Hello everyone, i am back with the same issues and i havent solved it.  Im having major bottleneck issues with my setup, which has an i5 6500, gtx 1060 3gb, 8gb single stick ddr4 2133mhz.

This issue has been going on for a very long time now, i am getting 90-100% cpu usage in any game i play at 1080p while gpu usage hangs low.

i do not know what the issue is, i have tried swapping out the ram for 16gb and running the ram at 3200mhz, i have tried buying a new motherboard. nothing has worked.

any help ? 

Update to latest gpu driver? Is it running igpu or dgpu? Did you plug the cable to mobo or to the gpu itself? Any temps issue?

1 minute ago, JohnTheDawn said:

@deXxterlab97none of those you have stated are an issue, as i have tried all of them and made sure most of them are correct.

More specific? 

@deXxterlab97i have updated to latest drivers, its running the dedicated gpu, yes i have plugged the gpu and the mobo,and no there are no temp issues as the cpu runs 40-60 highest being 65, gpu runs cool 40-70c

@deXxterlab97i have updated to latest drivers, its running the dedicated gpu, yes i have plugged the gpu and the mobo,and no there are no temp issues as the cpu runs 40-60 highest being 65, gpu runs cool 40-70c

What game are you having that issue or is it all game?

8 minutes ago, JohnTheDawn said:

@deXxterlab97bf4, gta 5, overwatch, fallout 4, and many other triple a games

Try 2X 8 gb of ram for dual channel maybe, ? Anyway, i5 should run those games easily, only thing an i5 struggle a bit nowadays is BF1 :P

Are you sure theres not something wrong with the windows.. etc.. try a clean install

@smokefest the thing is i did try 2x 8gb in dual channel, did nothing.  But my 1tb hard drive is from a dell system that i got a free upgrade to windows 10, idk if that has any affects as my hard drive is pretty clean.

@smokefest the thing is i did try 2x 8gb in dual channel, did nothing.  But my 1tb hard drive is from a dell system that i got a free upgrade to windows 10, idk if that has any affects as my hard drive is pretty clean.

you could check if the drive is healthy with CrystalDiskInfo

@deXxterlab97 it states that the 1tb hard drive is in "good" condition 

what frame rate they are running at? is it playable?

@deXxterlab97 its playable, but way off normal systems with the same specs

you said earlier you plugged mobo, what do you mean by that?

@deXxterlab97everything is plugged in the correct spots, motherboard power 24pin, cpu 4 pin and all that

go to nvidia control panel and make sure under graphics it is running as high performance . I don't have an nvidia card atm 

Image result for high performance nvidia

@deXxterlab97 that option doesnt show for me, is it a windows 7 thing ? cos i have windows 10 

Do you have Nvidia driver installed. Usually it is right click on desktop and Nvidia control panel