Samsung 850 Pro Series is it good

user328453

I Have That in my system, So far has not failed me so far... Hate the Tiny Storage, But they are Good. 

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

been my boot drive for a while in my laptop, I "upgraded" from an 840Pro that I moved to my dad's laptop, I say "Upgraded" because there was no noticeable performance difference. I would propably suggest saving a little cash and get the Evo, those are good too, just put one in a computer last week for my tax lady (old family friend), great way to breath some life into lower end and older machines, made a world of difference on my dads Pentium Dual core laptop, still not close to what my G750JM-DS71 is capable of but it runs much better then it used too, I also just recently picked up a 500GB 750Evo for my storage drive after my 1TB HDD started suffering from corrupted sectors leading to data loss.

47 minutes ago, Jackster1249 said:

is it good

it's been my boot drive since its release, and its great, but once i get my new build done, im going to get a 960evo cuz nvme.

Nothing to see here, move along

It's not worth it over something like the regular 850 EVO. If you want something better than the EVO, get the 960.