Help with Old Speakers

I just came into possession of a pair of Singer HE-925 speakers just like the ones pictured in the attachment, but mine are in pristine condition. They have never been used. My roommate bought them at the PX on his base while serving as an MP at the Panama Canal in the 70s. The speakers were never removed from the box and never used. The turntable they came with though doesn't work anymore.

I want to use these speakers to replace by Creative Labs 2.1 speakers. Right now all audio comes from my two computers through HDMI to my display which is a Samsung HDTV. An audio cable is connected to the 3.5mm audio out jack to a high-quality mechanical switch. This lets me select speakers or headphones. The headphones are AKG cans used with a Bravo Audio v3 Tube Amp. The only specs I have been able to find about these speakers is that they are 8 ohms and that is it. The speakers connect via an RCA jack. Seeing as they were intended for a turntable from the 70s I'm guessing the power they needed won't be that high. My budget is tight, what would I need to power these? Any suggestions?

Singer HE-925.jpg

--Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Content Creator for Zorch Central and Gamers Bay

Personal/Streaming Rig
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 1 TB Intel 660p SSD
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Windforce OC
  • Thermaltake 600 W 80+ Gold
Adobe Editing Rig
  • AMD Threadripper 1950X
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 512 GB Samsung 960 Pro
  • x2 SLI Nvidia GeForce 1080 ti
  • Corsair 1200 W 80+ Platinum

Have you considerd selling.Audio equipment that's that old must be worth something

My life

That's my last option. I'd rather use them since they're in such good condition. They've never been used and until yesterday the box hasn't been opened since the 70s. They even still have the original packing material (all cardboard). The cloth front is unstained and doesn't have a hint of dry rot. 

--Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Content Creator for Zorch Central and Gamers Bay

Personal/Streaming Rig
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 1 TB Intel 660p SSD
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Windforce OC
  • Thermaltake 600 W 80+ Gold
Adobe Editing Rig
  • AMD Threadripper 1950X
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 512 GB Samsung 960 Pro