same issue, and / or what you suggest I do?

Also if Asus do come back to me and say it's a hardware fault and they want to replace the board, do I have to send the board back to them before they send me a new one? As I really don't want to be without my PC.

I have checked and compared the temperature readings across programs and they are the same.

(Note: ignore the high core temperatures, I was messing with speedfan. The VRM and PCH issue existed before I was using speedfan)f4k19e.jpgNOTE: Temperatures are in 'C

120º on vrm isnt a that of a problem, thou that pch temp is

we need more info, case, cpu, cpu frequency, what cooler are you using, how many fans you have, and where they are

2 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

we need more info, case, cpu, cpu frequency, what cooler are you using, how many fans you have, and where they are

Case: Corsair 750D

CPU: i7-6700k @4.5GHz with 1.35 volts:S

Cooler: Fractal Desigh S36 (360mm rad)

Fans: One 120mm rear (exhaust), 3x120mm on rad (push), 2x140mm front (intake)

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC

check if you can update your bios, i just remembered that some boards were putting too much voltage on some chips,

it that doesnt help try reseting the bios, to see if it helps, 

I had the issue before I updated the bios to the latest and I still have the issue. Regardless of whether it's the bios or not, if temperatures reached that high, surely the motherboard would stop working instantly?

6 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

check if you can update your bios, i just remembered that some boards were putting too much voltage on some chips,

it that doesnt help try reseting the bios, to see if it helps, 

Just seen a bios update which came out a couple of days ago. I'll update and get back

vrms can take 150º, but the rest of the components have there max lower than that.