Any word on miniITX AM4 motherboards

So I have been planning to build a miniITX build, but I have been waiting for Zen to come out first. Does anyone have any idea on how long miniITX board will take to pop up in the market based on past launches? I haven't seen any high end ITX AM4 motherboards shown yet which is kinda of a bad indication as I don't want to wait till May-June.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Holy shit please please please please...BRING BACK MITX FOR AMD.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Sadly so far, mini-ITX has been somewhat exclusive to Intel for some reason, I was wondering a while ago what it would cost to make an AM3+ based mini-ITX, to my shock, only some unknown brand made a board so far that is extremely hard to get... I hope this won't stay that way...

I haven't seen anything yet.

1 minute ago, Mina Darsh said:

Sadly so far, mini-ITX has been somewhat exclusive to Intel for some reason, I was wondering a while ago what it would cost to make an AM3+ based mini-ITX, to my shock, only some unknown brand made a board so far that is extremely hard to get... I hope this won't stay that way...

Am3 never got mitx because the Tdp too high asnd AMD belived Mini-Itx was for products with igpus(Intel belives this too)

My life

I hope it will happen, but it's simply harder because of the size of the CPU cooler mount and socket area. Chances are if you get a mini-ITX solution it'll be somewhat lacklustre in features. But I will go to war if there's no X370 chipset micro-ATX board.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 hour ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

I hope it will happen, but it's simply harder because of the size of the CPU cooler mount and socket area. 

Well we got miniITX X99 boards even with this things socket size!

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Mina Darsh said:

For AM3+ it was rather obvious, too much of a bad TDP.

Pascal laptops guide

47 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Well we got miniITX X99 boards even with this things socket size!

But it used the server cooler mount, which is rectangular instead of quadratic. The AM3/AM4 mount is still more restrictive.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Wasn't x300 designed for sff pcs with overclocking?

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

21 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

Wasn't x300 designed for sff pcs with overclocking?

I think so yes: http://hothardware.com/news/amd-announces-x300-and-x370-am4-motherboards-for-ryzen

I'm just wondering when are they coming. I HATE WAITING :(

Pascal laptops guide

One interesting thing I noticed, it seems we only have a enthusiast and essential SFF platform but no mainstream one unlike intel (miniITX H170 boards).

Pascal laptops guide

So far, BioStar is the only x370 company making the mITX for thr am4.  

Last time I read anything about mITX was at the end if Janurary.  From the looks of it, the company is trying to push itself into the higher end motherboards 

14 minutes ago, Evanair said:

So far, BioStar is the only x370 company making the mITX for thr am4.  

Last time I read anything about mITX was at the end if Janurary.  From the looks of it, the company is trying to push itself into the higher end motherboards 

I thought all miniITX boards were either X300/A300.

Pascal laptops guide

yeah, they've announced the x300 chipset which should be enthusiast and mini itx. I am in the same boat as you, want a mitx board with a ryzen CPU. They announced the x300 along with the x370. Keep in mind they have only just today shown the 3 of the CPUs, out of like 12? AMD is keeping things pretty close to the chest. I wouldn't be too concerned about not seeing an x300, i doubt its going to be too long before its out. If it doesn't come out by the 2nd, i'd look at it as an opportunity to wait until Ryzen is thoroughly benchmarked by third parties before ordering.

2 hours ago, atavax said:

i've found this about mini itx, doesn't look the most promising

Yeah sounds bad. I guess I will wait regardless to see if we get price drops.

Pascal laptops guide

AMD must support mitx for me to go back to an AMD CPU. 

we can hope. you would think it would be more and more mainstream. 

the Gigabyte, ASRock, and ASUS reps told us that they weren't going to invest in ITX unless Ryzen sales are off the charts)

It's currently at that top of Amazon's best sellers list so maybe there's hope

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 3:28 PM, Castdeath97 said:

For AM3+ it was rather obvious, too much of a bad TDP.

AM3+ TDPs were 95W and 125W. Seeing how there are X99 ITX boards, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Also, FM2+ has some 100W TDP APUs, and there are plenty ITX boards for it.

OP, FYI (this may be a board already mentioned in previous posts):

still waiting for signs of mDTX

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc