Is getting the season pass for Resident Evil 7 worth it?

Bleedingyamato

its a game that you play once, the novelty wears out after the first time unless you want all 2 endings. 

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its a game that you play once, the novelty wears out after the first time unless you want all 2 endings. 

Do you mean the base game or the dlc?

I've already got and beat the main game.  

Currently I'm considering getting the season pass for the dlc.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Do you mean the base game or the dlc?

I've already got and beat the main game.  

Currently I'm considering getting the season pass for the dlc.

if its worth it for you i would say go for it

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if its worth it for you i would say go for it

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  ?

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  ?

do you enjoy the game? how much depends on the answer 

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

do you enjoy the game? how much depends on the answer 

Yeah.  It was scary but leaps and bounds better than RE6.  

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yeah.  It was scary but leaps and bounds better than RE6.  

try VR, i got my parents a ps vr and bunch of vr games for their anniversary, they really seem to enjoy it. before you say anything the vive is not worth it for me or my wife, we are not vr fans. 

36 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

try VR, i got my parents a ps vr and bunch of vr games for their anniversary, they really seem to enjoy it. before you say anything the vive is not worth it for me or my wife, we are not vr fans. 

I have it on PC so a PS VR wouldn't help me unless I got it for my PS4 too.

I don't know if VR is for me either.  There's basically no AAA games made for it that I know of.  It's all gimmicky things and mini games.  

I think RE7 might only support VR on the PS4 as silly as that is.  Worse, I heard it looks terrible on PS VR.  

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I have it on PC so a PS VR wouldn't help me unless I got it for my PS4 too.

I don't know if VR is for me either.  There's basically no AAA games made for it that I know of.  It's all gimmicky things and mini games.  

I think RE7 might only support VR on the PS4 as silly as that is.  Worse, I heard it looks terrible on PS VR.  

for people who doesn't understand tech, a ps4 pro is much better than a pc. the vr doesn't look bad, just remember you are getting what you are paying for and for also sales are nice with a bundle, a quick vr experience a ps4 pro is much better than a 1k vive that i will only use once.  

43 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

for people who doesn't understand tech, a ps4 pro is much better than a pc. the vr doesn't look bad, just remember you are getting what you are paying for and for also sales are nice with a bundle, a quick vr experience a ps4 pro is much better than a 1k vive that i will only use once.  

How is a ps4 pro much better than a PC? I moved from ps4 to PC and by the looks of it, the pro is just a more powerful ps4 that is weaker than a PC. So what you said makes no sense.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

9 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

How is a ps4 pro much better than a PC? I moved from ps4 to PC and by the looks of it, the pro is just a more powerful ps4 that is weaker than a PC. So what you said makes no sense.

learn to read the whole sentence before commenting, context is important. 

10 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

for people who doesn't understand tech, a ps4 pro is much better than a pc

my parents are older couple so a htc vive paired with a pc will not be as simple as a plug and go ps4 pro. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

learn to read the whole sentence before commenting, context is important. 

my parents are older couple so a htc vive paired with a pc will not be as simple as a plug and go ps4 pro. 

I did read it and it still makes no sense. 
Oh wait..Ok, you mean it's good for people who don't understand tech.
It looked like you were stating to the people that don't understand tech, a ps4 is more powerful.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

A PS VR could be an interesting thing to try but there's other things I need my money for like buying a PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch once it's available.  

I do not advocate purchasing either Pre-Orders or Season Passes. Too often has the gaming community been burned by games that are buggy and barely playable upon launch, thus requiring one or more patches to fix the problems that should have been caught during QA or during beta testing. As for Season Passes, developers are under no obligation to deliver if you buy a season pass and by putting your money down first before seeing what they might come up with they could decide to cut back on what they were going to release so you end up paying more for less DLC.

--Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Content Creator for Zorch Central and Gamers Bay

Personal/Streaming Rig
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 1 TB Intel 660p SSD
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Windforce OC
  • Thermaltake 600 W 80+ Gold
Adobe Editing Rig
  • AMD Threadripper 1950X
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • 512 GB Samsung 960 Pro
  • x2 SLI Nvidia GeForce 1080 ti
  • Corsair 1200 W 80+ Platinum

My advice on any season pass is to wait until ~$30 of DLC is out, then judge if you want it all and if the season pass is still the most efficient way to get it. Sometimes by then a season pass is a great deal, and you have the benefit of knowing specifically what you're getting.

10 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

I did read it and it still makes no sense. 
Oh wait..Ok, you mean it's good for people who don't understand tech.
It looked like you were stating to the people that don't understand tech, a ps4 is more powerful.

I got confused too, until i read the same sentence 3 or 4 times

He is pretty much saying ps4 pro is good for very non-technical users due to its simplicity (like any other console)..Though of course, a mid-high end rig could still beat the ps4 pro

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

4 hours ago, typographie said:

My advice on any season pass is to wait until ~$30 of DLC is out, then judge if you want it all and if the season pass is still the most efficient way to get it. Sometimes by then a season pass is a great deal, and you have the benefit of knowing specifically what you're getting.

The two dlc things available atm, Banned Footage 1 and Banned Footage 2, add up to $25 USD so that's why I'm considering the season pass.  

BF1 is $10 and BF2 is $15.  So the $30 season pass would only be another $5 which assuming there'd be more single player dlc eventually would probably make it the better deal.  

But I have no idea when/if there will be more dlc.