Silverstone Sugo SG13

JABBYofficial
2 hours ago, dizmo said:

1. I'd look at the reviews of the board you want, see how the WiFi performs, and then compare it to these dongles.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/best-usb-wireless-network-adapters.html

https://www.lifewire.com/top-wi-fi-usb-adapters-2377825

You can likely save a ton of money by getting a lower tier board and a USB wifi solution. The USB ones let you position it more conveniently, and it can make a different. I used a USB WiFi stick for my last build and it worked flawlessly.

2. The cheaper MSI board has an m.2 slot. There are also $60 boards with m.2 slots.

3. For small form factor AIO is the best. You simply can't fit a large cooler inside, which is what makes an air cooler good. Large surface area to dissipate the heat, paired with large fans (on the unit, not the case). The SG13 is seriously limited in terms of cooler size, so AIO is your best bet. It's a little more expensive, but the same price as a cheap air cooler and the fan kit you chose, so it won't really affect the overall cost of your build. I'm not sure which card is the coolest, but there should be some reviews online that do comparisons for multiple 1060s? Generally the best for SFF is a Founders card.

I'm currently planning a SFF build, and last year the SG13 was at the top of my list, but it's too big for me now.

The GTR won't fit his case. M.2 is a form factor, it doesn't always mean it's a PCIe drive. Generally the drives are the same price if not cheaper and it means you don't have to run extra cables.

Unfortunately the GTR doesn't fit in your case, but it's far from overkill. Even a GTX 1080 won't max games at 144hz 1080p.

Thanks for all that tip. I did consider a usb wifi dongle in the first plans for this but i'd rather use the usb port for something else. I'm more than happy to consider motherboards with m.2 slots provided they are Mini ITX. Because I really really want this case to use it's a matter of personal preference already. But I do get where you're coming from. An AIO is a good thing for this case because the space is limited for airflow. But then again I'm not aiming for super-mega clock speeds if you get my drift, still it would be nice to know that the CPU sits under comfortable temps even under load. I hear there are some low profile heatsinks or air coolers from reputable brands. 

I also get your point about not maxing out the 1080p 144Hz point but i have no idea of any 1080p monitor at 75Hz which is my first choice. I only had pcPatPicker as my reference so I don't know where first to look. I'm still compelled to go with either a 1060 or a 480

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Dear God son you've been around long enough to know you should snip that shit :P

M.2 saves space. It requires no cabling. Cabling in a SFF build is bad.

You can still use other 2.5" drives, it doesn't limit you. I don't know what you mean by that.

It's rarely more expensive. In Australia, the price difference on an 850 is $1. Thermal throttling happens on NVMe drives because of the sheer volume of data being processed, and it only happens during extreme loads. Rarely will his build be subjected to that.

Calm down guys. I'm open to all suggestions. I just want a good solid build for this, all-around use like medium video editing and rendering etc and good fps at 1080p gaming. I have no problems with having 1 or 2 or 3 sata drvies i the case. I can always improvise

13 hours ago, Droidbot said:

I've got a H100i matey. 

Ever seen how much work it is to clean this thing? Literally said to a mate 'I'll be half an hour, cleaning my rad'

And I came back.. two hours later..

Why don't you use dust filters? I imagine they'd be easier to clean :P

12 hours ago, JABBYofficial said:

Thanks for all that tip.

-snip-

What do you need the USB ports for? I use a fair bit myself, but most people will never populate what comes on the back of the board. Does your monitor have USB ports? Low profile heatsinks aren't great. Period. You're on the right track using a lower wattage CPU though. The Cryorig C7 is likely the one you'll want to get. You can't OC your CPU, but that doesn't mean it won't heat up. I'd check reviews to see how the case handles thermals.

Yeah, they're both pretty solid cards. Just keep in mind you are limited when it comes to size, and it takes away about half of the available cards.

When quoting large blocks of text, the "polite" thing to do is to snip it like I did to yours. Just keeps the forum from looking cluttered. :)

12 hours ago, JABBYofficial said:

Calm down guys. I'm open to all suggestions. I just want a good solid build for this, all-around use like medium video editing and rendering etc and good fps at 1080p gaming. I have no problems with having 1 or 2 or 3 sata drvies i the case. I can always improvise

We're calm :P

I just think people that are incorrect would probably like to be corrected.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

33 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Why don't you use dust filters? I imagine they'd be easier to clean :P

What do you need the USB ports for? I use a fair bit myself, but most people will never populate what comes on the back of the board. Does your monitor have USB ports? Low profile heatsinks aren't great. Period. You're on the right track using a lower wattage CPU though. The Cryorig C7 is likely the one you'll want to get. You can't OC your CPU, but that doesn't mean it won't heat up. I'd check reviews to see how the case handles thermals.

Yeah, they're both pretty solid cards. Just keep in mind you are limited when it comes to size, and it takes away about half of the available cards.

When quoting large blocks of text, the "polite" thing to do is to snip it like I did to yours. Just keeps the forum from looking cluttered. :)

We're calm :P

I just think people that are incorrect would probably like to be corrected.

250D is a great case. But the dust filters are shite on the side panel. They don't take up half the dust that goes into my rad, and that shit piles up

idk

23 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

250D is a great case. But the dust filters are shite on the side panel. They don't take up half the dust that goes into my rad, and that shit piles up

Yeah it's not bad, it was one I was considering for a small system before the more boutique brands started putting out smaller chassis. Have you thought about adding DEMCIfilters to the outside of the case? It'd slightly change the aesthetic but I'd say it'd be worth it for the pain in the ass it seems to create.

You really can't manage to get into that whole quote reduction concept can you... :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

-S N I P-

I'm using my Surface without a keyboard, don't give me shit lmao

I'm probably gonna build in a smaller case with either a 7700k or a Ryzen 1600X with a high end board

Maybe Node304 with a Noctua cooler of some description, not a LP cooler though

idk

13 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

I'm using my Surface without a keyboard, don't give me shit lmao

I'm probably gonna build in a smaller case with either a 7700k or a Ryzen 1600X with a high end board

Maybe Node304 with a Noctua cooler of some description, not a LP cooler though

Hahaha fair enough :P

If the cooler performs like some reviews claim it might be worth it just to keep the stock one. Low profile coolers are all generally pretty poor. Miles better than Intel, but that doesn't take much :P

I plan to get either the 4c/8t AMD or the lowest tier 6c/12t (1500?) and pair it with their 95w cylinder cooler, provided it performs better. I've been looking at SFF cases and the choices are hard.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hahaha fair enough :P

If the cooler performs like some reviews claim it might be worth it just to keep the stock one. Low profile coolers are all generally pretty poor. Miles better than Intel, but that doesn't take much :P

I plan to get either the 4c/8t AMD or the lowest tier 6c/12t (1500?) and pair it with their 95w cylinder cooler, provided it performs better. I've been looking at SFF cases and the choices are hard.

Yeah, same. Might keep the stock cooler but my desk is near a vent and my parents complain that they can hear my PC when it's set to 'Balls To The Wall' in Corsair Link. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($408.48 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard  ($213.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($203.45 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1659.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-22 18:17 EST-0500

Probably gonna go for something like this. RIP 4670k and 'Apollo'

idk

36 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Yeah, same. Might keep the stock cooler but my desk is near a vent and my parents complain that they can hear my PC when it's set to 'Balls To The Wall' in Corsair Link.

Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard  ($213.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($203.45 @ SuperBiiz) 
-snip-

Probably gonna go for something like this. RIP 4670k and 'Apollo'

Interesting choice. I do like the X99 motherboards more, they have a really solid IO.

You wouldn't just use the included cooler? Do they make narrow adapters for the Noctua cooler?

I'm going full SSD with my next system other than external mass storage.
So far this case is winning:

[IMG]

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Interesting choice. I do like the X99 motherboards more, they have a really solid IO.

You wouldn't just use the included cooler? Do they make narrow adapters for the Noctua cooler?

I'm going full SSD with my next system other than external mass storage.
So far this case is winning:

[IMG]

Ooh, that is quite a nice looking case. I just want some space so I'm going with Node lmao

Possibly full SSD as well, but I'm mainly looking to swap case/board/CPU/HDD

idk

51 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Ooh, that is quite a nice looking case. I just want some space so I'm going with Node lmao

Possibly full SSD as well, but I'm mainly looking to swap case/board/CPU/HDD

Yea, there's been some revisions so it's now getting front USB and audio jacks. Interestingly enough, even though it's tiny it has better air cooler support than the SG13.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Yea, there's been some revisions so it's now getting front USB and audio jacks. Interestingly enough, even though it's tiny it has better air cooler support than the SG13.

Hm. I've considered getting a H90 or X42 for my Node if I build in it.

idk