Silverstone Sugo SG13

JABBYofficial

isn't the hyper 212 too tall for the Sg13? because of the powersupply directly above the Motherboard-cpu?>

i used a cryorig c7 in mine and it was perfect

a 120mm AIO is also an option

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Thanks. I purely wanted air cooling because i don't plan to put too much stress on my CPU ^_^ you used a full ATX PSU? 

2 minutes ago, JABBYofficial said:

Thanks. I purely wanted air cooling because i don't plan to put too much stress on my CPU ^_^ you used a full ATX PSU? 

Quote people  so they get repsonse

5 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

Or tag them @shadowbyte

Else they never get a notification and if they don't check back on this thread often things will get lost in time

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Quote people  so they get repsonse

Or tag them @shadowbyte

Else they never get a notification and if they don't check back on this thread often things will get lost in time

SOrry. First time in the forum too so i'm still learningz THANKS ^_^

2 minutes ago, JABBYofficial said:

@JABBYofficial you need to quote people or tag them like I have with you in order for them to see you've replied to their post.

I have a few questions about your build:

• Why are you using such an expensive motherboard?
  • I don't think you really need additional fans.
  • Have you considered an m.2 drive to reduce clutter?
  • Why a mini card? You can run a full size and get better cooling.

I'd ditch the extra fans and just get an AIO if you're concerned with cooling.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, JABBYofficial said:

I used a CX500m and had no issues

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

10 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

please OP don't buy a 120mm AIO, it's a total waste of money

c7's good tho

idk

8 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

please OP don't buy a 120mm AIO, it's a total waste of money

c7's good tho

Where do you get this information? In SFF cases it is not a waste of money. At all. A decent 120mm AIO can compete with the top tier air coolers.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

@JABBYofficial you need to quote people or tag them like I have with you in order for them to see you've replied to their post.

I have a few questions about your build:

• Why are you using such an expensive motherboard?
  • I don't think you really need additional fans.
  • Have you considered an m.2 drive to reduce clutter?
  • Why a mini card? You can run a full size and get better cooling.

I'd ditch the extra fans and just get an AIO if you're concerned with cooling.thanks for the help ^_^ i appreciate it

regarding your questions:

1. I wanted a wireless motherboard and this is what PcPart Picker have as one of the cheaper ones. I want lots of USB ports.

2. I have but i did not check if my motherboard has an m.2 drive. I REALLY want to use this case and the motherboards with m.2 that i checked in PC part picker are more expensive. 

3. I did not think that through. I wanted an SC for the 1060 but which is the best cooling card of the 1060? I can ditch the extra fans but i want aircooling and i want to promote good airflow for my build. Or is there a better option asides AIO? 

15 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

I used a CX500m and had no issues

Alright! Thanks ^_^ how about my PSU? Is it any good? 

1 minute ago, JABBYofficial said:

1. I wanted a wireless motherboard and this is what PcPart Picker have as one of the cheaper ones. I want lots of USB ports.

2. I have but i did not check if my motherboard has an m.2 drive. I REALLY want to use this case and the motherboards with m.2 that i checked in PC part picker are more expensive. 

3. I did not think that through. I wanted an SC for the 1060 but which is the best cooling card of the 1060? I can ditch the extra fans but i want aircooling and i want to promote good airflow for my build. Or is there a better option asides AIO? 

get yourself a GTR 480 8GB, it's a nicer card with very good cooling. 

M.2 IMO is a waste of time, PCI-E doesn't give you any benefit besides stupid paper numbers which don't really do much in the real world 

idk

9 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Where do you get this information? In SFF cases it is not a waste of money. At all. A decent 120mm AIO can compete with the top tier air coolers.

11 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

oh, didn't realise he was in SFF. then it's alright, but not amazing. 

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

M.2 IMO is a waste of time, PCI-E doesn't give you any benefit besides stupid paper numbers which don't really do much in the real world 

Thanks a bunch ^_^. But the price delta between the 1060 and the 480 gtr is not that much right? I heard of the GTRs great cooling capabilities. But i think IMO the 480 is a bit overkill for my 1080p gaming needs at 144 Hz. But the cooling really compells me.

1 minute ago, JABBYofficial said:

Thanks a bunch ^_^. But the price delta between the 1060 and the 480 gtr is not that much right? I heard of the GTRs great cooling capabilities. But i think IMO the 480 is a bit overkill for my 1080p gaming needs at 144 Hz. But the cooling really compells me.

I'm not kidding, you can buy new fans for it and rip the current ones out by pulling a switch. The aftermarket ones have LEDs. 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

I'm not kidding, you can buy new fans for it and rip the current ones out by pulling a switch. The aftermarket ones have LEDs. 

IKR? I saw JayZTwoCents review of it. It's so good ^_^ 

37 minutes ago, JABBYofficial said:

1. I'd look at the reviews of the board you want, see how the WiFi performs, and then compare it to these dongles.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/best-usb-wireless-network-adapters.html

https://www.lifewire.com/top-wi-fi-usb-adapters-2377825

You can likely save a ton of money by getting a lower tier board and a USB wifi solution. The USB ones let you position it more conveniently, and it can make a different. I used a USB WiFi stick for my last build and it worked flawlessly.

2. The cheaper MSI board has an m.2 slot. There are also $60 boards with m.2 slots.

3. For small form factor AIO is the best. You simply can't fit a large cooler inside, which is what makes an air cooler good. Large surface area to dissipate the heat, paired with large fans (on the unit, not the case). The SG13 is seriously limited in terms of cooler size, so AIO is your best bet. It's a little more expensive, but the same price as a cheap air cooler and the fan kit you chose, so it won't really affect the overall cost of your build. I'm not sure which card is the coolest, but there should be some reviews online that do comparisons for multiple 1060s? Generally the best for SFF is a Founders card.

I'm currently planning a SFF build, and last year the SG13 was at the top of my list, but it's too big for me now.

31 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

The GTR won't fit his case. M.2 is a form factor, it doesn't always mean it's a PCIe drive. Generally the drives are the same price if not cheaper and it means you don't have to run extra cables.

26 minutes ago, JABBYofficial said:

Unfortunately the GTR doesn't fit in your case, but it's far from overkill. Even a GTX 1080 won't max games at 144hz 1080p.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

1. I'd look at the reviews of the board you want, see how the WiFi performs, and then compare it to these dongles.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/best-usb-wireless-network-adapters.html

https://www.lifewire.com/top-wi-fi-usb-adapters-2377825

You can likely save a ton of money by getting a lower tier board and a USB wifi solution. The USB ones let you position it more conveniently, and it can make a different. I used a USB WiFi stick for my last build and it worked flawlessly.

2. The cheaper MSI board has an m.2 slot. There are also $60 boards with m.2 slots.

3. For small form factor AIO is the best. You simply can't fit a large cooler inside, which is what makes an air cooler good. Large surface area to dissipate the heat, paired with large fans (on the unit, not the case). The SG13 is seriously limited in terms of cooler size, so AIO is your best bet. It's a little more expensive, but the same price as a cheap air cooler and the fan kit you chose, so it won't really affect the overall cost of your build. I'm not sure which card is the coolest, but there should be some reviews online that do comparisons for multiple 1060s? Generally the best for SFF is a Founders card.

I'm currently planning a SFF build, and last year the SG13 was at the top of my list, but it's too big for me now.

The GTR won't fit his case. M.2 is a form factor, it doesn't always mean it's a PCIe drive. Generally the drives are the same price if not cheaper and it means you don't have to run extra cables.

Unfortunately the GTR doesn't fit in your case, but it's far from overkill. Even a GTX 1080 won't max games at 144hz 1080p.

Oh okay then. Yeah, but what's the point of going M.2 with SATA? You're better off getting a 2.5" drive essentially every time - it's cheaper, you can use multiple, and it's generally better performance-wise as well (thermal throttling, etc)

idk

Oh okay then. Yeah, but what's the point of going M.2 with SATA? You're better off getting a 2.5" drive essentially every time - it's cheaper, you can use multiple, and it's generally better performance-wise as well (thermal throttling, etc)

Dear God son you've been around long enough to know you should snip that shit :P

M.2 saves space. It requires no cabling. Cabling in a SFF build is bad.

You can still use other 2.5" drives, it doesn't limit you. I don't know what you mean by that.

It's rarely more expensive. In Australia, the price difference on an 850 is $1. Thermal throttling happens on NVMe drives because of the sheer volume of data being processed, and it only happens during extreme loads. Rarely will his build be subjected to that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Dear God son you've been around long enough to know you should snip that shit :P

M.2 saves space. It requires no cabling. Cabling in a SFF build is bad.

You can still use other 2.5" drives, it doesn't limit you. I don't know what you mean by that.

It's rarely more expensive. In Australia, the price difference on an 850 is $1. Thermal throttling happens on NVMe drives because of the sheer volume of data being processed, and it only happens during extreme loads. Rarely will his build be subjected to that.

Aw shit, sorry. I still like my 2.5" drives though, don't get me wrong. Even in SFF. 

idk

Aw shit, sorry. I still like my 2.5" drives though, don't get me wrong. Even in SFF. 

Your case is small, but not too small ;)
Try fitting them into a truly small SFF build, and it just creates a ton of unnecessary headache for literally no gain.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Your case is small, but not too small ;)
Try fitting them into a truly small SFF build, and it just creates a ton of unnecessary headache for literally no gain.

I've got a H100i matey. 

Ever seen how much work it is to clean this thing? Literally said to a mate 'I'll be half an hour, cleaning my rad'

And I came back.. two hours later..

idk